What's new

Question Follow up attacks for f2?

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i know you can do f2 tks/tkp, and if they attempt to do any thing else besides block they get caught in the frame trap. but after you do this once , and they are commited to block after f2, what is your best option to continue pressure?

NKZero

Noob
i know you can do f2 tks/tkp, and if they attempt to do any thing else besides block they get caught in the frame trap. but after you do this once , and they are commited to block after f2, what is your best option to continue pressure?
Ermac cannot really pressure effectively to be honest. Against some crouch blocking characters the 1 in 312 will whiff. If they are stand blocking then go for it. You could go for B114 stutter strings if you really have them respecting F2 on block. Or if you wanna continue zoning, just throw them full screen....that's probably the best option.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
i do different stuff after a blocked f2

- perfect range for f4 since it comes out in 10f now

- dash back and tele push

- dash forward and d4 sometimes

- jump forward and doin airblast

f2 is nice but i use it sparingly

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
try workin some footsies with Iab's :)
This. F4 is also good after a blocked F2, down pokes if you are willing to take risks or just do a D4 to prevent them from closing in on you. U4 is good also if you expect a down poke from your opponent , but i wouldnt recommend using it all the time cause if you get crossed up=qq. Or you can always go for another F2 as well.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
well i already understood how good it is in the corner, and iafb is a good idea, but im staring to think sweep is the best option after they respect f2 on block because its also plus on frames.
thanks for the ideas guardian, metzos, and others.
btw is sweep lift a frame trap on block, i do this alot and people rarely escape it
lols at the noob who gets pressured by sweep and f2 lols

zaf

professor
Ermac cannot really pressure effectively to be honest. Against some crouch blocking characters the 1 in 312 will whiff. If they are stand blocking then go for it. You could go for B114 stutter strings if you really have them respecting F2 on block. Or if you wanna continue zoning, just throw them full screen....that's probably the best option.
Wrong.
Ermac might have bad pressure with block strings, but using iafb like cages knee is his new meta game.
This will make him 100% better and this is something people will not know how to deal with.

You can counter poke a d1/d3 with iafb.
If you land a d3 on opponents crouch, iafb is a frame trap becoming a 3 frame move.

One of your best options after a f2 will be iafb.

- Doing this becomes another frame trap. Iafb is 10 frames and f2 is +4 on block. So this makes iafb a 6 frame move.
- can not be poked
- should not be able to be jumped out of, if you do it right.
- only armor should beat this.

Iafb becomes a move like cages knee. You can keep applying pressure with this as it beats pokes by going over them.
You can repeat iafb a few times. So like F2 -> Iafb -> Iafb. This has to be respected.

If it hits them because they tried to do something, then the stagger from the iafb becomes like cages nutpunch allowing for a free jip or blocking string pressure. This also allows you to dash in and just repeat an iafb.

Once your iafb is respected, just dash in and do blockstrings or go for grabs. Also use D4 with iafb play.
D4 on hit, your best follow up is 121. This hits them at the max range of 121 and if d4 hits the 121 needs to be respected.
D4 on hit is +12 and 121 is 10 frames. SO this is another frame trap. Its ridiculous how often 121 lands after a D4 on hit.
if 12 hits, just cancel into TKS instead of the last hit of 121. If 121 hits the whole thing and you didnt lift, go for an iafb.
Iafb after a blocked 121, can be avoided by dashing back and that is all ( besides armor).
Even then it has to be a fast dash back as ermac can do a forward iafb, propelling him forward a little and covering more range.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Overall assessment, Ermac is made for zoning, however he is more then capable of applying pressure when used right just not so much "up close". Use his pokes, footsies, mix it up etc spacing is key with Ermac. I never use his F2 personally.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Overall assessment, Ermac is made for zoning, however he is more then capable of applying pressure when used right just not so much "up close". Use his pokes, footsies, mix it up etc spacing is key with Ermac. I never use his F2 personally.
Thats how you use every character up close lol.

MKF30

Thats how you every character up close lol.
lol not zoners, You can rush down any time with people like KL, Cage, Sonya, Jax, LK etc because they're just so much faster up close. Not so much with say someone like Ermac, Noob, Sub-Zero etc. These guys among others you have to be more careful up close as oppose to distance where they have more of an edge.

Pikachu

lol not zoners, You can rush down any time with people like KL, Cage, Sonya, Jax, LK etc because they're just so much faster up close. Not so much with say someone like Ermac, Noob, Sub-Zero etc. These guys among others you have to be more careful up close as oppose to distance where they have more of an edge.
When you are up close everybody uses pokes and mixups lol. Rusher Zoner whatever. Its as standard as you can get.

MKF30

When you are up close everybody uses pokes and mixups lol. Rusher Zoner whatever. Its as standard as you can get.
Yes, but I'm saying Cage, KL, Sonya, LK etc have FAR more options and speed might add then Ermac, Noob etc thus why they're more zoning characters, not rush down. Everyone has pokes but that doesn't mean it's always good or useful. You're not going to win with Cage or Sonya by zoning, but rushing down when you can. Where as Ermac or Noob you win by zoning, it's more crucial to their gameplay.

Pikachu

Yes, but I'm saying Cage, KL, Sonya, LK etc have FAR more options and speed might add then Ermac, Noob etc thus why they're more zoning characters, not rush down. Everyone has pokes but that doesn't mean it's always good or useful. You're not going to win with Cage or Sonya by zoning, but rushing down when you can. Where as Ermac or Noob you win by zoning, it's more crucial to their gameplay.
I give up

Pikachu

Whatever you say. I've only been using zoners since launch, especially Ermac...
You wrote Use his pokes, footsies, mix it up. Im just gonna fucking assume you mean you do this up close. Unless you have some secret full sceen poke I do not know of. The rest is just generic shit you should do in all fighters with all the characters. Standard stuff. You do not have to reply cause I am not gonna read it anyway.

MKF30

You wrote Use his pokes, footsies, mix it up. Im just gonna fucking assume you mean you do this up close. Unless you have some secret full sceen poke I do not know of. The rest is just generic shit you should do in all fighters with all the characters. Standard stuff. You do not have to reply cause I am not gonna read it anyway.
Well, never assume ;) I made a general statement but obviously there's more to it then just "pokes, spacing etc" depends who you're facing, how and if they can punish certain moves like his TK push for example. Yeah, his good SAFE pokes. Everyone knows his block strings can get punished or ducked...thus why I said everyone is different. If you do this with Cage, it's harder to counter him up close due to his not just fast but mix ups with his kicks and punches up close, frame traps you know? Ermac doesn't have this to his advantage up close like other characters do. If he hits you with 312, all good but if it's read it's easily avoidable.

Well, next time I recommend not posting if you intend to not read much less understand what I said. Do you even use Ermac?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You know nothing of subzero if you say that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well, never assume ;) I made a general statement but obviously there's more to it then just "pokes, spacing etc" depends who you're facing, how and if they can punish certain moves like his TK push for example. Yeah, his good SAFE pokes. Everyone knows his block strings can get punished or ducked...thus why I said everyone is different. If you do this with Cage, it's harder to counter him up close due to his not just fast but mix ups with his kicks and punches up close, frame traps you know? Ermac doesn't have this to his advantage up close like other characters do. If he hits you with 312, all good but if it's read it's easily avoidable.

Well, next time I recommend not posting if you intend to not read much less understand what I said. Do you even use Ermac?
If you obviously meant more then you yourself should not assume everyone would get it eh ;) ?

MKF30

You know nothing of subzero if you say that.
I'm aware of Sub-Zero and his clone frame traps, but his chances against KL, Cage etc, KL? His clone is key to his victory, take that away and Sub is nothing. He's already hard to play with compared to other characters if you break it down. Just ask Tom Brady, watch his vids.

For your other comment, I had trusted other actual Ermac players got it ;) since this is you know an Ermac topic lol That guy Pikachu is obviously taking my post the wrong way or didn't understand what I said, not sure which honestly. I was merely pointing out that some characters are made for zoning, while others are stronger up close. I've been using Ermac since launch, he's obviously stronger when you're far, zoning then up close. I sure most Ermac players will agree with that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wrong.
Ermac might have bad pressure with block strings, but using iafb like cages knee is his new meta game.
This will make him 100% better and this is something people will not know how to deal with.

You can counte poke a d1/d3 with iafb.
If you land a d3 on opponents crouch, iafb is a frame trap becoming a 3 frame move.

One of your best options after a f2 will be iafb.

- Doing this becomes another frame trap. Iafb is 8 frames and f2 is +4 on block. So this makes iafb a 4 frame move.
- can not be poked
- should not be able to be jumped out of, if you do it right.
- only armor should beat this.

Iafb becomes a move like cages knee. You can keep applying pressure with this as it beats pokes by going over them.
You can repeat iafb a few times. So like F2 -> Iafb -> Iafb. This has to be respected.

If it hits them because they tried to do something, then the stagger from the iafb becomes like cages nutpunch allowing for a free jip or blocking string pressure. This also allows you to dash in and just repeat an iafb.

Once your iafb is respected, just dash in and do blockstrings or go for grabs. Also use D4 with iafb play.
D4 on hit, your best follow up is 121. This hits them at the max range of 121 and if d4 hits the 121 needs to be respected.
D4 on hit is +12 and 121 is 10 frames. SO this is another frame trap. Its ridiculous how often 121 lands after a D4 on hit.
if 12 hits, just cancel into TKS instead of the last hit of 121. If 121 hits the whole thing and you didnt lift, go for an iafb.
Iafb after a blocked 121, can be avoided by dashing back and that is all ( besides armor).
Even then it has to be a fast dash back as ermac can do a forward iafb, propelling him forward a little and covering more range.
may i ask why i would respect a 7% blast that only interrupts me when im poking and when im caught crouching?

id never poke vs ermac b ecause i dont need to worry about slow normals, - on hit d3 or a so risky d1 along with a d4 that 22 catches.

gimme your view on the subject

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm aware of Sub-Zero and his clone frame traps, but his chances against KL, Cage etc, KL? His clone is key to his victory, take that away and Sub is nothing. He's already hard to play with compared to other characters if you break it down. Just ask Tom Brady, watch his vids.

For your other comment, I had trusted other actual Ermac players got it ;) since this is you know an Ermac topic lol That guy Pikachu is obviously taking my post the wrong way or didn't understand what I said, not sure which honestly. I was merely pointing out that some characters are made for zoning, while others are stronger up close. I've been using Ermac since launch, he's obviously stronger when you're far, zoning then up close. I sure most Ermac players will agree with that.
subzero is neither a rushdown char or zoner, his comfort zone depends on the matchup and hp left, hes a mix or everything and can do everything, his rushdown is decent with his killer d4 which at a range cant be outpoked or hit by normals, 22 is his best string as well.

MKF30

subzero is neither a rushdown char or zoner, his comfort zone depends on the matchup and hp left, hes a mix or everything and can do everything, his rushdown is decent with his killer d4 which at a range cant be outpoked or hit by normals, 22 is his best string as well.
Obviously, however of those two Sub could potentially zone with the clone to hold his own but it helps if he's not facing a teleporter no doubt. His clone is key despite who he's facing.

zaf

professor
may i ask why i would respect a 7% blast that only interrupts me when im poking and when im caught crouching?

id never poke vs ermac b ecause i dont need to worry about slow normals, - on hit d3 or a so risky d1 along with a d4 that 22 catches.

gimme your view on the subject
if you get hit its a free jip/blockstring pressure/grabs.
damage wracks up.

d3 is +5 on crouch hit and it hits like this more then you think.

trust me on this, iafb is the way to go with ermac.
i can tell you every reason to keep using iafb, but its something you just need to see.
if you keep respecting the iafb, i get grabs and free pressure.
it works the same way cages f3 works.
i use this now and it is working