What's new

GGA Max wins Ghost Battle Series #58!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Senorita....you'll learn to fear me.

Chicago is home to Morton's Salt and the saltiest weekly Injustice tournament in the nation. Proof of this was last night where Max won his third GBS in a row and left everyone in the room so emo it was like a funeral was taking place. Max didn't win his 24th GBS in the winners bracket however. The revived Max vs. PPJ rivarly entered a new stage when Max was finally sent to losers by PPJ in an incredible Shazam vs. Bane match that displayed the patience these two players are capable of despite their reputations for being rushdown fools. Max was able to tear through the losers bracket and earn a rematch in the grand finals by breaking the backs of a cat, a fish and a jew. This time PPJ's pride in Hawkgirl got the best of him and he insisted on winning with his animal lady. Unfortunately without the strength of Hercules and the wisdom of Solomon PPJ could not withstand Bane's might. No one has ever won GBS 4 times in a row. Max has won 3 straight 5 different times but has never remained on the throne for a straight month. Can he do it next week or will someone unseat the beans powered terror?

Twisted had a brush with greatness this week, coming extremely close to beating both myself and Max this week. In fact had it not been for the switch to 3/5 he would have won both sets. Twisted also made history by becoming the first player I've ever heard to make Jeremiah so salty he cursed. For 3 years I've never seen Jeremiah speak so harshly but apparently every man has their limit and on September 25th, 2014 Tom Brady's Mom forced Jeremiah past his. If Theo is the king of the sea perhaps Limbo can crown himself king of the great lakes.

Rational Jim also came close to an upset in an epic set against PPJ's Shazam. Jim was responsible for arguably the best moment of the past few weeks when his tendency to boldly attempt to close out matches with trait and super paid off in spectacular fashion. This loss sent Jim on a losers path through Hruza, a rematch of last week's best fight. Last week Jim destroyed Hruza for the first 2 games before the Faygo drinking Nightwing was able to clutch out a 3/2 win. Things were different this week as Jim was never able to get his footing and lost decisivley to Da Bruza.

Top 8 results:
1. GGA Max(Bane)
2. GGA Pimpimjim(Shazam, Hawkgirl)
3. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
4. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
5. Emperor Twisted(Aquaman)
5. Hruza Da Bruza(Nightwing)
7. Rational Jim(The Flash)
7. GGA Jeremiah(Aquaman, Doomsday)

Current seeding:
1. 16 Bit 30 points
2. Max 24 points