What's new

FRAME DATA FOR DASHES

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
we need to see the distance in comparision to see how usefull they are:

Flash probably has the best forward dash in the game, along with batgirl and Aquaman, Arrow's forward dash is also very good though his backdash is crap.

Batman probably has the best backdash in the game, so just record all backdashes and forward dashes from the same spot, then on video edit, compare both dashes to see the distance traveled.
Eghhhhh.... don't mean to burst your bubble but...
Distance/recovery wise, Bane has the best dashes probably... when not in debuff.
15f to cover literally half of the screen, being able to cancel at the 11 and 13 frame marks
Backdash being about 1.3x the distance of Batman's with about 1.5x the amount of invuln frames, being slightly slower but giving better benefit, and so on.

The only thing is Bane's only use for backdashing is to preserve a lifelead or get away in debuff (where his dashes lose effectiveness) so its kinda moot for Bane to have good backdashes in regular barring certain MUs.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Some of these don't feel right. Not exactly sure or maybe not understanding how this was tested, but wouldn't doing a dash into a special move be better since they are easier to buffer out of a dash than a normal? Wouldn't dashing and then simply holding down to crouch be the fail safe way to test?
What we should do is get a move that's about -15 on block, block it, then dash up and neutral jump, while the attacker neutral jumps immediately after they recover from their attack. If the dasher leaves the ground first, the dash is faster than 15 frames. then you test on a -10 move, then a -13 move...etc.

Repeat the process for the back dash using moves that are in the -25 to -35 range.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Weird, I've done my own dash testing and I have it for 15/30.
I know 2 frames shouldn't make a difference, but I swear my number is right by my testing and I spent a lot of time on it.
Are you doing dash/recover/dash, or dash/dash? Because Bane has faster dashes if you cancel them.
same with grundy

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Isn't it for every character ever? I think everyone has at least 1 cancel point for his dashes.
i didnt know this at all i thought only grundy had it :confused:
and i only found dat out recently!!

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Hm, 19-20 frames for Doomsday? Doesn't matter. The jump canceling still makes his dash OP. =P

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i didnt know this at all i thought only grundy had it :confused:
and i only found it recently dat out recently!!
Well, Grundy is indeed most obvious (existence of some tech suggests that he can cancel farward dash into forward walk or something lol, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like that). I never thought it can be completely unique.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Just to make it clear. These are accurate but not Precise. There some I know that are right. (Flash) I'll do more testing. It sucks that I don't have a frame data capture card thingy. But this is the best way to do it. And for the get a move thats -whatever and dash and ducks. Its kind of hard and eh time consuming. But I'm not saying it won't work. I'll do jumping either today or tomorrow