What's new

Games that make you cry?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
OK, anyone wanna man up and admit if a game has ever made you cry (or at least moved you to tears?)

I can honestly say that no game has ever made me shed tears, but there has been one that came damn close: Metal Gear Solid 3. The entire saga is amazing, but #3 is beyond words. If you do not feel some sort of emotion welling up inside you after playing through the game and watching the final cutscene, something is wrong with you.

Oh I'm emo with video games for sure. Probably the thing that gets me all the time is the intro to Unreal Tournament (UT99). I played that game constantly as a kid, so everytime I hear it I get all "yay" inside.

Also, the end of Final Fight is like watching the end of a Rocky movie for me.

The only other time I've ever felt like that about a game was probably at the end of Prey. One of the most moving game I've ever played, and the most underrated.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

There truly aren't words to describe how perfect this game really is. This game should have won ACADEMY AWARDS it is so incredible. Needless to say, there are many powerful moments for me with this game. It really defined my childhood, and I'm sure it even had an effect on who I am today.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:

There truly aren't words to describe how perfect this game really is. This game should have receive ACADEMY AWARDS it is so incredible. Needless to say, there are many powerful moments for me with this game. It really defined my childhood, and I'm sure it even had an effect on who I am today.
Ding!

Raven

Noob
(spoiler alert)

Be sure to put a lot more space in between spoilers. I accidentally read the spoiler regardless of the warning.

Gears 2 when Dom had to kill his wife. Don' remember if I cried or not but if I didnt I came close. Shit is heavy.

wazz

Noob
(spoiler alert)

Be sure to put a lot more space in between spoilers. Last warning with this.

Metal gear solid 1 on ps1 when meryl dies

wazz said:
Metal gear solid 1 on ps1 when meryl dies
i never could fap the circle button fast enough to save Meryl either...........i always got the ending w/ the Dr. guy w/ the glasses.

It's funny how the way the story is for MGS1, that if you don't play it at all you win.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
RollTide8569 said:
i never could fap the circle button fast enough to save Meryl either...........i always got the ending w/ the Dr. guy w/ the glasses.

It's funny how the way the story is for MGS1, that if you don't play it at all you win.
I decided to buy MGS1 off the PSN store a few days ago and see how hard the torture room was. I beat it with such ease now. :)

wazz

Noob
yh mgs1 was really gd on ps1. I remeber i beat the game in one day lol. I started playin in the morning lol

I did get both endings. The bandana and stealth

Bo_DK

Noob
Final Fantasy 7 - I cry on several cutscenes. And alot of the music makes me emotional...

Final Fantasy 8 - Always cry during the love scene. Backed up by the sentimental song.

Final Fantasy 10 - Very emotional during the love scene and bursting into tears during the ending.

Final Fantasy 12 - Getting emotional during the ending when everything is summed up.

Final Fantasy 13 - I must admit getting emotional during the ending but now i mostly cry at how bad that game really is.

Hmm thats about it. I have no trouble getting emotional in video games but seemes like the final fantasy games are the only onces that actually makes me cry...

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Black ops. When some split screener sits on his claymore in some obscure corner. Killing me with his silenced famas, or sends out a hardline rc xd

deady

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:

There truly aren't words to describe how perfect this game really is. This game should have won ACADEMY AWARDS it is so incredible. Needless to say, there are many powerful moments for me with this game. It really defined my childhood, and I'm sure it even had an effect on who I am today.
I second this. The only game ever that moved me emotionally was OOT, it truly is a masterpiece.