What's new

Giving back meter to your opponent via damage.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I don't know how explored this is in the game. We have meter building information on your own character via zoning, block strings and comboing but to my knowledge, none on the properties of giving it back to your opponent via damage.

This interests me as there are combos and setups that are better in different situations that do relatively the same, if not identical damage and I wanted to explore the advantages this can give your opponent, especially if they approach a breaker mid combo.

Let me elaborate here: If I'm Sektor for example and I go to punish my opponent with a meterless combo I can do these 2 combos below (just as examples)

12B1 NJP F44 TU, B2 Flame burner (9 hits, 38%)
12B1 NJP F44 TU, B34 TU (10 hits, 38%)
(source: NKZero 's Ultimate Sektor guide)

Both do equal damage but with different number of hits and different outcomes for Sektor to consider (either they are reset or are sent a safe distance from Sektor).

What I'm wanting to know is: Is the meter that your opponent receives via damage relevant to the damage they take or the number of hits? As important as frame data and meter building is, I think this should also be factored when looking to finish a combo for a lot of characters in these situations is the opponent if reaching a breaker or X-ray.

If what I'm asking is common knowledge please direct me to the thread, at present I can't find anything.