What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
If I could complete a single player tower with Rain or Sindel... I'd give it a go. Until WB starts TALKING.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm still sad to see that this happened lol, and I'm not even a PC player.

I seriously think it was the PC version problems on top of already working on recoding the entire game for rollback. A lot of shit to work on.

I don`t understand one thing.

They worked their asses off for recent months on new netcode (i assume it was WB call), but WB is unable to hire a porting team for PC...

Of course, there is and argument of dead community on PC, BUT going by this road of greed, they should not bother about implementing new netcode to consoles as well, console ppl bought game already. Why they work to the bone on netcode for MKX when community on consoles is ofc. bigger than PC, but still small? They won`t make much profit anyway.

If they planned new netcode for future games, it would be cheaper for them to implement it in future games and leave MKX behind already.

Logic tells me that hiring decent porting team is simpler and cheaper than gathering netcode team to rework whole game. Logic was such a liar.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don`t understand one thing.

They worked their asses off for recent months on new netcode (i assume it was WB call), but WB is unable to hire a porting team for PC...

Of course, there is and argument of dead community on PC, BUT going by this road of greed, they should not bother about implementing new netcode to consoles as well, console ppl bought game already. Why they work to the bone on netcode for MKX when community on consoles is ofc. bigger than PC, but still small? They won`t make much profit anyway.

If they planned new netcode for future games, it would be cheaper for them to implement it in future games and leave MKX behind already.

Logic tells me that hiring decent porting team is simpler and cheaper than gathering netcode team to rework whole game. Logic was such a liar.
That's not how things work also your logic is flawed.

NRS has like 300+ employees, GGPO was in the works for months now, they just delegated 10-20 people to the task and thats it, everybody else are working on IGAU2 now for almost a year. There was no real downside to delegate small team to work on GGPO which by the way gonna be used in IGAU2 for sure too.

Now porting this to PC would req. them to hire or make a contract to do so with another company like HVS/QLOCK which would cost them quite a penny as usual. So they simply decided against it, since that was not worth the money for them. Simple as that.

I'm still sad to see that this happened lol, and I'm not even a PC player.

I seriously think it was the PC version problems on top of already working on recoding the entire game for rollback. A lot of shit to work on.
Outside of the rollback netcode though, I don't see what crazy reworking would need to be done for the new characters, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'd assume basic balance patches would be the easiest thing to do though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Outside of the rollback netcode though, I don't see what crazy reworking would need to be done for the new characters, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'd assume basic balance patches would be the easiest thing to do though.
It's the reworking on top of the existing PC issues. There's likely way less people working on MKX right now, so it could just be too time consuming overall for the deadlines they want to have.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was in "acceptance" right from Tyler's first post, simply because it is what it is and I can't change it. I am still hoping the PC version at least gets basic balance patches, but we'll see.
Come to the dark side...

It's the reworking on top of the existing PC issues. There's likely way less people working on MKX right now, so it could just be too time consuming overall for the deadlines they want to have.
I suppose, except outside of the poor frame rate in the Klassic Ladder endings, I actually can't think of any PC-specific issues to be honest.

The version is in great shape at the moment.

Come to the dark side...
I actually might pick up an Xbox One down the road, but likely not for about a year. I'm not an anti-console person at all and went back to console gaming in 2004 and pretty much stuck with it until 2015. With the announcement that Mortal Kombat X was launching on PC, and the lack of exclusives to interest me on consoles, it didn't make sense to buy one.

Also the constant trying to ram Kinect down my throat and the lack of backwards compatibility on the Xbox One was a turn off at the time, and the near abandonment of the PlayStation Vita (which I own and enjoyed) showed me the kind of long term support Sony gives and pretty much nixed any thought of a PlayStation 4.

Typically, for me to pick up a console, I need at least three titles for it that interest me that I can't get on any platform I currently own. So far for Xbox One, that's Halo 5: Guardians. For PlayStation 4, I guess that's God of War III: Remastered...

Reactions: GAV

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I actually might pick up an Xbox One down the road, but likely not for about a year. I'm not an anti-console person at all and went back to console gaming in 2004 and pretty much stuck with it until 2015. With the announcement that Mortal Kombat X was launching on PC, and the lack of exclusives to interest me on consoles, it didn't make sense to buy one.

Also the constant trying to ram Kinect down my throat and the lack of backwards compatibility on the Xbox One was a turn off at the time, and the near abandonment of the PlayStation Vita (which I own and enjoyed) showed me the kind of long term support Sony gives and pretty much nixed any thought of a PlayStation 4.

Typically, for me to pick up a console, I need at least three titles for it that interest me that I can't get on any platform I currently own. So far for Xbox One, that's Halo 5: Guardians. For PlayStation 4, I guess that's God of War III: Remastered...
Yea, I'll sell you my XB1 right now without the controller if you give me a good bid. fuck this.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

No SFV???

SFV got me to buy it, but Dark Souls and Guilty Gear have been worthwhile distractions in the meantime.

No SFV???

SFV got me to buy it, but Dark Souls and Guilty Gear have been worthwhile distractions in the meantime.
No, I don't like/don't support Capcom and haven't since the Street Fighter arcade days.

All three of those franchises are available on PC though, so they also don't fit my minimum 3 game thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.