What's new

First Day of the NFL Draft - Impressions

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Manziel is way quicker than RGIII ever was. RGIII had a faster top speed yes, but their lateral movement isn't even comparable. We will see what happens, people need to stop judging Manziel when they haven't even watched half of his games.
I live in the SEC region...... I saw a TON of his games.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that Manziel is any quicker laterally than RGIII.
Hope he proves me wrong....... i hate every team in that division.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The Browns move put their Defense in the top 5 conversation. It already was top 10 last year, and now with Manziel, they have the potential to be a wildcard team this year. People from my school (A&M) are bitching about him going to Clevland but they don't realize, with Hoyer they were beating decent teams. I'd like to see Hoyer the Destroyer start first to see if the ACL affected him at all, and if he sucks, throw in Manziel. It'll be interesting, this draft class has so much talent.
Yeah I think the Browns just need to find out about Manziel as fast as possible. They have already set themselves up for the future adding a top pick next year due to the Bill's stupidity so if absolutely necessary and they want to jump ship and draft another QB that can always be an option that doesn't hurt them as much at this point.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
- Jaguars spent three years with Gabbert and draft a Gabbert 2.0. Jags bringing in the laughs this draft.
- Browns dropping the ball on drafting Watkins and Manziel. Welcome to the city of Cleveland.
- Raiders actually made a good pick this draft. Shocking really. (check spoiler)

As for my Broncos, I'm a little disappointed in their pick. I don't really feel a CB was too high on our Defensive Priorities list. I would've much preferred a LB like Tuitt. Hell even Borland at DT would've been a better choice as far as I can see. Bradly Roby just doesn't seem like an exceptional corner. Roby will most likely be better than some of the secondary corners like Webster and Jammer but I feel like in the first round of the Draft, a team needs to pick some strong talent. I feel like Tuitt was a missed oppurtunity.

At the end of the day, any defensive upgrades are welcomed.

43-8

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I live in the SEC region...... I saw a TON of his games.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that Manziel is any quicker laterally than RGIII.
Hope he proves me wrong....... i hate every team in that division.
I was trying to look up the shuttle time but RGIII didn't do it. Manziel ran a faster shuttle than both Andrew Luck and Russel Wilson, and I'd argue that Russel Wilson is quicker than RGIII but it's whatever. Depends on how you look at it. RG3 has long strides but I won't even argue because he's a faster sprinter (or was before the injury) than Manziel.

RiBBz22

- Jaguars spent three years with Gabbert and draft a Gabbert 2.0. Jags bringing in the laughs this draft.
- Browns dropping the ball on drafting Watkins and Manziel. Welcome to the city of Cleveland.
- Raiders actually made a good pick this draft. Shocking really. (check spoiler)

As for my Broncos, I'm a little disappointed in their pick. I don't really feel a CB was too high on our Defensive Priorities list. I would've much preferred a LB like Tuitt. Hell even Borland at DT would've been a better choice as far as I can see. Bradly Roby just doesn't seem like an exceptional corner. Roby will most likely be better than some of the secondary corners like Webster and Jammer but I feel like in the first round of the Draft, a team needs to pick some strong talent. I feel like Tuitt was a missed oppurtunity.

At the end of the day, any defensive upgrades are welcomed.

43-8
I am not even a Cleveland fan but they had the best draft of the first round so hold that and yes welcome to the city of Cleveland. I think they can live without Watkins when they took the top CB on the board and got what will likely be a top pick in next year's draft. Regardless how good Watkins is the Bills have really sacrificed a ton even though they don't really have a shot to win right now.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I am not even a Cleveland fan but they had the best draft of the first round so hold that and yes welcome to the city of Cleveland. I think they can live without Watkins when they took the top CB on the board and got what will likely be a top pick in next year's draft. Regardless how good Watkins is the Bills have really sacrificed a ton even though they don't really have a shot to win right now.
Now watch as we end up somehow snatching Watkins away from them maybe in a couple years. XD

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Holding anything the Browns do? While I agree they had the best Draft, they still dropped the chance to draft Watkins who I feel would've benefited the team more than Gilbert.
This is also implying Johnny Manlet wouldn't be a bust with Hoyer becoming GOAT.

No one picked Manzel because they suspect him to suck in the NFL. Tim Tebow style. That's why he was picked so late.

THTB

Holding anything the Browns do? While I agree they had the best Draft, they still dropped the chance to draft Watkins who I feel would've benefited the team more than Gilbert.
This is also implying Johnny Manlet wouldn't be a bust with Hoyer becoming GOAT.
In all honesty, I'm thinking the pass on Watkins was fine, considering what we got. Our already-great defense got even better with probably the biggest hole fixed. Haden already was amazing at shutting down big name receivers...if Gilbert passes, good luck any receiver that steps foot onto a field against Cleveland. Manziel is under Shanahan and Hoyer (regardless of how good Hoyer is himself, he has the teachings of Belichick and the studying of Brady to go by, which could go a long way in helping prep Manziel for the NFL).

Combined with the rest of the offseason, the Browns have done a damn good job, honestly. Browns fans may say this every year, but it's now not just the fans saying it. I said all last year, this team was good, just needed a little bit more help (and were royally fucked after losing Hoyer).

RiBBz22

No one picked Manzel because they suspect him to suck in the NFL. Tim Tebow style. That's why he was picked so late.
Nope, the reason QBs fall is because after the first 10 or so picks no one needs a QB anymore. I don't know if Manziel will be any good or not, but regardless it wasn't the reason he was picked 22nd. Same thing happened to Aaron Rodgers. Your point makes more sense for Tom Brady. Everyone thought he would suck so he went super late in the draft.

THTB

ANOTHER THING. That flop of a stunt by the Bills is gold. Do not be surprised if the Browns just set themselves up for top 3 picks without having to go with a shitty record to do so.

Nope, the reason QBs fall is because after the first 10 or so picks no one needs a QB anymore. I don't know if Manziel will be any good or not, but regardless it wasn't the reason he was picked 22nd. Same thing happened to Aaron Rodgers. Your point makes more sense for Tom Brady. Everyone thought he would suck so he went super late in the draft.
Lets see how he does. That's what I read, Lol. I didn't watch the Rodgers draft.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
It boggles my mind that Tim Tebow isn't the starter for Jacksonville. That team will suck absolute donkey scholong regardless of who it starts, so you'd think they'd go with the guy who's more popular in that region than their franchise to lead them. I guess the owner doesn't care about money or winning

NKZero

Noob
Falcons did well to get Jake Matthews. An offensive tackle was much needed as Matt Ryan had pretty much no protection last year, and it doesn't help that he doesn't possess the manoeuvrability or quicks like Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton etc.

Now if only they can work on the defensive line, which also sucked last year. No pass rush, gave up a ton of points etc. Secondary looks fairly promising but the defense needs improvement pretty much across the board.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
The steelers are my team. I was surprised with LB Ryan Shazier as there pick cuz they have needs on the defensive line and at corner, but I love this guy. His 40 yard dash time was faster than just abt all the wideouts this year and I'm pretty sure he lead the NCAA in tackles for losses the past two years. For me, he draws a lot of comparison to Patrick Willis and Luke kuechly. So overall, I think it was a good pickup for the steel city

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm glad the Bears got a DT. It doesn't feel right when this of all franchises can't stop the run

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Did the Broncos just draft a WR? Why the fuck are they drafting anyone on the offensive side of the ball?

More stat-padding for Manning I guess. The only feasible reason I see for this pick is too build him up for the future.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Did the Broncos just draft a WR? Why the fuck are they drafting anyone on the offensive side of the ball?

More stat-padding for Manning I guess. The only feasible reason I see for this pick is too build him up for the future.
i think they're going best player available