What's new

FRAME DATA FOR DASHES

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I just compiled all this together. So hopefully there's no other thread like this.
For fwd dashes, What I did was use moves like iceberg, low whip, and vacuum. Blocked it, dashed up and did a normal. The subtract the start up from the normal from the - frames of the blocked move. Same with back dashes but I used vacuum for all.
I was in a rush so some of these may be wrong but they're pretty close

BTW THESE ARE DURATIONS

Fwd dash/back dash

Lobo 13f / 30f
Flash 14f / 30f
NW 15f / 29-30f
Bane 15f / 30f
Arrows 16f / 28f
Aquaman 16-17f / 30-31f
WoWos 17f / 29f
Scorpion 17f / 29-30f
Superman 17f / 30f
Zod 17f / 31f
Deathstoke 18f / 27f
Batgirl 18f / 28f
Batman 18f / 32f
Black Adam 18f / 33f
MMH 18-19 / 33f
Doomsday 19-20f / 33f
Grundy 20f / 28-29f
Cyborgs 20f / 29-30f
Sinestro 20f / 32f
Shazam 20f / 32-33f
Catwoman 20f / 33f
Zatanna 20-21f / 31f
Hawk girl 20f / 33f
Ares 20f / 35f
Killer frost 20-21f /33-34f
Joker 21f / 32f
Harley 21f / 33f
Raven 23-24f / 33f
Green Lantern 24f / 34-35f
Lex 25f / 36-39f

Last edited:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Some of these don't feel right. Not exactly sure or maybe not understanding how this was tested, but wouldn't doing a dash into a special move be better since they are easier to buffer out of a dash than a normal? Wouldn't dashing and then simply holding down to crouch be the fail safe way to test?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I agree with you that some number don't feel right. But these are the numbers I got.
But the way I did it was. With deathstoke. I blocked ice berg (standing) dashed and did standing 1 And it connected before killer frost could block. So I subtracted 8f frome 26f and i got 18. Its not the best way to grt numbers but its the only way i found to get near accurate numbers
Some of these don't feel right. Not exactly sure or maybe not understanding how this was tested, but wouldn't doing a dash into a special move be better since they are easier to buffer out of a dash than a normal? Wouldn't dashing and then simply holding down to crouch be the fail safe way to test?

KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY

The CreepFather
I've always wanted frame data on dashes and jumps just never knew how to go about actually finding it. Thanks @Laos_boy Just to be clear this is start up frames right? What about recovery frames?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I don't think Lobo's is 17f?
I'm pretty sure its 13f, Lobo's the only character that can dash inbetween Raven's Pillar->Crush trap

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I don't think Lobo's is 17f?
I'm pretty sure its 13f, Lobo's the only character that can dash inbetween Raven's Pillar->Crush trap
See this is where I'm on the edge about this. I know zod and lobo can dash. I'll test again. My execution isn't as great as some. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe ravens piller is -4 ;) (I'm sure I'm wrong)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane 17f / 32f
Weird, I've done my own dash testing and I have it for 15/30.
I know 2 frames shouldn't make a difference, but I swear my number is right by my testing and I spent a lot of time on it.
Are you doing dash/recover/dash, or dash/dash? Because Bane has faster dashes if you cancel them.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I know for a fact my babe dashes are wrong. I was lazy and only tested it using his standing 1 On iceberg. I should used low whip and his other normals
Weird, I've done my own dash testing and I have it for 15/30.
I know 2 frames shouldn't make a difference, but I swear my number is right by my testing and I spent a lot of time on it.
Are you doing dash/recover/dash, or dash/dash? Because Bane has faster dashes if you cancel them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh. Well then let me contribute by correcting the number down by 2 frames on both terms.
17/33 is on level 1 debuff. (10% movement speed debuff)
20/39 is on level 2 debuff (30% movement speed debuff)
31/48 is on level 3 debuff. (70% movement speed debuff)

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
we need to see the distance in comparision to see how usefull they are:

Flash probably has the best forward dash in the game, along with batgirl and Aquaman, Arrow's forward dash is also very good though his backdash is crap.

Batman probably has the best backdash in the game, so just record all backdashes and forward dashes from the same spot, then on video edit, compare both dashes to see the distance traveled.