What's new

Flash, or wonderwoman? who is the better rushdown character?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guys, I'm not donwplaying Flash, I think he's retarded good lol. Just statements like, "You can't even walk back" are false and I'ma call them out.

Also, Flash is definitely better than WW, no question about it.

Unless you are Kuroda you will not truly react to something faster than 18f and it takes a maximum of 5 for him to reach you from 3-4 screen. He will throw it out 1/2 screen, it's all reads and conditioning.
It's an audio cue that's very noticable and all you do is slightly flick your thumb down. Same reason people can react to KF's MB f3.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Guys, I'm not donwplaying Flash, I think he's retarded good lol. Just statements like, "You can't even walk back" are false and I'ma call them out.

Also, Flash is definitely better than WW, no question about it.

It's an audio cue that's very noticable and all you do is slightly flick your thumb down. Same reason people can react to KF's MB f3.
I was exaggerating when I said that. I meant when you block it standing you're already in trouble. Sorry for wording it like that.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
A common mistake i see here is some assuming that a move being unsafe makes it not particularly great. This might be the case if said move was the only worthwhile tool. But when a character has good walk speed, a retarded dash, very good footsie tools, etc... then your opponent is conditioned to expect a multitude of things, thus opening up other options. Not to mention lightning charge is a great way to get in when used on reaction and not randomly. It's a good whiff punisher too.
I think he meant LC as a way to get in. Like closing the gap between him and his opponent whether it hits or not. But I do agree that it's not a move that should be thrown out randomly. Still, what you mentioned does not make him braindead. He's not the one with a trident rush as far as I'm concerned :p

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
i can't decide, they both have great stuff, which character is best at getting in? which character would deal better against the type of mu's that a zoning character would lose?
Well based on getting in- Flash is better..He has one of the fastest forward dash in the game, running man stance , lightning charge and sonic pound plus zoning and throwing interactables can be nullified to an extent using speed dodge . WW in lasso has IADG, air dash plus Mb tiara as a footsie tool mid range.. In Shield Stance her dash is faster and covers more ground plus she takes less chip from projectiles and her MB Shield bash is plus. She requires less meter than Flash and is plus on EVERYTHING. Honestly I think both of them have a very nasty corner game..

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i like wonderwoman, but im wondering if she would meet my needs as well as flash would when it comes to dealing with troublesome matchups for zod. Does flash actually have footsies?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
i like wonderwoman, but im wondering if she would meet my needs as well as flash would when it comes to dealing with troublesome matchups for zod.
Depends on which 'troublesome matchups for Zod' you're talking about specifically...

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
There is no damn debate here, I go with the character that takes 60% for me making one mistake. It's surprising how little tournaments flash has won because in a first to 2 or first to 3 flash has enough mixups to kill you with 3 touches. and you better pray he doesn't get you in the corner.

coolwhip

Noob
I think he meant LC as a way to get in. Like closing the gap between him and his opponent whether it hits or not. But I do agree that it's not a move that should be thrown out randomly. Still, what you mentioned does not make him braindead. He's not the one with a trident rush as far as I'm concerned :p
Well, "random" is not something that should be associated with a good player. Generally speaking, if a player knows what he's doing, what appears to be "random" is simply a read. If someone read that you're going to walk, dash or jump forward from a certain distance he'd throw out a lighting charge. Now, it might happen that you actually did none of those things, blocked it and punished, in that case your opponent just made the wrong tread. Now if someone just spams lighting charges as a means to get in, he's just a terrible player but I don't think we're taking bad players into consideration when talking about how good a character is.

The idea that Flash is braindead is silly though. I do think he's really, really good though. He has a lot of the tools necessary to be a great character in this game (walk speed, dash speed, anti-airs, 50/50's, high damage, oki, wake-ups, a good trait, ability to get past zoning, etc...).