What's new

Four reasons why Interactables are awesome for INJUSTICE

REO

Undead
1.) It promotes a layer of added depth. Every character uses interactables differently, be it power, gadget, or acrobatic. Even with the differences of interactable use, every character will still use them differently on their OWN to benefit their character play style. There are a ton of possibilities, ranging from a multitude of preemptive set-ups and baits. The yomi and mindgames that go into interactable use, fake-outs, or counter punishments (bounce armor-cancel) are extremely satisfying.

2.) Some characters need them. How are some characters like Raven supposed to get out of the corner? Raven has very poor mobility and methods in escaping the corner. By her utilizing interactables she is now given more options to cover this weakness. The same applies to some characters like Shazam who have difficulty opening an opponent up to get in on by himself. Throwing interactables opens up an opportunity for a knockdown so he can get in. Even the threat of it being an option can make opponents shaky and jumpy when in range, which he can use to his advantage on trying to slip in.

3.) They make the game fast-paced and exciting. You're going to have to make split-second decisions on covering ground trying to overwhelm your opponent with field control. What happens when you have two players with the same train of thought? Hectic fast-paced struggles that promote more aggressive behavior. Some characters can even "set up base" with them which will cause the opponent to rush in and put an end to it before they can capitalize on it. Time outs will most likely be very rare.

4.) Stage awareness is increased to a whole new level. How many of you have great stage awareness and capitalize with the corner being in the back of your mind? Every calculated move you make, whether it be a combo carrying your opponent to the corner, ending a combo to reverse positions, or maintaining great ground spacing is now fleshed out to many parts of the map where interactables are present. You will have to be familiar with every stage and learn how to shutdown other characters interactable use and capitalize on your own.

Sent from my mobile

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
im just glad ive gone through my baby phase with mk .. some of the stuff i bitched about when i first start playing that game :D

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Not only all of the above, but the mere train of thought of banning elements of the game even before the game has an opportunity to evolve is ridiculous.

It's that same train of thought that caused the rampant patching of MK during it's first 6 months of life. Now we have to deal with Kabal and Cyrax while characters that never really posed a threat are garbage.

GearDigital

If I am reincarnated; I wanna become a clam.
I agree. I feel like some people are blowing the interactables situation way out of proportion. People need to chill, and at least wait until the game has been out for a while before making these sweeping generalizations about them.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Not only all of the above, but the mere train of thought of banning elements of the game even before the game has an opportunity to evolve is ridiculous.

It's that same train of thought that caused the rampant patching of MK during it's first 6 months of life. Now we have to deal with Kabal and Cyrax while characters that never really posed a threat are garbage.
This x 100000

Death

Noob
It also can give more match-ups to learn in a sense. Just because character X may beat character Y, that does not mean it will be the same exact result on another stage.

Sent from my mobile
Hmmm that is very interesting. Never thought about it like that

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If the MK Community wanted stuff banned that landed high damage, then they should have spoke up sooner about Cyrax and Smoke 100% combos.

Its too fucking late now. Deal with it. Intractables are in the game, and they balance everything out.

It adds massive depth.

If you are a power character and something is a threat to you, like a car or dumpster, then pick it up and smash it, simple, that escape option is now gone.

Agreed, which is exactly why I made a thread a week or two ago about the stage-picking mechanic in Injustice, and the rules that we will need to have for tournaments. Stages WILL change matchups, and any player not counterpicking stages is not playing to their full potential. Interactions need to stay. Stage transitions need to stay.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Reo is right .... the way the interaction might possibly be used, can open a room for different types of strategies never seen before .... way deeper than you can see at first sight

It also can give more match-ups to learn in a sense. Just because character X may beat character Y, that does not mean it will be the same exact result on another stage.

Sent from my mobile
And it's in a weird way more realistic, in war platoons have been outnumbered and still won their battles by taking advantage of rain, fog or rocky environments.

And a lot of characters in fiction like Batman take out guys who are stronger then them like Killer Croc or Bane by using something in the environment as a weapon. Sure in a fair fight in an empty room with no weapons or gadgets they would overpower Batman but let's be serious here, how many fights only take place in an empty environment?

Reactions: RYX

Death

Noob
Okay I can see where you guys are coming from. But I still think something needs to be tweaked. Maybe just something as little as a damage nerf could solve a lot

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
If that's shocking to you then prepare to have your mind blown:

You know the stage transitions everyone complains about? What if I told you, in MK9, you could punch Kabal from Rooftop Day to the Pit? You'd do it, right? Well stage transitions are like stage counterpicks mid-match, which is more than enough it to have a huge impact on combos, setups and positioning.

We've actually been having these debates on InjusticeLive since Episode 1. I've always been for stage hazards and transitions. I think not only are they bringing a lot in terms of hype and strategic depth, but it also serves to set this game even further apart. It's a really ambitious design choice and I think it absolutely paid off.

Death

Noob
Damn on blast lol yeah punching kenshi to the pit would be nice :) but I'm all for stage transitions. Their awesome. You can also use b3 in the corner to get that stage transition damage but you lose corner position. My only gripe is the interactables

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Since the majority is for it, it'll be there. But I personally don't like them. Anyways I'm sure something broken will be found sooner or later and interactables will rightfully be banned.