What's new

FGC Need Your Prayers

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Really sorry man. I'm super close to my dad and can't imagine what you're going through. Please try to keep us updated at your convenience

Thanks to everyone here in this community, this is why i love this community, its truly like family, we might argue, and have our differences, but in times like these were here for one another, i come to this hospital and i get down in my thoughts with everything thats going, but then i come here and see the love and support that im getting from u guys and i cant help but get a smile on my face, from the bottom of my heart i truly thank u guys.

Update: They are moving my dad to another location so they can better monitor his brain activity, hes had a couple of seizures the doctors say thats a good thing and bad thing, the good thing is that its an indication that hes not brain dead and the brain is functioning, hes paralyzed from the medicines they have been giving him and is still in hypothermia ICU so they cant tell off back when he has his seizures because of the paralysis, so they are moving him to the neurological center so they can monitor his brain activity 24hrs round clock, there is brain damage but to what extent they dont know yet, they will be able to tell later on down the road. But he is in stable condition better improved from earlier but we still have a long way to go....

I worry about my Dad everyday too, I wish I can do more for him, he's had health problems in the past with Ulcers and other things, and the man is working at 56 labor jobs because of the shit economy and system, I hope the best for you and your father.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
cuban how long was ur fam out after their heart attack i just visited my dad and i was not even prepared like i thought i was, i almost broke down, fkn tubes and shit god man, this shit fkn sucks man, i did not wanna leave my dads side but the medical team had to run test, hes not even fkn breathing on his own, i hate this shit man. They say he was without oxygen to the brain for 15 minutes plus he had a couple of strokes but im still not giving up i want to believe he will pull through this, he just has to!
My uncle was without oxygen to the brain for about 10 minutes and he had virtually no brain damage after all was said and done. The human body and spirit are amazing things man. You just gotta trust the doctors man, and be there for you and your family. He can pull through this brother, I know he can.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Scar there's nothing that can I say to express how sorry I am about your father D: trust me I know nothing is worst than to see someone you care about in a bad spot but you gotta stay strong all the way bro. I'm hoping and praying that your dad pulls through all this and makes it back on his feet

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Stay positive Scar!! Stand strong and dont give up, stay focus dont let pessimism overcomes you, you're a good guy and I'm sure your dad is proud of you, so now forget about other things and stay close to your father, never let the hope fade. :).

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Let me tell you something man, even though I am currently a resident in critical care and see this stuff everyday, sometimes 16 hours a day or more, nothing will ever prepare you for having your own family member being critically ill.

My dad became sick two years ago. He had cholecystitis, sepsis, bi-lateral lung pneumonia with two separate bacterias, two heart attacks, dehydration, kidney failure, developed an abscess in his small intestine. . He had naso-gastric tubes, t-tubes, incubated on a ventilator, Jackson-prat drainage tube for the abscess, central line in his neck and femoral line to run fluids and antibiotics.

I see this shit everyday and I broke down crying because seeing my father like this was horrible and I couldn't even think.

They tried weaning him off the ventilator after three days and he didn't respond too good. The next day I got a call from the attending (also a close friend of mine) that he pulled his own endotracheal tube out and was breathing fine on his own. He recovered after a month in the hospital but man was it a rough road.

I know it hard to see all of the tubes, wires, etc but it is only helping him in the long run. Even though he is on a ventilator, that doesn't necessarily mean he can't breathe completely on his own, just that he needs more oxygen than what he can take in right now with his decreased heart function.

I give you my best and I know it is hard for you man, but try to hang in there.

I have seen a lot of things happen in critical care and even us as medical professionals felt like their wasn't anything else we could do. But in the end it worked out fine in a lot of cases.

God bless.

Scar, I'm terribly sorry this had to happen. My dad means so much to me as well; I worry for his well being every day and pray for his safety from all negative aspects.
I cried while I was reading your post, and all I can say is your father will make it through this.

It isn't his time to go; just a little more and he will be back with you and your family again.
You're a great person as well Scar, and it kills me to know that you and your family have to go through this.
It's not going to be easy emotionally, but hang in there.
We're all here for you.
Prayers to him; he will recover with time.

Stay strong.

peachyO

Noob

i am truly praying for you and your family. i know exactly how you feel; my mother has suffered two strokes and stage 3 cancer in the last year; each day is touch and go. but, like my mama, i'm betting your dad is a tough old bird who won't go down easy. he will pull through, just don't give up. you were raised to be a strong man, and now is the time to be just that. hang tough, and help your dad kick some ass so you can take him home. xoxoxo

FCP/EMP SCAR, just checking in to see how your Dad is doing. Been thinking about you guys--
thanks for ur concern my brother, hes still fighting and they still have him on life support, they took him out of his hypothermia state and thy have now warmed his body back up, the doctors are pleased with the current condition of his heart, main concern now is my fathers brain and how much this has impacted it, they are still watching him and his brain activity round clock, just keep him in your prayers for i believe in the power of it and i believe that its given him strength, meanwhile i will have to take my fathers position as head of household and take care of bills and other things while my old man is down...

peachyO

Noob
just checking in on you. still praying to God, Jesus, and invoking saint i know (i was raised Catholic and am latino, so i know a LOT of 'em) to pull him through and to strengthen you for the burdens you have had to assume. stand strong :)