What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
@WidowPuppy already told us about BF4 and the CTE they used to improve their netcode and overall online experience.

They just don't care. Period.

They lied before the game was released, they lied during the first few weeks, they decided to go silent very quickly after that.

But.

They get very very loud when it comes to selling Tremor or any DLC garbage they have to sell.

Just boycott COMPLETELY their next game unless netcode is flawless.

Seems that only that will force them to care about this problem.

Shaming them could work too, but hey, people prefer "straight to garbage" petitions over things that could ACTUALLY work ...

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
Yea for a second there I forgot when I also played a top character vs a top player w a top character I was 15-0 in tournament against.

Mk9 vs djt cyrax Lao
Injustice Zod vs djt Aquaman and DD

Yea it's probably just me though

Sorry if you're too stupid to realize how shit this character is
Stop blaming your character and level up. Your a grown man, stop crying.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Stop blaming your character and level up. Your a grown man, stop crying.
I don't need advice from a scrub, I know what my character is capable of and the consistent struggles he had across the board. There's a reason no one uses him or mains him. He's not worth it at all. He's great at 1-3 mus that's it

Someone like myself would which is why I speak about my character. I'm not gonna lie and say "he's fine guys he's great, game on"

Nothing you have ever offered or said has mattered because the worth behind it carries no merit or accolades

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
I don't need advice from a scrub, I know what my character is capable of and the consistent struggles he had across the board. There's a reason no one uses him or mains him. He's not worth it at all. He's great at 1-3 mus that's it

Someone like myself would which is why I speak about my character. I'm not gonna lie and say "he's fine guys he's great, game on"

Nothing you have ever offered or said has mattered because the worth behind it carries no merit or accolades
Shhhh its going to be ok. Just go practice

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Shhhh its going to be ok. Just got practice
Can't practice against when a character guesses wrong he's + on block and forces to guess again

If you can't see the disparity between the low and top then you're just a dumb kid and explains why no one has heard of you

Pig Of The Hut

and at the same time complaining how broken those top 12 characters are.

you went over to the shinnok forums, requested one of his tools be nerfed to hell because kenshi doesn't have the same tool.
Yea you're dumb I'm done here

*blocked due to dumb

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
"Kano (CutThroat) – Slightly decreased the dam buff on Charge Up and it no longer nullifies the health drain"

With this and the fact he lost the armor to EX buff.... I think I'll play Cutthroat less than I did before the patch, which is to say I won't touch this variation ever again.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Another hotfix was released at around 6:30 PM (9/2/15). It not only fixes the issues with Jax's BnB's, including inconsistent bounces and problems with small hitbox characters, it also allows him to combo off of starters he was previously unable too. Nice.

I suppose this makes up for the stealth nerf of Gotcha Grab.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've always had incredibly high respect for @Pig Of The Hut for three main reasons.

1) He sparked my interest into MK9 with his Kenshi, and in turn lead me to the NRS scene.

2) His amazing skill from grinding MU's and understanding of the game and it's characters.

3) His forthcoming character to not play the "politically correct" card like some reps do, due to being a top player who doesn't want to say anything negative about his character or the game. He always tells it exactly how it is, good or bad all the way from MK9 to Inj to MKX.

Much respect man. Wish more of the character reps were like you.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
well i have no respect for cry babies
Lol I feel you, but you gotta think about it from his perspective. If you were sacrificing hours of your free time away from family, money, important things like this to play the game competitively, and then you have people with the power to make a viable character out of the one you play but instead they decide buffing, Cassie, QC, Erron, Lao, and D'Vorah is more important, then you'd probably have some salt brewing. I know how I felt/feel with the Kano "buff" debacle in Cutthroat so I can imagine how he would feel.

Lol I feel you, but you gotta think about it from his perspective. If you were sacrificing hours of your free time away from family, money, important things like this to play the game competitively, and then you have people with the power to make a viable character out of the one you play but instead they decide buffing, Cassie, QC, Erron, Lao, and D'Vorah is more important, then you'd probably have some salt brewing. I know how I felt/feel with the Kano "buff" debacle in Cutthroat so I can imagine how he would feel.
Well most of us that plays this game have invested a good amount of time in the game too. Voluntarily so. However, not all of us have the money or time to travel competitively. The thing that irks me is that so called "top" players think they know everything about the game and not giving anyone else respect. Most techs and combos aren't discovered by top players, they are discovered by people putting in time and effort in this game.

I can understand the salt and I think theres too many patches. However, crying and demanding other characters tools to be nerfed to hell just because your character doesn't have the same tools just makes you look like a cry baby.

The fuck. Pig isn't kenshi. If all the whining in the world didn't move Paolo to change the game in the way he wanted, then its time to level up, character switch (E.g., Daigo switch to evil ryu), or be resigned to being in the mid-card for the present (E.g. Momochi who stuck with Ken through AE2012, but got rewarded after Ultra was released).

Top players pick characters whom they can play at a the highest level. That's the reality. Pig is just showing that he doesn't want, or have whatever it takes to be top in this game. That's too bad for him, but lets not pretend that everyone should feel sorry for him, or even tolerate his incessant whining or nasty habit of starting shit in character forums.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well most of us that plays this game have invested a good amount of time in the game too. Voluntarily so. However, not all of us have the money or time to travel competitively. The thing that irks me is that so called "top" players think they know everything about the game and not giving anyone else respect. Most techs and combos aren't discovered by top players, they are discovered by people putting in time and effort in this game.

I can understand the salt and I think theres too many patches. However, crying and demanding other characters tools to be nerfed to hell just because your character doesn't have the same tools just makes you look like a cry baby.
True I've seen that before from some players who throw the "well I'm better than you" card as if it means they automatically know more about everything. It'd be like saying since Jordan was the best player ever he would be the best scout or coach because he knows the game. We saw how that turned out. Personally, I've gotten along well with Pig and even when we disagreed in the past it was always civil and he treated me with respect so I can't speak on him doing things like that. I think he's just passionate about the character and the game, and the overall denial of what he's saying from people probably gets to him sometimes. Every situation is different but this far along he's probably more frustrated than I am, which is likely at extreme levels.

In MKX, I've come to terms that the game is a mess, a mess on purpose. There are a few characters who play a different inferior game because they have none of these ridiculous tools that half the roster has. The fact that someone thought "buffing" Telefurry to be -43 instead of -53 on whiff should be seen as an insult, almost a direct shot at the community. I don't think he's saying he wants top tiers nerfed out of "being a hater", I think it's because the game would be 100x better if Lao wasn't +12 on hats, Erron wasn't +7 on grenade into 50/50's or 211, Predator wasn't eating lifebars, QC wasn't +14 forcing you into multiple guesses for your life, etc. It's like these characters are top tier because they are so stupid in design, not because they apply technical mind games. I also think bringing the top half down would make a better game, but I don't think its gonna happen so I push for the bottom to go up. I respect other players and I'm happy they have their characters either top tier or buffed, I just want mine to get the same love damn near everyone else already got and I'm sure he feels the same.

I agree about the time though. I've got over a decade of FG exp, and will never be as good in MK as I am in Tekken, but I have a strong understanding of fighters and I feel I know what's going on more than most. Vice versa, I have seen amazing players have no idea what they're talking about lol. The best solution would be everyone to treat each other with respect until someone says something insane like "just block low against Lao" or something.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The fuck. Pig isn't kenshi. If all the whining in the world didn't move Paolo to change the game in the way he wanted, then its time to level up, character switch (E.g., Daigo switch to evil ryu), or be resigned to being in the mid-card for the present (E.g. Momochi who stuck with Ken through AE2012, but got rewarded after Ultra was released).

Top players pick characters whom they can play at a the highest level. That's the reality. Pig is just showing that he doesn't want, or have whatever it takes to be top in this game. That's too bad for him, but lets not pretend that everyone should feel sorry for him, or even tolerate his incessant whining or nasty habit of starting shit in character forums.
Perspective. If a player of his caliber tells me Kenshi sucks, I find him credible enough to check it out. I didn't believe it at first, but it took all of 15 minutes to see how bad Kenshi was a while back. The mid tier talk needs to die. He is probably Bottom 3 at best in this game post patch. No idea why he didn't get buffed, and I don't wanna speculate, but it just seems off that he didn't get anything to keep up while getting telefurry "buffed" to -43.

Also, not everyone can just switch characters. I've had trouble finding a suitable character, and none of the top tiers do it for me. If Jacqui gets nerfed somehow that would likely be all she wrote for me. Not everyone can be King lol.

Now if he shows up in your character forum talking shit, then by all means fire shots. I'd do it to anyone talking about how good Kano got from this shitty fail buff so I hear ya. But take them when he fires back as well.

Anyways, this thread is getting too off topic and its 3:45am here lol.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I've thought Balanced kenshi is ass for some time (sucks up close, risk reward on full screen zoning is hilariously unfavourable against someone who actually knows the matchup), but I still think possessed and kenjutsu are viable (by that I mean mid tier, have to work harder than top tiers but can deal with most situations). Guessing games aren't as good as many other characters but there aren't many situations where they are completely out of options.

@Pig Of The Hut Do Kenjutsu and Possessed have match ups worse than 4-6? You know the character way better so maybe I'm missing something.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I can do nothing but agree with Pig. I mean, I love to play Kano but both of his 50/50 options in Cutthroat are completely safe, and I don't think safe 50/50s should be a thing for any character. Sorry, but that shit is broke.

Meanwhile, Balanced Kenshi can't throw his "High Only" projectile from 3/4 screen without getting a full combo punish. It's fucked up.

[edit] I'd love nothing more than to see Pig travel to events, because I think he's great for the scene and I'd personally like to meet him. But I totally understand his reasoning.

"Just pick a different character, lol" is dumb. Character loyalists are a thing.

Gamer68

Fujin!
  • Tremor stream: "Well, that's it for Kombat Pack 1" < Hinting at more DLC
  • Patch stream: "You will want to pay attention to your social media accounts for more information about the future of MK" < Hinting at more DLC
  • Ed Boon Day 1: *posts pic of moon* < Hinting at more DLC, The Pit stage that was leaked in the game's coding.
  • Ed Boon Day 2: *post pic of The Pit* < Basically confirmation that The Pit is coming to MKX.
  • Ed Boon Day 3: *posts pic of 4 shadowy figures AND says "Tomorrow"* < Basically confirmation that 4 more DLC characters are happening -- probably KP2, and teases a big announcement for tomorrow (today).
  • OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! COME CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE!!
Seriously? This is the announcement? After weeks of waiting and 3 days of major teases, THIS is the announcement? The announcement is a very short press release from Warner Bros.? Over half of that press release isn't even relevant, this is literally the announcement:

"Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed that NetherRealm Studios is developing new downloadable content (DLC) for Mortal Kombat X, the best-selling game of 2015 to-date according to US NPD. The new content will include four new playable characters, skins and a new environment, all of which will be available in the first half of 2016."

WOW! I totally didn't see that one coming! I mean, seriously? We already knew this was coming! Ed basically confirmed a new stage and 4 characters yesterday on Twitter, and if that's coming we can assume we are getting more skins too. This "announcement" is basically like:

"Hey! You know that stuff we teased yesterday? Yeah? Well guess what, it's OFFICIAL! woooooooooo!!"

I mean, come on... The teasers confirmed more stuff and had more impact than this. Yesterday, when I saw the image of the silhouettes I was super hyped. I felt this energy going through my body, I had this big smile on my face, I was thinking -- "This is game isn't going to die yet! We still have content and patches to look forward to! And hey, I wonder what these characters and skins are going to be?"

However, today, I'm sure you can take a guess about how I feel. This is so disappointing, this could have been a HUGE announcement. They could have confirmed the characters, skin packs, and stage(s). They could have even should us Work-In-Progresses like the KP1 trailer. But nope. The announcement is just that "It's official". They didn't even confirm when exactly the DLC was coming/starting, they just said "all of which will be available in the first half of 2016." *sigh*