What's new

Fun Thread: how well do we know our community?

Let's predict the future: who will community cry NERF first?

• Cassie Cage

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Ermac

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Kano

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Goro

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Jaqueline Briggs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Cage

• Kitana

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Kung Jin

• Kung Lao

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • Mileena

• Quan Chi

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Raiden

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Takashi Takeda

• A character not yet listed..

• None-all characters will be balanced

• Total voters

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Probably Lao or reptile, Lao has all the same bullshit he had in 9 plus crazy variations. And noxious reptile.... Ex gas + ex spit in the corner you're fucked and even when he's being attacked you take damage lol.
On another note ermac looks normalized af he has the slowest walk Speed so far ;)
I just... It's....

Reptile OP!!!
I just...
It's....

Kung Lao on the other hand... Bravo

SLy

Noob
Its going to start off with people Variation comparing. "Why are all 3 my variations not good like x , y, and z. My character needs Buffs!"

The amount of hate the Kung Lao community is going to potentially deal with might be immense lol.

I'm saving these threads, I can't wait to blow people up when they end up looking hella dumb 6 months from now. People aren't giving NRS any credit for balancing things, like they haven't learned their lesson after 2 consecutive major fighting games, nah they're just gonna go and make super broke OP characters across the board. To speculate that "so and so" is already broken is literally retarded. The only person that I would give merit on these types of discussions would be 16bit because he's actually played the game lol

Eminent

Forum Lurker
The casual audience loves Scorpion so I doubt they will be trying to get him nerfed. Kung Lao on the other hand has a lot of leftover hate from MK9 and he looks pretty good so far.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well after day1 Kung Lao and day1 Aquaman and MMH how can one have any credits left to give NRS for balancing?

P.s. Also Displacer Raiden is broken.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
People aren't giving NRS any credit for balancing things, like they haven't learned their lesson after 2 consecutive major fighting games, nah they're just gonna go and make super broke OP characters across the board.
Super broke OP character across the board is kinda okay-ish. Just 5 or so of them - not so much :p

Jokes aside, NRS may have learned a lot, but they still won't be given opportunity and/or incentive to polish the balance later in the game than 6-8 months I'm afraid. Considering that MKX isn't exactly UMK9 or IGAU1.5AE or something, that means that balance decisions will be made long before the game is figured out... again.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm calline dvorah since she seems to have a lot of zoning tools and as we all know, those are the characters that a majority of online players bitch about.

Reactions: SLy

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I'm saving these threads, I can't wait to blow people up when they end up looking hella dumb 6 months from now. People aren't giving NRS any credit for balancing things, like they haven't learned their lesson after 2 consecutive major fighting games, nah they're just gonna go and make super broke OP characters across the board. To speculate that "so and so" is already broken is literally retarded. The only person that I would give merit on these types of discussions would be 16bit because he's actually played the game lol
Hah!

Kung lao for 2 reasons:

1. People are already looking to hate him.

2. He looks "easy enough" to play that even though we'll all know that the meta isn't so shallow that it can be figured out in a week, the screams will fly.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As suprised as I am to say this; I believe the TRUE community (been around on tym for a few years) will hold off on calling for nerfs for a while.

We have had two tournament worthy games that have been racked with knee jerk patches and there is an overwhelming majority concensus from veteran TYM members that only broken mechanics should be patched early.

Now that being said, the other 90% of the community that I will hence forth refer to as "randscum" will cry for nerfs for ANY character that has:

1. Strong projectiles
2. Frame traps
3. If their name rhymes with Rung Roa.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just hope the game doesn't have any stupid nonsense that has to be patched early on. I hope the game can live and evolve over a long period of time before any final decisions are made. I also hope that the game gets post launch support for more than 6 months unlike mk9 and injustice.

I am surprised at all the KL nerfs! He looks very good, but I can guarantee, unless someone else comes out next with powerful variations, Reptile will be the go to character to complain about. He will then get nerfed to such a degree where by his toxic trait will be useless, such as blocking will not cause you to lose damage or something.

I intend to play Reptile first.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I don't even know why everyone hates on Kung Lao. Sure he was good in MK9 but he still had like 4-5 losing matchups and didn't body too many characters besides like Sheeva and Stryker and Kano lol