What's new

Four reasons why Interactables are awesome for INJUSTICE

cyke_out

Noob
i want to blame your dislexia but i too cant figure out what hes trying to say at all lol
I think he doesn't like good players dictating how the game should be played, he thinks casual scrubs should have a say.. or something like that, I have no clue either.

Sasuga

Noob
I don't like the idea of interactables yet. But actually, interactables have always been there in 2D fightinggames in the form of walls, imo. Walls are the most simple form you can have. They change how a game is played in respect to players locations on the screen although not truly interactive.

I'm very curious to see how they influence gameplay.

cyke_out

Noob
I don't like the idea of interactables yet. But actually, interactables have always been there in 2D fightinggames in the form of walls, imo. Walls are the most simple form you can have. They change how a game is played in respect to players locations on the screen although not truly interactive.

I'm very curious to see how they influence gameplay.

It's even more pronounced in 3d fighters, where they have endless stages, walls and ring outs, positioning and character match up play a huge part in the strategy of those games.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
There should be no self appointed Injustice police to decide on behalf of everyone if SI should be banned, absolutely not.

LI Joe can be the self appointed leader of it, but this is the same guy that thought nothing was wrong with Cyrax command grab bomb traps that dealt 60% damage, infact he used it until they game was patched.

Meterless, un-blockable command grab 50% combos are totally fine, but all of a sudden stage and position specific high damage combos cross the line of what is acceptable.

I see huge contradictions here.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
It also can give more match-ups to learn in a sense. Just because character X may beat character Y, that does not mean it will be the same exact result on another stage.

Sent from my mobile
right? I'm glad most of the good MK players are on board with depth. Well said man, well said

Great points here, the problem is other communities maybe grabbing ahold of this game and may see things differently. We really have to wait and see what will be the general opinion of this in torny play.

I say this because it's not all about 1 communities opinion anymore, especially at a major where their will be mixes. We may deem it all ok, but some others may not which may mess with our gameplay at different places.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Great points here, the problem is other communities maybe grabbing ahold of this game and may see things differently. We really have to wait and see what will be the general opinion of this in torny play.

I say this because it's not all about 1 communities opinion anymore, especially at a major where their will be mixes. We may deem it all ok, but some others may not which may mess with our gameplay at different places.
Then they can level up.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I personally don't like the stage interactables. They should not be unblockable, and you shouldn't be able to use them after a combo while your opponent is still laying on the ground and they didn't get a chance to stand up yet.

The dumpster in the corner is retarded lol. It bounces off the wall, and sometimes if your opponent jumps it will bounce back and still hit their feet anyways.

Idk, I think the game should just be straight character-based in tournaments and interactables should only be used for fun in casuals. For example in Smash you take items off in tournament, but in casuals they can be fun

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
This game doesn't seem to have much of a comeback factor and having the stage interactables can help a ton!

I'm more of a fan of the interactables you can wall bounce off of and I'm not to sure how I feel about unblockables...but given time there will be ways to easily avoid them etc...

This game was tested by how many pros? Lets see how they did.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Do they all work the same with everyone besides gadget/power split...

It seems to me that say a guy like Bane is not very good but he has these SI combos that seem to work better with him then others...
Also as said earlier about Ravens mobility...
I think certain fighters have SI advantages that make then a more viabale option despite other shortcommings...
The other thing I see is several are set in corners with transitions as a chance to get out of a trap with a SI...

Frenchy BSM

Evil lies in the cold
1) if you get yourself on the corner it should be you as the player figuring out how to get him off you or get through him not have these things in the corner of the map to help you...
2)They add for resets and a superman 98% combo thats just bs this isn't tekken tag or marvel
3) the damage on intractable defiantly needs to be tweaked down.

All I'm saying is these things on the map are just tools my main problem is the corner ones, for people who can't handle getting out of the corner themselves as a player so they use these bs corner pushers you are never going to learn with that always by your side.
*edit* and they're unblockable how could I forget...

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Okay I can see where you guys are coming from. But I still think something needs to be tweaked. Maybe just something as little as a damage nerf could solve a lot
Stage transitions and environments should be in competitive play but I would like to see stage transitions nerfed in damage to 20-25%. Nothing should hit for 30% imo. FGC needs to have games withmore innovative ideas to keep the scene fresh and make the FGC scene more appealing to new players.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Interesting point.

However, it is no different than playing a zoner and rolling random stage and getting the smallest stage in the game, or being a rush down and landing on a huge stage.

It's just another random factor added to the mix.
First stage choice will probably be random, or perhaps selectable from a pool of "neutral" stages after some more time. It may get a bit Smash Bros. in ruleset regarding stages and counterpicks, but honestly I think that is cool and interesting. Taking the environment into consideration is awesome and not many games do it.

As someone who will be running tournaments for IJ, I'll be keeping a close eye on the emerging ruleset. My hope is for a neutral / counterpick system and it will most likely be what I advocate for.

Even if ultimately it ends up being banned from tournaments I seem to recall Boon saying either they will have one stage that has nothing to interact with or you can turn them off.

I would hope for the latter cause it'd get boring seeing the same stages like the science room in Street Fighter 4, Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. or classroom like in Skullgirls.

cyke_out

Noob
First stage choice will probably be random, or perhaps selectable from a pool of "neutral" stages after some more time. It may get a bit Smash Bros. in ruleset regarding stages and counterpicks, but honestly I think that is cool and interesting. Taking the environment into consideration is awesome and not many games do it.

As someone who will be running tournaments for IJ, I'll be keeping a close eye on the emerging ruleset. My hope is for a neutral / counterpick system and it will most likely be what I advocate for.

First stage is randomly selected, loser can re-random or use the in-game 50/50 coin flip.

Even if ultimately it ends up being banned from tournaments I seem to recall Boon saying either they will have one stage that has nothing to interact with or you can turn them off.

I would hope for the latter cause it'd get boring seeing the same stages like the science room in Street Fighter 4, Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. or classroom like in Skullgirls.
Well, Atlantis is confirmed to have no transitions. Considering that we've yet to see it, I'm almost willing to bet that Ferris Airfield doesn't have a transition either.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Amen..

These characters were developed with the thought of them using these variables each in a unique way and the game is balanced around it...

I love this game! Playing Doomsday and Deathstroke right now , can't stop thinking about this game

interactables seem to have an interesting feel and the two sides of this argument seem to be in a simplified manner: 1. They add depth and have a positive effect of chars and matchups and 2. They do too much dmg, need to be nerfed, and shouldn't be unblockable/too cheap. Well this is what i feel should happen: keep the interactables in the game from the start for sure because we have no clue how they will be until the real game is out for everyone to play. If they are fine and don't have anything cheap you can utilize with them, leave em in. But if there are any infinites, rax/smoke like resets, or they provide way too much of an advantage for some and leave others in the dust, then get rid of em. The real interesting thing is they help you comeback since there are no rounds in this game, so if you get bodied in the beginning, they could help you come back. Also you can only use an interactable once, so it isn't like you can use them multiple times.

LI_Joe

Noob
damn you guys really like talking about me here huh? As a TO, it is something for us to be worried about but as of now nothing is changing. We will let the game rock and develop. So you guys can relax... please...

as far as dropping the N word.. I do it every day.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Let it ride, this could be a HUGE part of Injustice, people are only crying for it to be banned because they fear it.

It's not bad just because it's different, Jesus.

Also, yeah, huge hypocrisy calling this OP, yet we've spent two years saying that 100% combos with smoke/cyrax are fine.