What's new

Four reasons why Interactables are awesome for INJUSTICE

Also throw in spectator value. I know tournament players are rarely concerned with what a spectator thinks but, as a spectator myself, the interactables and transitions add huge hype. I wasn't sure I was going to get Injustice but I've been watching streams and I'm now excited about the game. The environment effects were only a part of what convinced me but, every little bit helps.

1st of all Why would someone try to attack LIjoe character as an organizer just to try to prove their point? That's not a good way to get your point across toward organizers in the community.

2nd of all the items in this game could make this game become the NRS version of smash, but until we see all of the broken things you players will figure out we will no impose a rule set on a game that hasn't even been officially released. I think LIjoe was not saying that having 100% combo's is unfair so stop twisting his words. What he was saying is only half the cast can use this feature instead of the entire cast. He doesn't want this game to get a negative feedback for players that aren't hardcore mk players. These are the 1st type of players to bash this game in the social media. We all want to see this new title from NRS succeed. Either way I know Joe and John will monitor the results and tournaments with INJ to see how things go down. I will also be monitoring tournament results and streams to investigate this new game and it's gameplay moving forward as a serious tournament game. I hope this game bridges the gap between the MK community and the Capcom community because I think it has a chance to be very huge.

1st of all Why would someone try to attack LIjoe character as an organizer just to try to prove their point? That's not a good way to get your point across toward organizers in the community.

2nd of all the items in this game could make this game become the NRS version of smash, but until we see all of the broken things you players will figure out we will no impose a rule set on a game that hasn't even been officially released. I think LIjoe was not saying that having 100% combo's is unfair so stop twisting his words. What he was saying is only half the cast can use this feature instead of the entire cast. He doesn't want this game to get a negative feedback for players that aren't hardcore mk players. These are the 1st type of players to bash this game in the social media. We all want to see this new title from NRS succeed. Either way I know Joe and John will monitor the results and tournaments with INJ to see how things go down. I will also be monitoring tournament results and streams to investigate this new game and it's gameplay moving forward as a serious tournament game. I hope this game bridges the gap between the MK community and the Capcom community because I think it has a chance to be very huge.
This is beautiful <3.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i cant believe this is even an issue. the 100% combos are so situational, you will probably never see them in a match. Storm in a teacup people.

To LI. Joe, dude i had the first 100% combo, i just couldn't record it due to my pad converter breaking, but whatever lol. nice find with bane

Like I've been saying for months, players are going to main a stage which benefits their strategy and perhaps have two mains based on P1 and P2 positioning. With two players able to flip a virtual coin over stage selection it makes it fair. I've played the full version because my buddy got an early copy and we went a couple rounds without interactions and it left the game feeling incomplete and the intensity of mind games dropped off.

love how i already made a thread about how it balances out the game a few days ago, and makes it more read based and how they are implemental... and all the things interactables provide but this gets front paged and noone even read my thread... politics.... regardless great thread reo

coolwhip

Noob
I say we wait and see. Change is not always bad, but it's not always good either. We'll know when the game comes out.
Change from what though? This isn't MK. So saying it's a change from MK is pointless. Change from fighting games in general? Most fighting games differ in one way or another. This is its own entity. Let it be that way.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Interesting points. I will be using Raven as a main and have managed to take her into the lab for a brief period of time a bit ago and....yeah not very mobile so this could play a big role in helping her out a bit. Either way, everyone will find out at midnight in one day.

Of course it is annoying to see the typical trend of "ban this, ban that" and whining. Game hasn't even dropped yet. I have even seen people on one of our local area threads complaining about the game via the Demo..........a DEMO. that's probably 5 builds ago............Cmon man. It's in the game...it's PART of the game. Play it how it was meant to be played. *Losing faith in gamers slowly*

Change from what though? This isn't MK. So saying it's a change from MK is pointless. Change from fighting games in general? Most fighting games differ in one way or another. This is its own entity. Let it be that way.
Which is why it and every other fighter is different, cause they are doing something different. Some fighters live a long happy life cause they did something different, and others die and are forgotten cause while they might have been on the right track of new ideas they pulled them off poorly.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
it’s there, and you want to get away from it. Same with the corner game in MK. It’s just aI think we are missing a point.

It looks cool.

LBSH, all the people that don’t play fighting games see this game and see recognisable characters riding bikes, jumping through teleports throwing cars and barrels, it looks cool. It’s a draw! People want to see these tools used, and it what separates injustice from the fighting games. My mind frame is similar to tekken when your back is to a wall. You know it’s there, and you want to get away from it. Same with the corner game in MK. It’s just an extra layer it what is already shaping up to be a big selling game.
Keep it. Let’s see what happens.
Peace.
n extra layer it what is already shaping up to be a big selling game.
Keep it. Let’s see what happens.
Peace.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
1.) It promotes a layer of added depth. Every character uses interactables differently, be it power, gadget, or acrobatic. Even with the differences of interactable use, every character will still use them differently on their OWN to benefit their character play style. There are a ton of possibilities, ranging from a multitude of preemptive set-ups and baits. The yomi and mindgames that go into interactable use, fake-outs, or counter punishments (bounce armor-cancel) are extremely satisfying.
They should all be blockable components.

2.) Some characters need them. How are some characters like Raven supposed to get out of the corner? Raven has very poor mobility and methods in escaping the corner. By her utilizing interactables she is now given more options to cover this weakness. The same applies to some characters like Shazam who have difficulty opening an opponent up to get in on by himself. Throwing interactables opens up an opportunity for a knockdown so he can get in. Even the threat of it being an option can make opponents shaky and jumpy when in range, which he can use to his advantage on trying to slip in.
Raven has trouble getting pressured? Big whoop, don't get cornered. Sounds like lazy/awful design and balance. God forbid someone actually gets rewarded a chance to attack for cornering and being able to finally pressure after chasing the entire stage.

3.) They make the game fast-paced and exciting. You're going to have to make split-second decisions on covering ground trying to overwhelm your opponent with field control. What happens when you have two players with the same train of thought? Hectic fast-paced struggles that promote more aggressive behavior. Some characters can even "set up base" with them which will cause the opponent to rush in and put an end to it before they can capitalize on it. Time outs will most likely be very rare.
They make it fast paced and exciting because people have to eat them if they let the other person get near it. It's especially unfair and silly when you have slow characters

4.) Stage awareness is increased to a whole new level. How many of you have great stage awareness and capitalize with the corner being in the back of your mind? Every calculated move you make, whether it be a combo carrying your opponent to the corner, ending a combo to reverse positions, or maintaining great ground spacing is now fleshed out to many parts of the map where interactables are present. You will have to be familiar with every stage and learn how to shutdown other characters interactable use and capitalize on your own.

Sent from my mobile
Sounds like another lazy idea to cover up character and match up balancing. Stick a few unblockable objects and call it a day and let people walk in and out of them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
They should all be blockable components.

Raven has trouble getting pressured? Big whoop, don't get cornered. Sounds like lazy/awful design and balance. God forbid someone actually gets rewarded a chance to attack for cornering and being able to finally pressure after chasing the entire stage.

They make it fast paced and exciting because people have to eat them if they let the other person get near it. It's especially unfair and silly when you have slow characters

Sounds like another lazy idea to cover up character and match up balancing. Stick a few unblockable objects and call it a day and let people walk in and out of them.
Learn to control the stage if you don't like being hit with shit.

God forbid you don't t get to blindly button mash someone to death in a corner, right? By the way corner escapes can be removed via power/gadget down+interact. It isn't a get out of free card either; you're not invincible starting up or coming down.

It isn't unfair because those slow characters can armor through it with ease and Grundy can absolutely rape you with his Walking Corpse and WC cancels.

This last part is just stupid.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Learn to control the stage if you don't like being hit with shit.

God forbid you don't t get to blindly button mash someone to death in a corner, right? By the way corner escapes can be removed via power/gadget down+interact. It isn't a get out of free card either; you're not invincible starting up or coming down.

It isn't unfair because those slow characters can armor through it with ease and Grundy can absolutely rape you with his Walking Corpse and WC cancels.

This last part is just stupid.
Grundy's not even a problem. There's way more characters that can stretch out the whole stage and take advantage of unblockable objects more often than characters like Grundy with armor.

They should be patched to be blockable. Hands down. That's my final stand on it.

Most of the reasons stated here are very poor excuses to justify them and they are NOT present in most/everything else in the competitive fighting genre. The closest things you have are wall splats and ring out structures which do tend to stage awareness but they are not absolute things bad players can take advantage of.

You go online for matches, I bet you 50% of the newbies and bad players are gonna run toward them because they know it's free guaranteed damage if they can spam and keep you at bay. At a high level? I can't imagine how well GOOD players are going to keep you down for 80% and then have that free guaranteed 20% to finish you off with roasted pork or rocket missiles floating around the stage. Look at the big picture. It's not a good design.

If they wanted to use stage objects for damage, they could have balanced the game with more overall damage instead of having people rely on them for the extra damage.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Stage interactions can be interrupted at virtually any point and they can be easily dodged. All guaranteed damage off them is highly situational and it's your fault for getting in that situation.

I was referring to punishing them when I mentioned Grundy. He don't give a fuck.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
So far, intractables don't seem all that balanced... admittedly I'm still a newb buy even fighting the computer on Very Hard and when I know it's coming, I still can't evade these objects BECAUSE MANY OF THEM TRACK YOU. Doesn't make any sense since they deal massive damage and require strict timing to avoid.

I think they dumb things down right now. That opinion may change as many opinions will from day 2 of the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Grundy's not even a problem. There's way more characters that can stretch out the whole stage and take advantage of unblockable objects more often than characters like Grundy with armor.

They should be patched to be blockable. Hands down. That's my final stand on it.

Most of the reasons stated here are very poor excuses to justify them and they are NOT present in most/everything else in the competitive fighting genre. The closest things you have are wall splats and ring out structures which do tend to stage awareness but they are not absolute things bad players can take advantage of.

You go online for matches, I bet you 50% of the newbies and bad players are gonna run toward them because they know it's free guaranteed damage if they can spam and keep you at bay. At a high level? I can't imagine how well GOOD players are going to keep you down for 80% and then have that free guaranteed 20% to finish you off with roasted pork or rocket missiles floating around the stage. Look at the big picture. It's not a good design.

If they wanted to use stage objects for damage, they could have balanced the game with more overall damage instead of having people rely on them for the extra damage.
So you don't like something that any player good or bad can damage you with? Uh huh...

You expect to be able to block a car being thrown at you by power character? There is a reason why not everyone can pick up a car and throw it- so it does add depth. Ever see what Flash can do on the monitors in Arkham Asylum?! You will want to bust them up ASAP. They are situational toys that make you have to pay attention to your surrounding just that much more.. But overall they have uses and are fun!

Reactions: RYX

tazzmission

Banned
love the stage interactions but i wish a few of them had more to it like atlantis for one and the watchtower. other than that i love em

cyke_out

Noob
That's your final stand? thank god, cuz I was really worried about how some random dude, who has barely had the game for a few days thinks of something as compared to everyone else opinion, including top players who have tested the game for months.

This is his final stand people, listen to him, he is a guy on the internet.