What's new

GG NY Chris G wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Wednesday Night Fights 3.4!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
umm last time I checked, me, showtime, and chris g have got more than a few top 8s at majors/regionals/locals having reptile as one of our characters #YEEEAAAPPP easy top 10 and the matchup chart he possessed was very solid
Yeah but there were a lot of characters that got top 8 at majors. In fact I think almost all the characters in MK9 were top 8 at a major at some point, aside from a few. Can't make them all top 10! There were just a lot of viable characters in MK9.

Also I got top 8 twice with Reptile and won some locals too =/

So easy to forget about Chef.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Now that I'm thinking about it, I know all of these got top 8 at some point:

Sub Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Noob, Smoke, Rain, Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Skarlet, Sektor, Cyrax, Kenshi, Freddy, Sindel, Sonya, Jax, Cage, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Kabal, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Raiden

These ones I'm not so sure about, did any of them make top 8 at some point?

Cyber Sub, Stryker (except MIT at Evo), Kano, Baraka, Sheeva

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mainly Chef back in the day. I forget who else. Maybe the general consensus has changed /shrug. I just remember a lot of tym back in the day thinkin Reptile was low mid tier at best. I could be wrong
No one thought Reptile was mid-low lol.

Not top 10 and mid-low are two different things.

EGP Wonder_Chef

umm last time I checked, me, showtime, and chris g have got more than a few top 8s at majors/regionals/locals having reptile as one of our characters #YEEEAAAPPP easy top 10 and the matchup chart he possessed was very solid
just curious, did you ever top 8 using just reptile?

randyth

Noob
Let's not forget who beat him in the reptile mirror.. @Cossner and outplaced him haha.
Phulease!! Mirrors prove jackshit.
Remember that ChrisG beat PL in tournament (in a very impressive match). He had several amazing performances and placings. The other guy....who is he??

The best Reptile remains ChrisG with MIT as very close second (there was a time when this was switched).

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Remember that ChrisG beat PL in tournament (in a very impressive match). He had several amazing performances and placings. The other guy....who is he??

The best Reptile remains ChrisG with MIT as very close second (there was a time when this was switched).
They were at the same tournament and Cossner not only beat him but out placed him as well. Right now Cossner is the best reptile main. He just proved it at summer jam.

make that 3 :p, used all liu to top 8 at dallas, but that is besides the point. The worst he could have been was number 10. He only had one 7 3 and a few bad matchups that all are very manageable.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

Yeah who is that guy he sounds like a scrub, bopping Chris G in tournament with his own character doesn't mean anything at all.