What's new

Question For Kai Fans, Who Would You Pick As His Mocap and Voice Actor?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Those are great choices! But I'd be really great if Kai had a more asian accent, as in he is born and raised in china, that would give him a unique flavor imo. Kai has a lot of potential and could end up a fan favorite, just like Fujin.

Art Lean

Noob
Those are great choices! But I'd be really great if Kai had a more asian accent, as in he is born and raised in china, that would give him a unique flavor imo. Kai has a lot of potential and could end up a fan favorite, just like Fujin.
Well I don’t know about Chinese, seems a bit redundant what with both Liu Kang and Kung Lao both there from the White Lotus Society already. However, funnily enough until Armageddon came out I’d always assumed he was meant to be Indian (doesn’t help that MK4 has always had godawful graphics, even at the time, so forgive my stupidity); especially given that his attire is similar to what's worn in their martial art of Kalaripayattu as well as his motion capture actor being of Indian ethnicity (who incidentally also played Noob Saibot in MK Conquest), which indeed is an Asian culture that MK sadly hasn’t touched yet.

So I don’t know who’s play him but an Indian Kai trained in the deadly high flying sword art of Kalari would happily get my vote!

Last edited:

kantboy-2

Ripper
Seeing his gameplay from MK4 and Armageddon, I think Kai would be perfect if they develop him as a mix of his old moves, the Dualist LK variation from MKX and Nightwing escrima stance from Injustice.

Jax's voice actor from MKX (Greg Eagles) would be great for the role.

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Noob
Kai was stated to have been trained in Asia but there is no mention he was born in any Asian country.

Why do people keep saying Kai's fighting style is capoeira?
Personally, I never saw anybody else say that.

I just came up with that on my own, inspired by the fact that they gave Jacqui muay thai.

Capoeria gives him cool kicks like Liu Kang, I thought that would suit him well.

Edit: Apparently, he had a handstand stance in one of the games, so that's why capoeira is fitting.

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
In a short span of time we have assembled so much ideas and information on how to make this character outstanding! Now, we only need to get attention from NRS!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It feels almost grammatically incorrect to pluralize the word "fans" following Kai's name
what the hell is a Kai fan?