What's new

Breakthrough - Kano FINALLY, The Kano Community Speaks Up. Save Kano's Relevance With Needed Fixes And Reasonable Buffs

gibster13

A fan of fans
I agree with the cutthroat and commando but hell no for the cybernetic buffs. B1 would be pre Patch raiden f1. His knifes are insane as they are. Imo

I agree with the cutthroat and commando but hell no for the cybernetic buffs. B1 would be pre Patch raiden f1. His knifes are insane as they are. Imo
People on the kano forums dont like knives, no matter how good they are. they just wanna hit you on the head. :DOGE

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Mid B1 is such an over-the-top wishful thinking buff. The only thing I want is to lessen recovery frames, but that's not something that's desperately needed. Just a vanity change. When it comes to knives, it's an opinion of a large group that the Cybernetic EX knives just get a few more plus frames on block. Not enough to be even current Kung Lao or Shinnok, but more so it's not as easy to armor through the next set of pressure. Another group wants less pushback on EX High knives, so cutthroat can continue their pressure with an OH/L mixup(Which would automatically lead to a pressure/grab mixup on Commando).

People on the kano forums dont like knives, no matter how good they are. they just wanna hit you on the head. :DOGE
When has a knife ever killed anyone? Never, that's when. Now a well placed bonk on the noggin? That'll take down even the mightiest of Kombatants

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm hoping for a patch that will break commando. Make choke plus. Give him tick off of b13. Make his variation string pop up with meter burn.

That kinda stuff. Make him break top tier ribs and eat them for dinner.

I'm hoping for a patch that will break commando. Make choke plus. Give him tick off of b13. Make his variation string pop up with meter burn.

That kinda stuff. Make him break top tier ribs and eat them for dinner.
what would make him really good but still reasonable would be more reward from the parry, like popup on MB.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Definitely not forgetting. Some characters have strong mixups that don't involve the OH/Low 50/50, it's just that Kano isn't one of them. On paper or in theory he should have good non OH/Low types of mixups, but in practice he doesn't. Look at the gameplay of MKX, then look at the characters in MKX, then look at Kano's mixup game. As far as mixups are concerned, he's likely Bottom 3 attempting not to be the worst. I can't think of 3 characters with worse mixup games than Kano.
How does he not? Staggered blockstring mixups are used all the time because they're good, just not traditional. Tick throws are used a bunch as well. As for three characters with worse mixup games I'd say maybe Kitana, Goro, Jason, Johnny and possibly even Kenshi and Kung Lao all have a worse mixup game than Kano.

Dean

On The Grind
How does he not? Staggered blockstring mixups are used all the time because they're good, just not traditional. Tick throws are used a bunch as well. As for three characters with worse mixup games I'd say maybe Kitana, Goro, Jason, Johnny and possibly even Kenshi and Kung Lao all have a worse mixup game than Kano.
I will give you Goro and Kitana.

Jason, Johnny, and KL have a way better mixup game then Kano. Its not even close man.

I don't know enough about Kenshi to make a claim for him either way.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Jason, Johnny, and KL have a way better mixup game then Kano. Its not even close man.

I've been playing Jason since he's been released. Jasons mixup game is weak sauce man. The best mixup he has is in Relentless/Unstoppable where you need to guess is he's going to tick throw or not.

Dean

On The Grind
I've been playing Jason since he's been released. Jasons mixup game is weak sauce man. The best mixup he has is in Relentless/Unstoppable where you need to guess is he's going to tick throw or not.
Ok, I will admit Jason is on about the same struggle as Kano in this regard. I probably shouldn't have grouped Jason in with Johnny and KL.

Scott The Scot

Ok, I will admit Jason is on about the same struggle as Kano in this regard. I probably shouldn't have grouped Jason in with Johnny and KL.
That's the thing, it's not really a struggle. It's just information that I have in my head when playing Jason - that's his tools, I learn to use them and condition my opponent etc to make sure they hit and I read correctly.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
jason has f3 and f4
its not the best but it is something
kano has nothing

jason has better tick options too
jason has better juggles too midscreem

Scott The Scot

jason has f3 and f4
its not the best but it is something
kano has nothing

jason has better tick options too
jason has better juggles too midscreem
F3 and F4? The online tactics are real. :DOGE
I didn't compare Kano and Jason at all. I'm only talking about Jason's mixup game so your point isn't valid to what I'm actually discussing.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
F3 and F4? The online tactics are real. :DOGE
I didn't compare Kano and Jason at all. I'm only talking about Jason's mixup game so your point isn't valid to what I'm actually discussing.
online tatics lol
this is a kano thread so im srry for assuming it was related to kano
yes jason mixups are pretty weak but compared to kano they are beautiful

ando1184

Noob
Why does everyone think that going back to prepatch b1 would really break Kano and send him flying through the tier list? Prepatch b1 always could have been armored through, wasn't part of some + crazy frames loop, or chipped the opponent out to death. Now after all these patches we have KL, Raiden, LK, EB, Shinnok, Quan Chi, and many others that still can do all of that stuff, maybe even more.

Scott The Scot

Why does everyone think that going back to prepatch b1 would really break Kano and send him flying through the tier list? Prepatch b1 always could have been armored through, wasn't part of some + crazy frames loop, or chipped the opponent out to death. Now after all these patches we have KL, Raiden, LK, EB, Shinnok, Quan Chi, and many others that still can do all of that stuff, maybe even more.
I hate the common formula that everyone follows of "this list of characters have these very strong tools therefore my character should have it." Stahp.

ando1184

Noob
I hate the common formula that everyone follows of "this list of characters have these very strong tools therefore my character should have it." Stahp.
I'm not saying that Kano doesn't have good pressure or tools so give it to em bc X character has them . My statement is asking, why is it such a big no no of a suggestion when characters across the board have shit like that already, that's actually much better too? Oh and please spell STOP like this, "stahp" looks more like you failed at an acronym or something.

Scott The Scot

I'm not saying that Kano doesn't have good pressure or tools so give it to em bc X character has them . My statement is asking, why is it such a big no no of a suggestion when characters across the board have shit like that already, that's actually much better too? Oh and please spell STOP like this, "stahp" looks more like you failed at an acronym or something.
You don't internet much, do you?

gibster13

A fan of fans
Do people not realise how good Kano actually is ? I agree with his glitches needing to be fixed.

Commando needs something yes, I agree.perhaps tic throw off b13?
Cutthroat his b1 needs to be better but nothing else
Cybernetic needs nothing. Are you mad ? People need to realise his knifes are amazing. Fast start up and good recovery. Lead to pressure and they are MID !! His ex knifes are even plus I mean what else do you want ? He is a threat but the people who can't be arsed to work for a game and instead want 100% unblockables want him to be broken. Agree or disagree ?

Error

DF2+R2
Pre patch b1 can stay gone because it was+2 when it was meants to be 0, idk why they went the extra inch and made it -2 though.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
what do you mean, cancel a whiffed roll on block? i dont get it.
lol woahhh, I guess I had a few more drinks than I thought. Let me clear this up. I meant, is it safe to whiff the first initial hit, then to cancel it with d,d. Say you wake up with EX Kano Ball and hold the ball (teehee), the first hit whiffs because they walked back, and you don't wanna just let the ball rip for fear of having it blocked and punished, so you d,d, cancel. Are you safe to whiff punishing?

The whole cancel on block I have no idea wtf I was talking about.... that will remain a mystery, because I'm pretty sure you can't cancel the ball on block.

I think the point I was trying to make was why do you prefer the d,d cancel as opposed to doing a f,f,run cancel?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Jason? Really? I mean in Slasher yeah there's the obvious oh/low but what else? I mean his tick throws are a thing but Commando Kano has that too. Johnny's can be fuzzy guarded and KL is only really in Buzzsaw.
Yoooooooooo!!!! Youph Yoo man!!! Wtf?!? Nooooooooo! NOOOO!

I'M TALKING ABOUT IN GENERAL NOT JUST IN BUZZSAW #BibleThump

lol woahhh, I guess I had a few more drinks than I thought. Let me clear this up. I meant, is it safe to whiff the first initial hit, then to cancel it with d,d. Say you wake up with EX Kano Ball and hold the ball (teehee), the first hit whiffs because they walked back, and you don't wanna just let the ball rip for fear of having it blocked and punished, so you d,d, cancel. Are you safe to whiff punishing?

The whole cancel on block I have no idea wtf I was talking about.... that will remain a mystery, because I'm pretty sure you can't cancel the ball on block.

I think the point I was trying to make was why do you prefer the d,d cancel as opposed to doing a f,f,run cancel?
i like it more because it is safer than commmitting to a dash, in terms of recovery as well as spacing. i dont believe it can be punished on reaction, only on read. also kanos huge dashes would put you either too close or too far i guess.