Strategy Finding solutions to low hitbox characters

Discussion in 'Sub-Zero' started by salvificblood, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Bidu

Bidu Active Member

PSN:
    FabioBidu
    Now trolling/quoting Tom brady: if this two buffs ever happens "Sub-Zero will be top3". rofl... now, seriously. I believe Sub would be at least top8 if these little two buffs ever happens. Too bad this never will.
  2. RedRaptor10

RedRaptor10 Lamesauce Premium Supporter

I don't think it's worth making a video for but it does hit crouch block and neutral crouched opponents after B1, 2, 1. You have to dash up right into their face. For neutral crouched opponents there is a sweet spot where the opponent is standing before going into crouch so 1 will hit but it is strict timing. I tested with 2 controllers just to make sure.
  3. NRF CharlieMurphy

NRF CharlieMurphy Kindergarten Meta

no
    Fatality_check and Bidu like this.
  4. Dark_Rob

Dark_Rob Lead Moderator Staff Member

The standing 2 is the most important thing by far. Without that adjustment Sub really has no way of pressuring low hitbox characters. You cant win a match when all youve got is D4.
  5. Bidu

Bidu Active Member

PSN:
    FabioBidu
    Exactly. I just can't think off a better fix for Sub.
    Dark_Rob likes this.
  6. Dark_Rob

Well its either that or give Sub a retartedly low hit box as well so when we D4 we dont get blown up by crossover jump punches for using the only attack we have that can actually hit anything. Personally id rather just have standing 2 work like its supposed to, but then what in this game really works like its supposed to?
    Solid, Bidu, Panque and 1 other person like this.
  7. Panque

Panque Random foreign guy

There is nothing I hate more than getting full-combo punished for the only reliable move I have.
    Bidu likes this.
  8. Bidu

Bidu Active Member

PSN:
    FabioBidu
    Not many things. And that's why MK will never be as competitive as SSF4AE and/or KOF XIII in my point of view. Don't get me wrong, I love MK. But this is a fact, the game needs better programmers and developers .
    Solid likes this.
  9. Fatality_check

Fatality_check Never Gonna Give

I use d4 on cross ups a fair bit anyway, as dodgy as it may be lol
  10. Bidu

Bidu Active Member

PSN:
    FabioBidu
    You don't get it. If you try to D4 and your opponent jumps making your D4 whiffs you're literally fucked and eating a full combo.
  11. Fatality_check

Fatality_check Never Gonna Give

I do get it, chill out. I do use d4 on cross ups a bit and yes it does fuck you over if you completely miss time it. I just don't use it all the time. I agree in that 2 hitting mid for everyone is what is most needed.
  12. Panque

Sometimes I want a low starter lol
  13. Seapeople

Seapeople This one's for you

Anyone know if you have time to use 4 after b121? It's only 3 frames slower than f4 so it's probably fine. Reason I might do this is because it's random advantage, although Somberness or someone will eventually have to confirm exactly how much advantage.
  14. Bidu

Bidu Active Member

PSN:
    FabioBidu
    Yah, tell me about it... >_<
  15. salvificblood

salvificblood Worst Sub-Zero Ever Premium Supporter

Yep, fix the standing 2. I didn't stand up for the reset when NRS were planning to remove it, but this is an issue I am going to keep repeating. Fix the standing 2. Sub-Zero is incredibly diminished by this single issue.
    Since when was this a thread about how Tom Brady compares to other players? I don't understand why you made this post. This thread is here to discuss ways to improve Sub-Zero's pressure, especially against low hitboxes. We all know the roadmap for playing the character and I am pretty sure I've caught people in more abstract corner setups than you've thought of but what relevance does that have to this thread? For a start, what are you going to do, and I mean really do, to take a character like Kitana to the corner. Do you even know how you'd begin to approach such a matchup with Sub-Zero?
    Bidu and Dark_Rob like this.
  16. Dark_Rob

Ever thought about being a mod? lol
    I usually approach this matchup by thinking "Fuck, not this bitch again."
    Bidu likes this.
  17. Panque

ROFLMAO!

So funny yet so true.
  18. NRF CharlieMurphy

I've always wondered why... Skarlets slide... not the dash but the actual attack... her hit box is the ENTIRE body... why can't Sub be that way? The amount of times i've "hit" someone with my head and it not count is beyond belief.
    Bidu likes this.
  19. salvificblood

Lol, Kitana is also made more annoying by the fact she sounds more annoying than even Liu Kang when she's hitting you and throwing fans. I want my headset on permanent mute when it comes to playing against Kitana, lol.
  20. Dark_Rob

I think it used to be that way. I can remember hitting opponents out of the air with the back of Subzeros neck with the slide during the early days of this game. I think NRS has probably only told us about half of the nerfs they have really done to Subzero.

NRS is probably afraid to tell us everything, lest all Subzero players storm the gates of NRS and do Ed Boon like the French did Louis XVI
    salvificblood and Truth like this.
  21. NRF CharlieMurphy

Soooo.... yeahhhhhhh.
    Dark_Rob likes this.
  22. salvificblood

I hope you're paying very close attention, Mr Boon... very close attention. *all in a Mr Burns' accent*.