What's new

Breakthrough - Kano FINALLY, The Kano Community Speaks Up. Save Kano's Relevance With Needed Fixes And Reasonable Buffs

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Seriously though... When would it have been a good time to use AA Laser? The move needs tweaking if any cyber players want to bother using it :(

Right after that guy said "FINISH HIM". And Flappy, they should just get rid of it entirely, replacing it with something else.

And for Kano Buffaroonies, I still am of the belief that Commando should have an entirely new string(or juggle starter) tied to F2 or B2. I'd say make it an unsafe overhead, a la Raiden's but we live in a world of option selects where that would just become F/B2xxChoke. EDIT: This was not saying Commando needs an overhead. I was just saying that if you made it an juggle, it "should" be the aforementioned unsafe overhead

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Right after that guy said "FINISH HIM". And Flappy, they should just get rid of it entirely, replacing it with something else.

And for Kano Buffaroonies, I still am of the belief that Commando should have an entirely new string(or juggle starter) tied to F2 or B2. I'd say make it an unsafe overhead, a la Raiden's but we live in a world of option selects where that would just become F/B2xxChoke. EDIT: This was not saying Commando needs an overhead. I was just saying that if you made it an juggle, it "should" be the aforementioned unsafe overhead
I'm gonna pocket Cyber and try Commando at my next local. Gotta prepare for any wishes that may come true and.. well who knows if NRS doesn't feel the need to touch him, Kano will be an underdog.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So now that the patch is out, and Kano didn't get his rightful overbearing Banesque buff that we were all crying for, what do we do now?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I think they take more time thinking about buffs and nerfs then everybody thinks. It's delicate shit, especially for the "mid tiers" like our boy here. Give it time. I just Went even in a set (5-5) against our local Tanya, she's a lot more manageable now, but she still has good tools. I used commando the whole time, he was kobu. (it was online though too)

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
I think they take more time thinking about buffs and nerfs then everybody thinks. It's delicate shit, especially for the "mid tiers" like our boy here. Give it time. I just Went even in a set (5-5) against our local Tanya, she's a lot more manageable now, but she still has good tools. I used commando the whole time, he was kobu. (it was online though too)
Learning new things everyday. Any footage of those kano vs tanya matches? Man I was having issues with Kitana's mournful jail trick upclose with the blades.. they nerfed it and Kano can get in that ass now. EASY

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
This was a patch literally because of CEO. Don't get too upset about nothing happening with Kano. Personally whether he gets buffed or not I don't care. Of course I would like him to be. But they need to be careful and not make him incredibly strong because its easy to do that.

Commando parries are an issue, some low hits are parried high, etc. Its pretty annoying.

I would like for up laser in cybernetic to have some kind of use as mentioned in the initial post. The only time you ever see that move is by accident or for a brutality.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
CEO patch was a letdown. I have my fingers crossed that they just didn't have enough time to properly address Kano, especially the bugs. I swear if another patch drops around Tremor and not even the bugs are addressed I'm going to lose it.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
CEO patch was a letdown. I have my fingers crossed that they just didn't have enough time to properly address Kano, especially the bugs. I swear if another patch drops around Tremor and not even the bugs are addressed I'm going to lose it.
This WAS the tremor patch. it added Klassic Ermac, the Klassic Pack 2, and the extra fatalities

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
It better not be, NRS better not be doing their lazy shit towards the end again....
I certainly expect another balance patch later, but that patch unlocked the hidden files that would unlock for the Tremor update.

Then again, I am of the belief that there will be two Kombat Packs.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
People worry about patches too much there are 70+ variations to look at and Kano players were sleeping in their beds while everyone else got in line. It's going to be awhile but I don't think he will or anyone else will remain untouched.

Death

Noob
Kano secret Top Tier for the games lifespan while actual Top Tiers run Top 8's confirmed.
The game has been out for 2 months and there has been like 3 patches. Hardly a life span. I'm not going to pretend like he is top 5/10 but he is definitely viable. Dont pretend like that EX upball didnt do much.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The game has been out for 2 months and there has been like 3 patches. Hardly a life span. I'm not going to pretend like he is top 5/10 but he is definitely viable. Dont pretend like that EX upball didnt do much.
I don't mean current lifespan, I mean future lifespan. He's type of character people say is good who don't main him without ever actually been good, or without ever being picked up by most Top players for that exact reason.

As far as EX Upball goes, just crouch block without stepping on his foot. Full combo punish. In theory it's good, in practice it isn't.

ando1184

Noob
Ex upball did do something, it gave us false hope. On paper it looks like an improvement yes, but in game it's one of the biggest bills we have gotten from NRS patch history. As SaltShaker stated, it's safety is nullified by something as simple as crouch blocking. Do your homework bud.

I request a nerf for kano in ciber variation and is removing uplaser this move sometimes just screw u when you do exball-cancel and go for b312 is so annoying and useless. and also, I don't see any patch comming till evo ends after is gonna be tremor time for get normalize at least i see 2 or 3 more patches comming if they really wanna maintain this game alive.