What's new

FRQ|EMPR|THEO Wins INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US at SoCal Regionals 2014!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure in retired.

If I go to final round, which I should, I'd be down for that NW round robin but I probably wouldn't play in tournament.

What does "retired" mean? Are you saying you are quitting the game? How does one "retire" from a video game? Did you get a 401k? lol I'm just joshin.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i dont know how to say this without sounding rude so ill just say it there was a lot of sloppy play at SCR, still watching the last of top 8 tho congrats to theo he's been a monster, and sajam that guy is just always getting better
and whiteboi, as much as i hate doomsday he was just on point

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
What does "retired" mean? Are you saying you are quitting the game? How does one "retire" from a video game? Did you get a 401k? lol I'm just joshin.
I really want that 401k ;(.

I'll continue to support injustice and put out tech, help anybody I can, I just don't like competing in injustice at a high level. If I have to pick a separate character to win it's not worth it to me.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I really want that 401k ;(.

I'll continue to support injustice and put out tech, help anybody I can, I just don't like competing in injustice at a high level. If I have to pick a separate character to win it's not worth it to me.

That I understand. Good luck.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Congrats Theo! very smart play.

Am I the only one that wonders how the tourney would have played out if some guys had went for max damage instead of constant set ups that ended up not working at every round turn?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Haven't seen the stream yet, but why in the world did King use Batman vs Theo instead of Wonder Woman?
My thought is that Theo probably knows the Wowo MU since he plays Filipino Man, and King probably knew the Batman - AQ mu better then the WoWo - AQ mu.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can't be mad. Both guys I had to possibly take it made top 3.

Good shit @EMPEROR_THEO. It's gonna be exciting to see you at EVO this year.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Haven't seen the stream yet, but why in the world did King use Batman vs Theo instead of Wonder Woman?
King's WoWo is good, but I think even he'd admit she's not really tourney-ready.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
West coast has an insane amount of WoWo practice. Filipinoman, slayer, and I all play her often. Would have been a bad idea I think.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Although he was overlooked because he made second, I'd like to say this:

Props and congrats to @Denzell Terry. He seems to get no credit these days, and even when I named him as the biggest Bracket Buster for SCR you heard a lot of "I don't know" and "we haven't seen", etc.

He's probably one of the most downplayed players in this community, but he showed up and really did his thing today. I think all talk of players not being good because they take breaks between tournaments should be extinguished by now.

So here's to DJT -- looking forward to seeing more of you in the future man :D

Last edited:

Glass Sword

Nobody
Good stuff to Theo. I remember playing him back in MK9, a known unknown. He has found his stride and will be a force not to be trifled with from here on out.
Does this mean @AK Pig Of The Hut will have to find a new example when he talks about what Aquaman can do? Now that he is established (well more established). I mean you got to move on to a new Rebello.

DJT and Theo are the only 2 players that I have watched recently with amazing patience and calculated gameplan, honorable mentions are probably ChrisG and Maxter (I miss this guy).

Also does anyone know what the fuck happened to Aris? He won Soul Caliber and got like 7 in Tekken but he was a no show for IGAU? Thought he's bringing BANG BANG back?