What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Confirmed + Mortal Kombat X Release Date Finally Announced!

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Guys just think if Brutality is in this game as a finisher... No more "no blood code" for me.. although I havent seen that aspect in any of the gameplay where you are allowed to put in codes at the loading screen..

cyke_out

Noob
Some games have thier pre order bonus available as day 1 DLC. Hopefully Goro is like this for people unable to pre order.

trufenix

bye felicia
They're not forcing you to do anything. Either you choose to do it or you choose not to. How's that forcing you to do anything again? It's only forced when you don't have a choice in the matter, which you clearly do.
Force may be the wrong word. But the reality is I have two shitty choices; Pay for a thing site unseen or pay additional dlc dollars for a game that was complete prerelease. Why can't I buy the same game on April 15th that you bought on April 13th?

No other business gets away with this shit. They don't take tracks off a music cd if you buy after release, they don't pull options off your car if you buy it used, and they don't sell produce at the grocery store before its been delivered. They want to charge a little more, call it an LE or CE and make me feel special for buying in, thats one thing, and I can still find said CE or LE after release somewhere. But all this does is say buy a thing we haven't finished, surrender your ability to find a sale, buy it late, or even buy from any retailer other than the ones they've chosen or lose / pay more for a character.

It's a predatory business practice and it sucks. It sucks that impulsive gamer consumerism has made this a thing people are just okay with cause its literally effort free money on the publishers part. And every time it works, that just means next time they'll try to get away with more.

But you're right. They've got me by the balls this time anyway because I love NRS more than any other developer and I'm not going to go into MKX one character down whenever I buy it, so I'll shut my face, eat my crow, and move on. Congratulations WB, you win this round. But I have a limit, and that's the reason I don't buy Capcom products anymore. I would hate to put WB on that list too.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Meh I've gotten used to all this DLC/pre-order stuff. just as long as we don't have it split amongst the distributors, that shits BS

Force may be the wrong word. But the reality is I have two shitty choices; Pay for a thing site unseen or pay $60 + whatever dlc dollars for a complete game, or maybe never get him at all if they go with the Batman model. Why can't I buy the same game on April 15th that you bought on April 13th?

No other business gets away with this shit. They don't take tracks off a music cd if you buy after release, they don't pull options off your car if you buy it used, and they don't sell produce at the grocery store before its been delivered. They want to charge a little more, call it an LE or CE and make me feel special for buying in, thats one thing, and I can still find said CE or LE after release somewhere. But all this does is say buy a thing we haven't finished, surrender your ability to find a sale, buy it late, or even buy from any retailer other than the ones they've chosen or lose / pay more for a character.

It's a predatory business practice and it sucks. It sucks that impulsive gamer consumerism has made this a thing people are just okay with cause its literally effort free money on the publishers part. And every time it works, that just means next time they'll try to get away with more.

But you're right. They've got me by the balls this time anyway because I love NRS more than any other developer and I'm not going to go into MKX one character down whenever I buy it, so I'll shut my face, eat my crow, and move on. Congratulations WB, you win this round. But I have a limit, and that's the reason I don't buy Capcom products anymore. I would hate to put WB on that list too.
They hold preorders for a week...

E

Eldriken

Force may be the wrong word. But the reality is I have two shitty choices; Pay for a thing site unseen or pay additional dlc dollars for a game that was complete prerelease. Why can't I buy the same game on April 15th that you bought on April 13th?
If you pre-order the game and wind up not liking Goro, what have you lost? Nothing. What if you didn't pre-order, bought Goro separately and didn't like him? What have you lost? However much you paid for the DLC.

The fact is, if you pre-order the game and don't like him, you lose nothing and you don't have to use him.

Dust

Iron Dragon
Awesome!

He defiantly will not be pre-order exclusive. My guess is if you don't pre-order you will have to unlock him in game via story or ladder. Or possibly a free download down the line. Could be released later for $ but i'm not too concerned about it. I'm pre-ordering today.

Are you guys really that broke you can't put down $5 on preordering?

What's with the pointless whining, it's not even like it's console specific.

You're gonna have to pay money regardless for the full game....might as well deduct $5 and get a cool character.
You're correct 5$ doesn't mean a whole lot. Turns out it's probably not a monetary thing for a lot of us who are opposed to pre-orders. For me it's entirely philosophical. I'm opposed to paying for beta access or pre-ordering triple A titles. For small indie developers I understand that their funding is limited and they may need a little extra help in order to deliver a finished product but there is no excuse for AAA developers who have much deeper pockets. The only thing pre-ordering does for these devs is give them instant profit on a product that hasn't even been tested yet. I believe that's why there is a lot of crappy AAA titles out there that are released with issues that never get fixed because they company has already made their money off the title. And really from a business perspective where's the incentive to try harder when you're already making money with what you have? And on the beta front, it used to be either the testers were getting paid to help or it was free and you simply had to apply providing the specs of your system. It's crazy that people now pay to test games for companies.

I much prefer AAA devs to have to stand by the results of their released product for their profit rather than marketing and "extras" that they provide in pre-orders.

All of that said, I believe NRS is a decent company I would never lump them in with the likes of EA or Activision. I actually am fairly confident I'll enjoy the product they produce. All the same, I still stand by my ideals and won't be pre-ordering content from them.

Until he's no longer exclusive to pre-orders and available either as DLC, an unlock, or a free download, I don't see how we can justify this character being used in tournaments.

E

Eldriken

Well I hope it applies to pre-orders in South Africa.
It might. We'll have to wait for more details to be revealed. Unfortunately, some pre-order bonuses are exclusive to the US and UK. >_<

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Considering Goro is the "Prince of Outworld" I really do think he'll be unlocked in story mode much like Quan Chi and Cyber Subzero.

That said, wouldn't they want to keep story mode characters a secret until launch? It makes me wonder if he really is DLC. There is really no way of knowing until more info is out I guess.

Dust

Iron Dragon
Until he's no longer exclusive to pre-orders and available either as DLC, an unlock, or a free download, I don't see how we can justify this character being used in tournaments.
7 months before the game is out and the majority of the games info is even to be seen. Hold your brakes and wait before we talk about bans.

7 months before the game is out and the majority of the games info is even to be seen. Hold your brakes and wait before we talk about bans.
It's not a matter of "wait and see". We knew IMMEDIATELY Kratos couldn't be tournament-standard because the nature of the character meant certain players couldn't use him.

If you can't get him as DLC- he's basically in the same boat as Kratos.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
:') that gives me plenty of time to save up for either Xbone or ps4

I'm totally pumped for goro idk what u all are upset about