What's new

Fun Thread: how well do we know our community?

Let's predict the future: who will community cry NERF first?

• Cassie Cage

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Ermac

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Kano

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Goro

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Jaqueline Briggs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Cage

• Kitana

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Kung Jin

• Kung Lao

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • Mileena

• Quan Chi

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Raiden

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Takashi Takeda

• A character not yet listed..

• None-all characters will be balanced

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

I don't even know why everyone hates on Kung Lao. Sure he was good in MK9 but he still had like 4-5 losing matchups and didn't body too many characters besides like Sheeva and Stryker and Kano lol
Ohhhh, a whole 4-5 losing MUs out of how many characters in the roster? He was still dumb as shit and you know it. :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I must not being seeing the Kung Lao thing. He just looks like an updated MK9 Lao with some changes in variations for MKX. In MK9 he clearly wasn't as ridiculous to fight against as Kabal, Cyrax, and Kenshi. He looks no more "OP" than Kitana or Reptile or Scorpion from what we've seen at this point. The casuals are most likely to cry about Kenshi and Ermac before they do Lao.

Don't see it. Starting to think this site is just prejudice against Shaolin Monks! :coffee:

E

Eldriken

I must not being seeing the Kung Lao thing. He just looks like an updated MK9 Lao with some changes in variations for MKX. In MK9 he clearly wasn't as ridiculous to fight against as Kabal, Cyrax, and Kenshi. He looks no more "OP" than Kitana or Reptile or Scorpion from what we've seen at this point. The casuals are most likely to cry about Kenshi and Ermac before they do Lao.

Don't see it. Starting to think this site is just prejudice against Shaolin Monks! :coffee:
Did you not see vanilla Kung Lao? That dude was a broken mess in MK9.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Did you not see vanilla Kung Lao? That dude was a broken mess in MK9.
A lot of chars were broken in vanilla though, including Lao. The game lasted a lot longer than it's vanilla stage yet I would still hear people complain more about Lao than they would Cyrax and Kabal which I just couldn't understand. People complaining about Lao already based on what they have seen yet 2-3 characters already "appear" to have strong tools and movesets in this game.

The ever hated on Perfect Legend dominated so much Evo that it caused permanent irreparable salt on Kung Lao's name to the point where people are just looking to complain about him now. Salivating at the mere thought of complaining about Lao. This is my theory.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Raiden... because having a telelport that actually doesnt hit you is too hard to fight against....

but also Kenshi, Kitana and Lao will cause too many nerf tears...

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I don't even know why everyone hates on Kung Lao. Sure he was good in MK9 but he still had like 4-5 losing matchups and didn't body too many characters besides like Sheeva and Stryker and Kano lol
You're looking at things too much from the "highest level of play". A new player can pick up kung lao and become more of a threat with less knowledge and practice time than with other characters. If you don't know the matchup really well you are fucked. And he doesn't have the execution barrier that Kabal does.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I dont really have a problem with Kung Lao from MK9....it was Cyrax that I hated. I rather face 7 Kabals than fucking Cyrax.

As for MKX, I voted Kung Lao because of what I've seen so far. Of course, it's too early to tell but meh, it's fun

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I would even put money on people complaining about Scorpion within the first week of release. And I will go a step further and say the #1 complaint will be about his teleport. Quote me on this.

Raiden... because having a telelport that actually doesnt hit you is too hard to fight against......
Scorpion has his empty teleport back from UMK3... the tears will be glorious!

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Up until this point Kenshi Jr.. 0 votes..
After today's stream.. Willing to be the will surpass Kung Lao.. Hahahaha