What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Confirmed + Mortal Kombat X Release Date Finally Announced!

You're correct 5$ doesn't mean a whole lot. Turns out it's probably not a monetary thing for a lot of us who are opposed to pre-orders. For me it's entirely philosophical. I'm opposed to paying for beta access or pre-ordering triple A titles. For small indie developers I understand that their funding is limited and they may need a little extra help in order to deliver a finished product but there is no excuse for AAA developers who have much deeper pockets. The only thing pre-ordering does for these devs is give them instant profit on a product that hasn't even been tested yet. I believe that's why there is a lot of crappy AAA titles out there that are released with issues that never get fixed because they company has already made their money off the title. And really from a business perspective where's the incentive to try harder when you're already making money with what you have? And on the beta front, it used to be either the testers were getting paid to help or it was free and you simply had to apply providing the specs of your system. It's crazy that people now pay to test games for companies.

I much prefer AAA devs to have to stand by the results of their released product for their profit rather than marketing and "extras" that they provide in pre-orders.

All of that said, I believe NRS is a decent company I would never lump them in with the likes of EA or Activision. I actually am fairly confident I'll enjoy the product they produce. All the same, I still stand by my ideals and won't be pre-ordering content from them.
These AAA games also cost tons to develop...it's a business. Not ethics class. They aren't being dishonest, they're giving you an incentive to purchase their game, before you had no incentive.

E

Eldriken

These AAA games also cost tons to develop...it's a business. Not ethics class. They aren't being dishonest, they're giving you an incentive to purchase their game, before you had no incentive.
Exactly. Especially with them developing for next-gen consoles, their development costs have probably increased significantly.

Dust

Iron Dragon
Kratos was console exclusive ... this information was there when we were told about him we don't know about Goro until NRS tells us more.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Maybe Goro's standard moveset will include grapples throughall his variations. We haven't seen that yet.

This guy is like the definition of a grappler. If they did keep special grabs to all variations, I think he'd be the character to do it with.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
So sick of all this pre-order bonus DLC shit, its truly getting old, they are already holding HQ and Red Hood hostage with it now Goro.

They indeed do cost a lot to develop produce, a lot of that cost has nothing to do with the quality of the product but the marketing that goes with it. And while I'll concede once again that I don't think NRS is a dishonest company that is not to say other AAA companies following similar practices have not been.

At the end of the day you're entitled to give someone money based on the promise they have provided you. I prefer to wait and have the product in hand before I give them my money. And for me it's not that it's financially taxing it's that I believe it only serves to encourage less consumer friendly business practices.

If you'd like I'd be happy to list plenty of AAA titles that had massive pre-orders but had terrible reviews post release due to the poor quality of the product.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Is anyone getting this on 360 or is everyone moving on to XB1?
The 360/PS3 version isn't being handled by NRS directly so it's pretty certain that everyones going current gen or PC.

I'd love to get it on PC just so I could use my Qanba still but I guess I'll flip a coin to see which console I get it on. I should have both at that point.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm pre-ordering on everything I own anyway and I usually defend pre-order incentives that are a costume or skin or whatever, can't defend a character even one that probably wouldn't be playable otherwise.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
They indeed do cost a lot to develop produce, a lot of that cost has nothing to do with the quality of the product but the marketing that goes with it. And while I'll concede once again that I don't think NRS is a dishonest company that is not to say other AAA companies following similar practices have not been.

At the end of the day you're entitled to give someone money based on the promise they have provided you. I prefer to wait and have the product in hand before I give them my money. And for me it's not that it's financially taxing it's that I believe it only serves to encourage less consumer friendly business practices.

If you'd like I'd be happy to list plenty of AAA titles that had massive pre-orders but had terrible reviews post release due to the poor quality of the product.
Like the guy who sued because GTA 5 wasn't 1080p :DOGE

any way who thinks MKX won't be good?