What's new

Flash, or wonderwoman? who is the better rushdown character?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i can't decide, they both have great stuff, which character is best at getting in? which character would deal better against the type of mu's that a zoning character would lose?

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Well Flash really doesn't require much thinking(lbsh) and his dashes and lighting charge make it easy as fuck to get in. With WW you have to make reads the whole time even though she's plus on block. From personal experience, it's a fuck ton more rewarding to use her over him, and if you can get the spacing and timing down, you can still use her tiaras as a projectile around midrange ish. Its really just a matter of whether you want to use your head or not

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Well Flash really doesn't require much thinking(lbsh) and his dashes and lighting charge make it easy as fuck to get in. With WW you have to make reads the whole time even though she's plus on block. From personal experience, it's a fuck ton more rewarding to use her over him, and if you can get the spacing and timing down, you can still use her tiaras as a projectile around midrange ish. Its really just a matter of whether you want to use your head or not
I agree. If there is one thing I do know its that it can be tedious to get in with WW against good zoning, despite her tools.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
You can't walk back against flash or back dash. Because you'll get put in a frame trap or launched for 30+ percent with corner carry. And he gets more damage from his overhead. Running Man stance cancels are retarded. Sonic pound is like plus 15 so you're just being pressured all day until you realize you can push block. Oh and it crosses up. And he punishes EVERYTHING!

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
TYM never fails to disappoint with idiots thinking flash is braindead.

Go place, you mediocre fools.
true, flash isn't braindead. people say he's braindead because of the simplicity of his 50+% combos, other than that his footsies aren't good and his overhead is unsafe. i will say though that this is one of the most bullshit characters online- he has to get in and he gets in for free everytime because lag prevents scouting a forward dash:(

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can't walk back against flash or back dash. Because you'll get put in a frame trap or launched for 30+ percent with corner carry. And he gets more damage from his overhead. Running Man stance cancels are retarded. Sonic pound is like plus 15 so you're just being pressured all day until you realize you can push block. Oh and it crosses up. And he punishes EVERYTHING!
Lol what? Why can't you walk back? Just duck lighting charge on reaction and full combo punish. Every character can do it.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Lol what? Why can't you walk back? Just duck lighting charge on reaction and full combo punish. Every character can do it.
yes,lightning charge can be blocked...but that doesnt change the fact that it beats every single option some characrers have when hes 3/4 of the screen or closer to you( #which is basically 90% of the game. characters like am,lex,grundy and bane cant do shit vs this character a lot of the time (am is the exception as he stands his ground up close)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Good luck reacting to an 11 frame move particularly and not ducking "on reaction" to any random twitch you see.

This is exactly how he gets in.
It's not 11 frames by the time it reaches you unless he's already in b2 range (by which point you should be attempting to play footsies [if you can]). I have no trouble reacting to it. Failing that, nj2 also works. Also, if you have a half decent projectile flash can't just dash willy-nilly on you.

Lightning charge is good, but I've always seen its main benefit as being a punisher. No good flash will throw it out from 1/2 screen or more unless its a punish because that shit will get ducked and punished.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
on paper is FLASH by a mile... much much faster dashes and specials that can get him in your face real fast...

Amplified$hotz

You can press buttons in lightning charge range. You have to guess between sonic pound and a dash up. When you crouch he's only getting closer. If you walk back and block sonic charge MB you're in a frame trap. Flash is messed up dude. The only way to beat flash is to force him to make mistakes but the thing is flash players are only getting better and better.

Amplified$hotz

It's not 11 frames by the time it reaches you unless he's already in b2 range (by which point you should be attempting to play footsies [if you can]). I have no trouble reacting to it. Failing that, nj2 also works. Also, if you have a half decent projectile flash can't just dash willy-nilly on you.

Lightning charge is good, but I've always seen its main benefit as being a punisher. No good flash will throw it out from 1/2 screen or more unless its a punish because that shit will get ducked and punished.
They meant at half or three fourths screen. Flash has too many things you have to watch out for. To be waiting for lightning charge all day. I don't know how it is for batgirl, but for joker and green lantern you can't even touch you're projectile from certain ranges.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Firstly, reason why some people can't place(from footage) is because they don't use all his tools, ESPECIALLY trait. Yes you can punshblock it and it goes away outside of combos, but the advantage he has to open you up is huge. So many times I see Flash players only use trait when its in a combo, whereas you CAN use it at least 3 times in a match. Then its just lack of reaction and/or persistently doing the same setups that get blocked and then wonder why you can't open up the opponent. He has ambiguous crossups, a 6f AA let alone special, a running stance that can cancel, is safe AF, which btw, which unsafe overhead was someone talking about? The running man stance one? Lol...because that's his only overhead...

Second, in terms of getting in, its easy for him as it is for BG, AM, Bane, and MMH. You know why? Because they CAN do soooo much that once the player shows you that they can and will do them, you realize just how many options they have in comparison to characters that aren't them. So the character at hand, Flash. He has lightning charge, dash up, sonic pound, running man stance, and also trait. With all of these options, any little thing he does instantly makes you want to crouch and/or keep moving back which is what let's him freely do what he wants majority of the time. He moves and you crouch, he can activate trait or go into a running man stance cancel or dash up and just be in your face within a second which is right where he wants to be.

As for his combos... Dude really...he doesn't have to commit to anything. Sure he can cancel his strings into his kicks, but guess what, though I hope that as a flash player you'd know this; you can input the MB and it will not come out unless on hit. So there's that. And to add, you can activate trait on reaction if kicks hit, so where exactly is your risk? Not to mention its safe on block too

Amplified$hotz

Firstly, reason why some people can't place(from footage) is because they don't use all his tools, ESPECIALLY trait. Yes you can punshblock it and it goes away outside of combos, but the advantage he has to open you up is huge. So many times I see Flash players only use trait when its in a combo, whereas you CAN use it at least 3 times in a match. Then its just lack of reaction and/or persistently doing the same setups that get blocked and then wonder why you can't open up the opponent. He has ambiguous crossups, a 6f AA let alone special, a running stance that can cancel, is safe AF, which btw, which unsafe overhead was someone talking about? The running man stance one? Lol...because that's his only overhead...

Second, in terms of getting in, its easy for him as it is for BG, AM, Bane, and MMH. You know why? Because they CAN do soooo much that once the player shows you that they can and will do them, you realize just how many options they have in comparison to characters that aren't them. So the character at hand, Flash. He has lightning charge, dash up, sonic pound, running man stance, and also trait. With all of these options, any little thing he does instantly makes you want to crouch and/or keep moving back which is what let's him freely do what he wants majority of the time. He moves and you crouch, he can activate trait or go into a running man stance cancel or dash up and just be in your face within a second which is right where he wants to be.

As for his combos... Dude really...he doesn't have to commit to anything. Sure he can cancel his strings into his kicks, but guess what, though I hope that as a flash player you'd know this; you can input the MB and it will not come out unless on hit. So there's that. And to add, you can activate trait on reaction if kicks hit, so where exactly is your risk? Not to mention its safe on block too
AK Harold did this. He played flash very differently.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man

if i played flash and i read that they would block an attack at the start of a match i would do either b224 or raw 4 to start off, you instantly gain momentum and are very likely to get the first hit...i never see flash players do this...

E

Eldriken

You should check out @HoneyBee's trait usage. It's its own personal salt factory. -.- Makes me go insane.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Unless you are Kuroda you will not truly react to something faster than 18f and it takes a maximum of 5 for him to reach you from 3-4 screen. He will throw it out 1/2 screen, it's all reads and conditioning.

coolwhip

Noob
Yeah because lightning charges are super safe on block. They're even more safe if you meter burn them. Hella tactic.
A common mistake i see here is some assuming that a move being unsafe makes it not particularly great. This might be the case if said move was the only worthwhile tool. But when a character has good walk speed, a retarded dash, very good footsie tools, etc... then your opponent is conditioned to expect a multitude of things, thus opening up other options. Not to mention lightning charge is a great way to get in when used on reaction and not randomly. It's a good whiff punisher too.