What's new

Final Round 19 MKXL Top 8 Is Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
MKXL at Final Round 19 is down to the Final 8 kombatants!! After a long hard fought battle, only cR SonicFox, tUNP Drol, cR Dragon, YOMI Slayer, YOMI DJT, Coosco, Vgp Ominous & YOMI Michaelangelo remain!! Here is how the Top 8 will play out:

Winner's Side:
cR SonicFox vs tUNP Drol
YOMI Slayer vs cR Dragon

Loser's Side:
YOMI Michaelangelo vs Coosco
YOMI DJT vs Vgp Ominous

Top 8 is set for approx. 6pm EST & will be stream on https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky & so make sure you check out the action!!!

Re-edited/Re-Re-Promoted by TS :coffee:

Attachments

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Final Round 19 will be happening this weekend, and with that comes the first ridiculously stacked MKXL Major ever! Notable players include Team YOMI, Team cR, Team uA, Khaotic clan stepping offline, Kinetic stepping offline, Kitana Prime, Pig of The Hut, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Big E Langston, and many more!!! There are over 170 people PREREGISTERED!!! And YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY! The New Day WILL be at Final Round!!! Be sure to check out this thread for the full pools list: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkxl-pools-for-final-round-19.59375/

Stream Schedule (ALL TIMES EST)

Friday: MKX Teams from 6 PM until they finish on www.Twitch.TV/KombatNetwork

Saturday: MKX Singles from 4-6 PM. MKX Semi Finals from 6-10 PM on www.Twitch.TV/KombatNetwork
Sunday: Schedule to be decided.

Full schedule can be found here: http://finalround.org/FinalRoundSchedule.xlsx, or in Florida, depending on how you read this sentence.

Wait so my pool w KP is not streamed at all?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Wait wait wait........is this true? Why in the world would they schedule the streaming like this? Sometimes it's hard to refute that there is some kind of stigma towards NRS games where it gets treated like a second class citizen, despite it's popularity.

I really hope some independent streamer figures out a way to make a stream of all of the pools happen. At the very least, maybe someone can take some high quality recording gear (I'm not talking handheld cellphone footy here...) and upload the pools. I mean, fucking Tekken Tag Tournament? Give me a fucking break. I got no issue with GG or TTT or Marvel, they have their communities, but it's not like there is a lack of people who want to host streams for MK. Goddammit.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Wait wait wait........is this true? Why in the world would they schedule the streaming like this? Sometimes it's hard to refute that there is some kind of stigma towards NRS games where it gets treated like a second class citizen, despite it's popularity.

I really hope some independent streamer figures out a way to make a stream of all of the pools happen. At the very least, maybe someone can take some high quality recording gear (I'm not talking handheld cellphone footy here...) and upload the pools. I mean, fucking Tekken Tag Tournament? Give me a fucking break. I got no issue with GG or TTT or Marvel, they have their communities, but it's not like there is a lack of people who want to host streams for MK. Goddammit.
Final round has always been Tekken heavy. That has always been the case.

Cashual

Final round has always been Tekken heavy. That has always been the case.
That doesn't in anyway explain why MKX would be so marginalized. GGXRD? Marvel? I don't imagine that those games have more entrants than MKX ( don't know for sure, but given what the entrants have been at other big tournaments it's a fair assumption), nor do they command a larger viewership. Besides, this isn't a matter of either/or, why not stream them all? To focus on the fact that I happened to mention TTT is to miss the forest for the trees. The fact is that MKX is the biggest fighting game after SF and Smash, no question, and it's being given a backseat role is a damn shame and a huge bummer to me. I'm hyped to watch as much highlevel play as possible, and this is an antihype move any way you slice it.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
That doesn't in anyway explain why MKX would be so marginalized. GGXRD? Marvel? I don't imagine that those games have more entrants than MKX ( don't know for sure, but given what the entrants have been at other big tournaments it's a fair assumption), nor do they command a larger viewership. Besides, this isn't a matter of either/or, why not stream them all? To focus on the fact that I happened to mention TTT is to miss the forest for the trees. The fact is that MKX is the biggest fighting game after SF and Smash, no question, and it's being given a backseat role is a damn shame and a huge bummer to me. I'm hyped to watch as much highlevel play as possible, and this is an antihype move any way you slice it.
I was just commenting on the tekken part. I agree with you. I think the real question mark here is why Kombat Network is not prioritizing Kombat games. That could very well not be their decision though. Who knows.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

To be fair, like the other guy said, Final Round has a history of being a big Tekken major. But stream time should at least be somewhat proportional to how many people are showing up there, not to mention it being the first major to show MKXL and a lot of people want to see it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, while not related to the stream, can we talk about how they're starting at 2pm and planning on going through 16 pools with over 170 people in 4 hours? When's the last time that's worked? They better be like evo-level in amount of setups and organization

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I like watching pools as a whole just as much as top 8. You get to root for lesser known players you come across online and it's good for the community to see the skill level needed to do ok at a tourny. Most people don't go to win but fear of flying across the country to go 0-2 keeps people at home. Pools show everyone an obtainable goal.

Cashual

To be fair, like the other guy said, Final Round has a history of being a big Tekken major. But stream time should at least be somewhat proportional to how many people are showing up there, not to mention it being the first major to show MKXL and a lot of people want to see it.
That's cool, I can dig that, I suppose I just chose poorly in my example, and I wasn't really aware of the link between Tekken and Final Round. It's cool Tekken has a platform like this, I'm really just bummed that a fairly new game–coming off of a big DLC/patch–is sort of getting shafted from how it looks.

And, I agree with you 100%. You would just think in this day and age with the proliferation of streaming, and the popularity of gaming in general, it'd be a no-brainer to want to provide as much content as possible, particularly for a very popular game like MK.

Excuse the salt and misdirected hostility, I'm just bummed.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The issue isn't just the 172 pre-reg, or the fact that MKX is a consistent Top2/Top3 game in the FGC now. It's also that this is the first major for Mortal Kombat XL, a game which is not only adding 4 brand new characters, but also a rebalance to the entire cast that everyone is waiting to see.

This is our equivalent of AE or Ultra -- it's a big deal, and this is the first stage for it. A lot of people made their way out to be there.

Tekken's a given in ATL, but Xrd, DOA and Marvel are also logging a lot more stream time in pools. So it's not a Tekken-related issue.

I'm not one for wanting a community to sound 'entitled'; but at the same time, this isn't a situation like late in MK9's life with 56 entrants begging for stream time. This is a tournament with what will likely be close to 200 entrants day of, with a major new patch, an entirely new version of the game.

If you complain about it, it becomes "oh those crazy MK guys, they're always complaining", but the obvious slight is obvious. And any game community pulling the same number of entrants would raise similar issues.

Last edited:

Cashual

The issue isn't just the 172 pre-reg, or the fact that MKX is a consistent Top2/Top3 game in the FGC now. It's also that this is the first major for Mortal Kombat XL, a game which is not only adding 4 brand new characters, but also a rebalance to the entire cast that everyone is waiting to see.

This is our equivalent of AE or Ultra -- it's a big deal, and this is the first stage for it. A lot of people made their way out to be there.

Tekken's a given in ATL, but Xrd, DoA and Marvel are also logging a lot more stream time in pools. So it's not a Tekken-related issue.

I'm not one for wanting a community to sound 'entitled'; but at the same time, this isn't a situation like lake in MK9's life with 56 entrants begging for stream time. This is a tournament with what will likely be close to 200 entrants day of, with a major new patch, an entirely new version of the game.

If you complain about it, it becomes "oh those crazy MK guys, they're always complaining", but the obvious slight is obvious. And any game community pulling the same number of entrants would raise similar issues.
This 100%.

Will MKX be 3 out of 5? I sure hope so. It always seems to run on time when they do it that way anyhow even before they shortened the timer in XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.