What's new

GGA | Dizzy Wins MKX at First Attack 2015

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
What? @GGA Dizzy won a tournament using Johnny Cage? But I thought he was bad, certainly not fine, needing buffs, including triple chip damage in Fistcuffs? Not to mention he's a Ford Focus (with no mirrors). Man, this is so wrong in so many ways.

@Asodimazze
@Name v.5.0
@ The whole Johnny Cage (downplaying) community

Please, explain.

----
NINJA EDIT:

Oh, and congrats for the win, Dizzy! Keep it up! |o/

Aaaaaaand, as promised, here it is:

Johnny Cage is not an awesome car. He's a Ford Focus. A fucking Ford Focus with no mirrors.
Looking forward to quote this more and more in the near future!

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
True. I do not put as much emotion into these pro players as many here do.
I'm not even talking pro players. You really should go to a tournament some time. Whenever you see a good friend or family member do well or beat someone very good, you can't help but get extremely excited for them. It just happens and there's no other meaning behind it most of the time.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
@Cage downplaying thing:

Cage won because simple, nobody played the actual broken characters in the tournament.

P.F.

Noob
What? @GGA Dizzy won a tournament using Johnny Cage? But I thought he was bad, certainly not fine, needing buffs, including triple chip damage in Fistcuffs? Not to mention he's a Ford Focus (with no mirrors). Man, this is so wrong in so many ways.

@Asodimazze
@Name v.5.0

Please, explain.

----
NINJA EDIT:

Don't forgot about the people calling Johnny OP now too, when this is one of the only tournies he's gotten all the way thru to grand finals... This community and the knee jerk crying is getting old.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I'm not even talking pro players. You really should go to a tournament some time. Whenever you see a good friend or family member do well or beat someone very good, you can't help but get extremely excited for them. It just happens and there's no other meaning behind it most of the time.
I just look down on anyone, in any sport or competition who starts celebrating and popping off before its over. I understand the crowd reacting, but Atai popping off and then losing the tournament to the same guy he celebrated a set win over....lol.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I just look down on anyone, in any sport or competition who starts celebrating and popping off before its over. I understand the crowd reacting, but Atai popping off and then losing the tournament to the same guy he celebrated a set win over....lol.
Sad.

But you do you then.

M.D.

Wow. Just wow.
The never-ending list of excuses to justify the ridiculous downplaying of the JC community is beyond real.

Hey @GGA Dizzy , this gentleman right here thinks your win is worthless. Thoughts?
You're the one saying Dizzy won only because using an OP char, so right back at'cha bub :p

Perdition

Wow. Just wow.
The never-ending list of excuses to justify the ridiculous downplaying of the JC community is beyond real.

Hey @GGA Dizzy , this gentleman right here thinks your win is worthless. Thoughts?
Dude, a lot of people here will push their agenda regardless of reality.

Perdition

Sad.

But you do you then.
It's not sad at all. I am just big on respect. And popping off before you shake the hand of an opponent that is not eliminated yet is "sad" by my definition. But its whatever, he had a good slice of humble pie, and I doubt he acts like that again as a result.

P.F.

Noob
It's not sad at all. I am just big on respect. And popping off before you shake the hand of an opponent that is not eliminated yet is "sad" by my definition. But its whatever, he had a good slice of humble pie, and I doubt he acts like that again as a result.
The crowd in general was just kind of against Dizzy but that's because Atai had the home town advantage...it basically happens in every tourny.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

@Asodimazze
@Name v.5.0

Please, explain.

----
NINJA EDIT:

Poto I don't want to start a character discussion here, nor do I want to offend you, but you probably think JC is top 5 or something just because xinox uses him, and from what I see he beats you a lot.

I win against almost anyone online (with perfect connection), that doesn't mean shit too.
If Dizzy wins a major with Cage is because he is a splendid player, nothing more than that.

Tournament results don't make tier lists.
Shinnok didn't make top 8 at EVO, this doesn't change the fact that he was top 1-2.
Sub-zero won CEO. Is he top 5?
I also remember a few tournaments with Tremor in top 3 or Reptile in top 8...but no, they aren't even top 10.

Last edited:

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
Nice win @GGA Dizzy my fellow Cage brethren.

Just throwing this out there on the topic of Cage now being "God Tier" by a few dick riders how much of the top 8 knew the Cage MU?.

Btw not a cage down player hes definitely upper mid tier for sure.

Last edited:

M.D.

That is awesome, I'm stealing that.

Also, not buffs, sorry, i meant "fixes".

Must stay true to the cult :p

P.F.

Noob
Nice win @GGA Dizzy my fellow Cage brethren.

Just throwing this out there on the topic of Cage now being "God Tier" by a few dick riders how much of the top 8 knew the Cage MU?.

Btw not a cage down player hes definitely upper mid tier for sure.
It blows my mind when someone does well with a character in a tourny that isn't Lao/Pred/Erron/Cassie/Quan/Shinnok they must be secret broken tier. SMH

P.F.

Noob
Am i the only Cage player who thinks A-list is a very soild character and might be high tier? :(
Johnny as a whole is very solid. I think A-List is hands down his best variant, but I think if a talented player like DJT decided to make Stunt Double his secondary we could see some insane tech there too.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
im glad i caught this top 8. that comeback by atai in winners finals was wild. and also gross's combo drop :(

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Glad he won ! even though I didn't see any punishes on regular Shadow kicks blocked, Ex nut punches blocked, neither Atai was taking advantage of the -4 on ex SK block.. But anyway, great work for Dizzy, hope he make it through the Yomi boys o/