What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
NRS, this is messed up. You just neutered Kano by not only taking away what you gave him in the patch, but also adding a damage drain onto a move which existed for the sole purpose of giving Kano good damage without the drain for the cost of a bar.

This should be a temporary fix, but the notes don't say that. So basically you guys just don't care about parity unless it's with your dlc characters

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
They took away boneshapers vortex but made it so he's a better zoner...when will they reasonably need him busy reducing the hitbox on hellsparks,making it more unsafe and making most of his specials have more recovery on whiff...this character is still too quick and safe +top 5 zoning

"HEY KANO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING GOOD!"

"Nope.. sike.. just for a day.. jk lolol."

Good to see they fixed the run cancelling stuff right away, and Tanya's stupid throw.

XxDark_

Noob
so is it just me. but AA seems to be a thing now after the patch(a lot more consistent anyways). jumping constantly trying to land a JIP. or cross up out the corner is over. Please attempt to jump at or over me!..ill wait

And? She doesn;t really have mixup so her having the really high damage made up for that & created an interesting niche for her.
I agree with this. I am not playing her. But she doesnt have overhead not mixups. But once she gets to do damage, she does a lot. So I found that to be balanced. I didnt try this, but if her damage is reduced by a lot, now she is more similar to any other character.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Is the hotfix supposed to be out yet?

Quans double spell chip remains the same for me. I'm still getting the 100% combo and double chip etc.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Can we now salute the top tier that is Sun God? With universal character and variation specific buffs he's awesome. Also, why did he need that new move?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ Pig knows he stands no chance of winning anything without an S tier character. I would be willing to bet that an actual good player like DJT or fox could win a tournament with Kenshi
Yea for a second there I forgot when I also played a top character vs a top player w a top character I was 15-0 in tournament against.

Mk9 vs djt cyrax Lao
Injustice Zod vs djt Aquaman and DD

Yea it's probably just me though

Sorry if you're too stupid to realize how shit this character is

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So nrs nerfed dragon fire liu kang to the ground after a posted vid of an old ass day 2 fake block infinite.

Instead of finding ways around it like you're supposed to in a fighting game, lets bitch about it and nerf it to the ground.

Sadly, this just might happen because in NRS eyes, if you don't place top 8, your opinion means nothing to them.

NRS games reminds me a lot of david sirlins version of st:hdr. He took his ideas of balance and feedback based on "top players" and no one else. Now whos still plays that inferior version? This is what NRS games are like.
Instead everyone knows to listen to GENEI JIN because ......GENEI JIN

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Even after the hotfix, Jax can no lomger connect the second F21 in his F21xxEX DDP RC F21, 11, F21 BnB. Just putting it out there.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Look guys, I understand. NRS waited forever to release this patch. The storm has been brewing on the horizon for a while now. Lots of changes were made, some good for characters, others bad. I get it.

But seriously, can we all just take a second to calm the fu** down???

Seriously, its been less then 72 hours since the patch hit. and less then 24 hours since the hotfix. That's simply not enough time to warrant all the widespread panic. I'm seeing phrases like "this character got castrated", or "I'm done with this character" after less then 1 DAY playing them in there new state.

Breathe. Relax. Let's be high level players and you know, actually do some complete testing and oh idk, grind out some match ups before we just jump to such drastic conclusions. At least give it a week, damn.

Jolt

Uprise
I agree. A lot of people are looking at their characters INDIVIDUALLY and not the shifted picture of the entire game. For example: Kitana's damage nerf. EVERY character that was in a good position (Minus Quan Chi maybe?) received a damage nerf. Mileena didn't get a whole lot individually, but a lot of the cast got shifted. We have to ultimately just wait and see. I think the patch honestly will have done more good than harm for the big picture.