What's new

GG NY Chris G wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Wednesday Night Fights 3.4!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Did RA Helios use Aquaman vs chris g in inj? And reptile mirror in mk9 vs chris g?

Why was RA Helios at WNF but not WCW last weekend ?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Did RA Helios use Aquaman vs chris g in inj? And reptile mirror in mk9 vs chris g?

Why was RA Helios at WNF but not WCW last weekend ?
jeeze...this rivalry thing is real huh? how about you two talk privately and work your b.s. out already? More friends are better than more enemies.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Good thing Chris G is just a fighting game player and not specifically a Capcom player. How long does this guy have to be godlike at every game ever before he stops being viewed as a "Capcom" player. ..
I never offended the vato I was just saying. Calm down lol

Chris G was a capcom guy originally but I don't know if most actually know the rising story of chris G and when/how he became relevant.

He was an amazing third strike player after everyone stopped playing third strike, and for the first 2 versions of SF4 he couldnt quite find his groove. He exploded as a marvel 3 player, and once yang came out, and sakura became broke as fuck, he was destroying people in street fighter 4. Then he started playing everything under gods green earth, like mk9 and KOF. I honestly think everything stems from his third strike days. Any other fighting game looks so simple in comparison to third strike when it comes to the system of the game (like parrying) or the execution.

Chris G is scariest human being incapable of giving a firm handshake.

#MacNcheeseOnly

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is this a blow up?
I can't keep track of whether losing to Chris G is ok or not

I'm glad you asked. Along with being a match up cop, major cop, and legacy cop I'm also a Chris G cop. After a careful consideration of the bracket and the context of the time/place of the tournament I have decided that Chris G winning is in fact NOT a blowup.

Seriously, Chris G is a NRS player. Long live Chris G.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Chris G was a capcom guy originally but I don't know if most actually know the rising story of chris G and when/how he became relevant.

He was an amazing third strike player after everyone stopped playing third strike, and for the first 2 versions of SF4 he couldnt quite find his groove. He exploded as a marvel 3 player, and once yang came out, and sakura became broke as fuck, he was destroying people in street fighter 4. Then he started playing everything under gods green earth, like mk9 and KOF. I honestly think everything stems from his third strike days. Any other fighting game looks so simple in comparison to third strike when it comes to the system of the game (like parrying) or the execution.
I remember at NEC2010, Chris was playing UMK3 with us. I had never heard of him and certainly didn't recognize him. He was doing well in UMK3, and kept coming over to play. Near the end of the tournament, he came over and said he won 3rd Strike (or got 2nd, I can't remember), and he seemed just as surprised as I did. I don't know if he was known before then, but for me, that was the start of his legend.