What's new

Freaky stuff thread

Every forum needs one of these, bullshit stories, freaky real life shit with an explanation, moron who thought you saw a ghost, let's hear it. These are all in good fun.

I'll kick this off!

First off, the Slenderman saga, if you don't know it, and are up for quasi interesting ARGs hit it up... http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/slender-man starts of slow, takes a while, doesn't make an ounce of sense but creepy none the less. If you haven't played along they released a video every few months, some of the sightings are blatant, others take hours of looking over 5mins of film. None the less it's a bit fun.

Next up, fun,

Next up, stupid and goofy!

Last up personal story!

I was really sick as a kid. Massive allergies to just about everything. This isn't a fun thing to go through. I had to have steroid shots all the time, I was very limited on what I could eat. I got through it by around 9, but imagine the first 9 years of your life deathly ill and with serious problems. It's not very fun. I was always fast and athletic, but at any moment could drop to the ground out of breath, and eating the wrong thing would land me full of shots.

Going to sleep is always a disaster in this sort of situation. When the slightest amount of dust or dander will set you off, you kinda dread it. It's 50/50 if you sleep or wake up in a dead panic, feeling like you're about to die, you can't breath, their is a weight on your chest, and you're so delirious your mind starts to play tricks on you. Fully concious, yet in a dream state, and you can't breath.

Doom and gloom aside I got better. And for years, things were good. Then things got odd. I use the word odd because there is no other way to describe it. I'd wake up, I couldn't move, but I could see things move out of the corner of my eyes. I couldn't yell, I couldn't scream, I couldn't move. It's this odd state of just being in paralysis and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. The more you fight, the more angry, and scared you get.

After a while I start to accept this, it's similar to an allergic attack and it's the light playing tricks on me. All is good. Then something hits home, what's moving, is a shape. And it's always the same shape, and it's always moving closer. This is no longer a shadow in my room, it's a figure at the door. And then I realize, there is something in my bed, and that's why I can't move, and that's why I can't breath, and when I realize that, the shadow is gone from the door and there is something right fucking next to me and I don't like it. And it's why I can't breath.

Wake up, hurl a hay maker and catch nothing but air. But I'm soaked in sweat and something isn't right.

This goes on for years. It's never fun, and I learned to sleep on my side instead of my back. That was always the trigger. I've always slept with the TV an usually the lights on. A function of just passing out while doing home work, or other things. I'd heard that's not good for quality sleep but hey, fuck it.

The thing is, it always got worse. After a while I thought I was just fucking nuts. Logically I eat right up till I sleep and fall asleep with all system running, so I should be used to it. Why is this getting worse. Maybe my brain is misfiring, maybe the allergic attacks as a kid made me prone to panic attacks later in life when I had problems breathing.

I do the adult thing and go to a shrink. Here is the funny part, all that nightmare shit, all in human history, is from something from sleep paralysis. Your brain makes it so you can't move, so when you dream that tiger is about to kill you, you don't sleep stab your pillow to death and jump out the window. The sad part is, you can wake up with your mind half there, and your body unable to move. So you trigger an instant panic attack, freak the fuck out, yet still see odd things because you're mind is pretty much nearly high on acid. It's a 100% sure fire trip to misery, and it's very logical.

So all is good, I swear it off. Knowing what it is removes the odd feeling the terror of it all. So I see that same shadow, whatever. It's closer, who cares. It's on me, who cares. I'm at peace and while there are panics, and I can't breath, this will pass, it always does. As the doctor said "the good news is, you're not insane, this is common and we know what it is".

I saw that shadow one last time, I haven't seen it since. It was at the door, to the edge of the bed, and then in the bed. I could breath better than ever, no fuss, no problems. And then my eyes open and I can roughly make out a face, it's not all there, but it's what it's always been, and I know this, and I hear in my head "the good news is, you're not insane, the bad news is, we are real".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Paralysis

enjoy!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No one's going to believe this story, but I'm gonna tell it anyway.

I was 4. And I had a sippy cup. It was about 7 in the morning, my parents were both still asleep, but I was wide awake and bored, so I sat between them in bed, and pondered whether I wanted to play Super Mario Bros 3 or watch cartoons. Normal morning. Normal me. Sipping my sippy cup.
I heard a train go by and decided I was gonna ask dad to take me for a train ride - we lived right next to the start of the 4 Train in the Bronx, and rode subways religiously, as my dad was a comic collector and had all number of spots he frequented - but didn't wanna be a dick and wake him up, so I waited. Patiently. Sipping my sippy cup.
I laid down and stared at the dot patterns in the ceiling, waiting for him to stir. Sip sip.

Now, this is where things get weird, and where most of you who read this dismiss me as a loon, but I swear on all that is good in this world, I was wide awake, lucid, healthy and undrugged when this happened, I promise you...

In a poof not unlike Human Cyrax's teleport, floating against the ceiling, appeared Michigan J. Frog.
You remember - the frog from the Looney Tunes, who would remain a normal, quiet, glum-looking from in front of people or groups, but when left alone with whoever he was accompanying, would break out his hat and cane and break into showtunes, only to return to normal frog status the minute others entered the room. Michigan J. Frog. Floating above my head. He waved at me. I stopped sipping and sat the cup on the bed. I was too stunned to motion either mom or dad to wake up. I just stared at the frog.
And in a lightning-fast motion, the little green fuck shot out his tounge, TOOK MY FUCKING FAVORITE SIPPY CUP, and disappeared. Gone. Poof.
I swear. To God. To whoever you pray to. Awake, unmedicated, not sick, not insane, normal. I saw it. Away went the cup.
Needless to say, when I snapped out of it and finally woke mommy and daddy dearest to flip the fuck out about what had just taken place, neither of them - nor anyone else I've ever told this story to who wasn't terribly innebriated - believed a word I said about it, and went on with their days as though their only son hadn't just had his morning beverage stolen out of thin air by a schizophrenic amphibian cartoon from the 60's.
But to this day, and as long as I live, I will NEVER forget the day that Michigan stole my cup.

I never found it. Neither did either of them. It went from right in front of me to gone without a trace.
And once again, I promise you on Cyrax's cybernetically altered soul, it wasn't a dream or a hallucination - I was there.

Explain THAT, if you will, my friends...

Error

DF2+R2
I'm pretty sure I've experienced this whole sleep paralysis at least once when I was younger. It was pretty freaky, good to know you're not insane, just targeted by shadow ninjas.

Sweet jesus do I hate sleep paralysis. I've had it enough times where whenever I get another I'm like "oh great looks like I'm in sleep paralysis again". Worst part is it lasts like a couple seconds but feels like an eternity. Fuck man. And sleeping on your side does not help, not for me at least. Haven't had one in a while, and I don't get them often. I think it's cuz I like to eat before I sleep, so I try not to do that now. Also fucked up sleeping patterns and shit but you know how young people like to sleep whenever.

To the guy with the frog story, you're crazy.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Hmm; i suppose i've had my fair share of odd (perhaps "paranormal"?) experiences. The following is perhaps the one that jolted me the most:

My family was visiting relatives for the Christmas holidays. We had decided to sleep over at my Aunt/Uncle's house since they had a couple of spare bedrooms since my cousins had left home for college and weren't planning on using them over the time we would be there. Anyway, i was about 7 and my older brother was about 9. The whole family was gathered downstairs around the fireplace sharing stories and such when somehow the talk shifts to the paranormal (odd for Christmas-season discussions). My aunt seemed determined to make us believe that she had been experiencing odd occurences lately within the house (disembodied whispers/creaking sounds/doors swinging slightly on their own) when my mother gave her a wide-eyed glare that seemed to tell my aunt something to the effect of "not now; the children are here". And so the scary paranormal talk ceased and the whole family was back to chattering on jovial things.

The first night went by without incidence and so i had pretty much forgotten about the paranormal occurences my aunt had told us about on our first day there. The second night though was when i had a frightening thing happen. I was fast asleep in my cousin's room; my brother and i had to share the same bed since neither of us wanted to sleep alone on the floor next to the bed. I had trouble sleeping since i was used to being lulled to sleep by the SoCal traffic sounds. I rolled around in the bed, the heavy silence creating a shrill buzzing sound in my ear. There was an old radio-alarm clock on the nightstand and i glimpsed at it; 1:10 a.m. I realized, much to my dismay, that i had to pee. After about half an hour of thinking happy thoughts in order to gather my courage, i decided to make a dash for the bathroom. I stood up from the bed, my brother still asleep facedown, and opened the bedroom door. The house was swamped in a chilling darkness; i guided myself along the wall, knowing that the bathroom door was only a few feet from the bedroom and managed to enter. I shut the bathroom door and flicked on the lights simultaneously so as to not be entrapped in the darkness. After i finished my business, i flicked off the lights and ran back into the room, shut the door and crawled back into the bed, pulling the sheets over my head. I was freaked out, for some inexplicable reason. I felt an eerie sensation and the empty silence only amplified it; i felt like i was being watched, stared at. In the enveloping darkness, i peaked from underneath my covers to my right, where i presumed my brother had been awakened by my noise and was now looking at me. I saw a black mass, a lump. My first instinct was to think that it was my brother's head basked in shadow so i called out his name; no answer. My heart racing, i continued to stare at it; it seemed amorphous now, a writhing blob contrasted by the pale moonlight wisping in through the shaded windows. It wasn't my brother's head; it was something that had crawled on top of his back while he slept and was now aware that i knew it was there. As it seemed to contort, i mindlessly reached out to touch it and to my horror what i felt was a solid mass, cold and bumpy like a stone. At this realization, i saw the mass squirm and writhe away, dropping down perhaps below the bed. My throat had clenched from my immense fear and shock but i eventually managed to scream. My brother awoke and turned on the lights and within a matter of minutes the entire house had been stirred. I recounted my experience to my parents and uncle/aunt; needless to say i refused to sleep in any room within that house for the remainder of our visit.

---That was long lol i have had many other odd occurences like this one but i'll leave those for another day.

Omg ive had that sleep parylasis a couple times too i had a really bad one once
i was falling asleep and i just saw alot bright flashes and loud buzzing noises and i couldnt move, i was scared and tried screaming but i couldnt :(
when it was over i ran out of my room crying lol i was that scared.I tried telling myself it was it dream but it felt so real.
I havent had one since that one though.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
these stories, real or not, are incredibly interesting to read, bad news is that after watching the first 2 videos, sleeping tonight's gonna be a problem lmao, that face in bedfellows creeped me the fuck out.

if your link is half as eerie as those lyuben, it can get fucked lol

Mr. Rager

Mr. IhaveacrushonBi-Han
Sweet jesus do I hate sleep paralysis. I've had it enough times where whenever I get another I'm like "oh great looks like I'm in sleep paralysis again". Worst part is it lasts like a couple seconds but feels like an eternity. Fuck man. And sleeping on your side does not help, not for me at least. Haven't had one in a while, and I don't get them often. I think it's cuz I like to eat before I sleep, so I try not to do that now. Also fucked up sleeping patterns and shit but you know how young people like to sleep whenever.
Thats what I started doing. pretending the shadows n shit are ninjas ha

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Oh my ... well, here ya go, my friends; and you guys are NOT gonna believe this shit, but I swear EVERY word is true:

Let me preface this by saying I am not at all superstitious. I am a very science-oriented person. I believe everything can be explained by logic and reasoning, and I do think that there is a legit explanation for what I am about to tell you, I just haven't found it yet.

Okay. here goes. I recently graduated med school. I moved back in with my parents when I started my clinical rotations because I had to travel a lot and didn't see the need to hold down a place of my own as I would only be using it 3-5 days per month before packing up and moving to the next student housing center. My parents just bought the house we live in June 2010 (Just before I started rotations).
I moved all my stuff in and put most of it in storage until I can find a job and move out this fall. But, I have a few rooms in the house. It's a pretty large house. I dunno square footage or anything, but it's 2 story. 5 Bedroom, 3 Bath, so ... yeah. Anyway, the room I sleep in is on the ground floor. I also have a den that has a step down 3 steps (affectionately referred to as "The Man Cave", my own bathroom, and a small 5 step stairway that leads up to the kitchen as well as a door that leads out to the garage. I'm not much of a decorator, but I've taken a fancy to old world Hollywood and 40s glam, so I have an oil painting of Marylin Monroe as well as a few generic pictures of cameras, director's chairs, film strips (That sort of thing) hanging on my bedroom wall. I also have one of those large ribbon-boards for putting photos on with lots of photos of my friends and myself.

Here's the good shit:
1) I was sitting in The Man Cave with my brother when I heard this loud bang coming from my bedroom. I open the door and find my Marylin painting lying in the middle of the floor. Assuming it had just fallen off the wall, I hang it back up. I come back out and he and I are sitting here on the couch playing Call of Duty when we hear a shit-ton of noise from my bedroom. He gets up this time and opens my bedroom door, and then looks at me and says "You're not gonna believe this shit." I walk over and look in the room and ALL of the pictures are lying in the floor. I have about 8 total hanging on the wall. It was creepy as fuck, but we put everything back and all was well ... just a weird one-time thing. Until ...

2) I was out of town, so this story was relayed to me by my mother. She was in The Man Cave vacuuming when she noticed the door leading into the garage was open. So, she stops the vacuum and walks over and closes the door. Then goes back to her cleaning, when she notices the door open again. She says she thought "Huh. that's odd" and closed the door again and went back to cleaning again. It opened a third time, and I get cold chills every time I tell this next part: She walks over to the door and closes and locks it, content that the problem is solved. Then, she hears a loud bang like someone had hit the door full force and she says the door buckled a bit ... twice. She ran upstairs and called the neighbors because she thought someone was trying to break in it scared her so badly.

3) This was when shit really started to get creepy for me. I wake up in the middle of the night to hear someone walking up and down the steps ... not walking; Stomping. It was really loud, and from my room, I could tell that's what the sound was. I thought maybe my mom or dad was up and about, but I wondered why they were being so loud, so I come out of my room and from the bottom of the stairs look up to see my parents at the top looking down. They had heard it, too and it had woken them up ... Keep in mind, the three of us are the only ones living in the house.

4) This next one is when I started to think some shit was going on here that I couldn't explain. This was in the middle of summer. There are 3 sets of french doors that open out from the Man Cave to the pool in the back yard. I keep 2 of the 3 doors locked at all times, and really only use the 3rd. That's what makes the next part so strange. I had just come in from a swim and I locked the door behind me (It's bad to come open on it's own if I don't lock it). I headed up the stairs to the kitchen and I made my way back down to the Man Cave with Sandwich and Soda in hand. I literally dropped and broke a glass of Coke when I made it down the stairs and see ALL six doors WIDE-FUCKING-OPEN.

5) This one, I actually have trouble talking about while I sit here lol. I was in The Man Cave playing PS3 as usual when 2 buddies of mine from out of state invited me for video chat. I accept and we're talking about stupid shit when, all of the sudden, one of them says "What is THAT?" and I look up at the TV screen to see a sort of shadow, in the background of my camera feed on the screen. I say something along the lines of "I dunno, but that's kinda creepy, right?". So then, I fill them in on the other weird things that happened. One of my buddies is laughing because he thinks it's some kind of prank, and the other looks legitimately scared. Then, this 'shadow' moves from the background to the foreground and then to the couch beside me. Keep in mind it's ONLY visible on the cam feed and not actually in the room. My friends are freaking out by this point. And this shadow moves over to the couch right beside me and just kinda chills there for a bit. I couldn't move. I just sat there watching the cam feed wondering what this thing was going to do. It was the single scariest moment of my entire life.

leek

Noob
I listened to justin bieber, and every minute(it was like an album, multiple songs) i got a dollar.

I made 4 dollars.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I used to experience sleep paralysis. It was upsetting to me because every time it happened to me I would be facing the pillow and all I could see was a purple skeleton staring at me. I also hated the feeling of trying to move with all my might but being unable to do anything.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
That was like a horror book Magnet. I am impressed.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

Also this.

Not for the faint of heart or for use at night.
Holy fucking shit balls

Zebster said:
I used to experience sleep paralysis. It was upsetting to me because every time it happened to me I would be facing the pillow and all I could see was a purple skeleton staring at me. I also hated the feeling of trying to move with all my might but being unable to do anything.
I have sleep paralysis occasionally, weird shit.

Also, an oldie but a goodie:

Zebster

How's my volume?
That was like a horror book Magnet. I am impressed.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

Also this.

Not for the faint of heart or for use at night.
I guess I'll have to wait until the morning to check it then.

4) This next one is when I started to think some shit was going on here that I couldn't explain. This was in the middle of summer. There are 3 sets of french doors that open out from the Man Cave to the pool in the back yard. I keep 2 of the 3 doors locked at all times, and really only use the 3rd. That's what makes the next part so strange. I had just come in from a swim and I locked the door behind me (It's bad to come open on it's own if I don't lock it). I headed up the stairs to the kitchen and I made my way back down to the Man Cave with Sandwich and Soda in hand. I literally dropped and broke a glass of Coke when I made it down the stairs and see ALL six doors WIDE-FUCKING-OPEN.

5) This one, I actually have trouble talking about while I sit here lol. I was in The Man Cave playing PS3 as usual when 2 buddies of mine from out of state invited me for video chat. I accept and we're talking about stupid shit when, all of the sudden, one of them says "What is THAT?" and I look up at the TV screen to see a sort of shadow, in the background of my camera feed on the screen. I say something along the lines of "I dunno, but that's kinda creepy, right?". So then, I fill them in on the other weird things that happened. One of my buddies is laughing because he thinks it's some kind of prank, and the other looks legitimately scared. Then, this 'shadow' moves from the background to the foreground and then to the couch beside me. Keep in mind it's ONLY visible on the cam feed and not actually in the room. My friends are freaking out by this point. And this shadow moves over to the couch right beside me and just kinda chills there for a bit. I couldn't move. I just sat there watching the cam feed wondering what this thing was going to do. It was the single scariest moment of my entire life.
Damn man, I'm kind of scared just reading that.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I saw a black mass, a lump. My first instinct was to think that it was my brother's head basked in shadow so i called out his name; no answer. My heart racing, i continued to stare at it; it seemed amorphous now, a writhing blob contrasted by the pale moonlight wisping in through the shaded windows. It wasn't my brother's head; it was something that had crawled on top of his back while he slept and was now aware that i knew it was there. As it seemed to contort, i mindlessly reached out to touch it and to my horror what i felt was a solid mass, cold and bumpy like a stone. At this realization, i saw the mass squirm and writhe away, dropping down perhaps below the bed.
I look up at the TV screen to see a sort of shadow, in the background of my camera feed on the screen. I say something along the lines of "I dunno, but that's kinda creepy, right?". So then, I fill them in on the other weird things that happened. One of my buddies is laughing because he thinks it's some kind of prank, and the other looks legitimately scared. Then, this 'shadow' moves from the background to the foreground and then to the couch beside me. Keep in mind it's ONLY visible on the cam feed and not actually in the room. My friends are freaking out by this point. And this shadow moves over to the couch right beside me and just kinda chills there for a bit. I couldn't move. I just sat there watching the cam feed wondering what this thing was going to do. It was the single scariest moment of my entire life.
Sounds like Noob Saibot is playing some pranks on you people.

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
When I was in the Army, I was stationed at Fort McNair. McNair is an old post. Est. in 1790 its been everything from a prison to an armory. It was the location where they tried, convicted, executed and buried the conspirators who were alleged to murder President Lincoln. The post was also invaded by the British in the War of 1812. So not a lot of pleasent things happened at this post. Wierd things would happen in our barracks all the time. People would here doors slamming and their would be nobody there. One of my friends girlfriends saw a face starring down at her while she was walking up the stair case. I heard something pacing in my room back and forth one night as I layed in my bed. I got up and turned the light on and check the hallway and there was no one out there. I layed back down and turned the light off and the pacing stopped.
One night my friend called me and invited me out to party in DC and I declined, telling him that if he needed a place to stay I would leave my door unlocked and he could sleep on my couch. I told him he did not need to wake me when he came in and that there would be a sleeping bag on the couch for him. He thanked me for my hospitality and hung up the phone. At about 0130 AM, I was asleep, laying on my left side, when I was awoken by a sensation of someone shaking or pushing me down into my mattress. I opened my ass and saw a person standing 3 feet away from me, right hand on his hip, left hand leaning against my cabinet. I thought it was my friend and I said, "Yo man, told you not to wake me up." It didn't say anything, but continued to look at me. I then focused in on it a little more and saw that he was wearing a civil war era military uniform with a cavalry hat on and long horse riding gloves and my lamp adjacent to my cabinet appeared to be going right through him. I freaked out, sat up in my bed and turned the light on. When I looked back where this apparition was, there was noone there. Needless to say I slept with the light on that night.
I've seen and heard shit at Ft. McNair that will make anyone a believer. Shadows, apparitions, sounds; etc... It wasn't Ft. McNair that was fucked up either. Ft. Myer which is about 5 miles away in Arlington, VA (boarders Arlington National Cemetery) is just as fucked up. Some of our MP working dogs wouldn't even go into some buildings at Ft. Myer. They would get through the threshold of the door and either start to whimper and plant their paws on the ground and refuse to go any further or they would flip the fuck out, growling, snarling and barking at some sort of invisible entity. Weird shit. Heard some pretty weird stories from some of the guys that guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in ANC, also. But those are for another time.