What's new

Tech - Mileena F34~Telekick issue + MB U3 Glitch

Found both of these problems in training mode recently.

This video shows a hitbox problem with F34~Telekick. I found this by trying to do F34~EX TK to see if I could squeeze out a bit more damage since the nerf to F343. Basically this doesn't work at all midscreen. HOWEVER, if done in the corner it will connect, but on BIG characters only. I showcased just about every string into Telekick to prove it's only on this string that it gets blocked.

There are 2 solutions I see for this,
1. Increasing the hitstun on F34 by a frame or two.
2. Decrease the startup on Telekick/EX Telekick by a frame or two.

Obviously the latter would also benefit her on a couple other combo conversions as well.

This is... hell if I know.
Seems like after MB U3 lands, FerraTorr is forced into some kind of autoblock state? No idea how this is triggered, I saw it once before in an online match, but this is the most consistent.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i experienced that F34xxTelekick thing on my own a while back. never knew why it happened. thanks for clarifying.

that bug with the U3 MB is fucked lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't think the F34 Telekick is a problem, a simple explanation would be that midscreen when the string hits the opponent is pushed back a little so tele kick has to travel a bit more to connect, but there isn't enough advantage so the opponent will block. In the corner there's no pushback so there's a frame or two less traveling time for the telekick (more so for big hitbox characters), so it connects.

That MB U3 bug is LOL though.

I don't think the F34 Telekick is a problem, a simple explanation would be that midscreen when the string hits the opponent is pushed back a little so tele kick has to travel a bit more to connect, but there isn't enough advantage so the opponent will block. In the corner there's no pushback so there's a frame or two less traveling time for the telekick, so it connects.
Exactly, which is a problem, lol. That's why I figured the solutions I mentioned would solve this.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The MB U3 is ANOTHER bug, truly not surprising at all at this point.

While the f34~telekick SUCKS, it isn't a bug exactly. She only has 21 frames of cancel advantage on hit and like I mentioned in the thread below and others, telekick gains frames till impact based on height and distance; crouching/smaller hitboxes gaining anywhere from 1-4 additional frames.

Mil's Frame Data:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mileena-frame-data-chart.56314/

The MB U3 is ANOTHER bug, truly not surprising at all at this point.

While the f34~telekick SUCKS, it isn't a bug exactly. She only has 21 frames of cancel advantage on hit and like I mentioned in the thread below and others, telekick gains frames till impact based on height and distance; crouching/smaller hitboxes gaining anywhere from 1-4 additional frames.

Mil's Frame Data:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mileena-frame-data-chart.56314/
Yeah. I never said it was a bug, just that it's a problem that should be addressed.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Yeah. I never said it was a bug, just that it's a problem that should be addressed.
Ehhhh, I can live with telekick not connecting since its almost never gonna happen and you get more mileage out out the full f343 if hit confirmed. I just wish they'd remove the frames of nothingness when she's in the ground and just chilling there waiting to get hit -___-

Ehhhh, I can live with telekick not connecting since its almost never gonna happen and you get more mileage out out the full f343 if hit confirmed. I just wish they'd remove the frames of nothingness when she's in the ground and just chilling there waiting to get hit -___-
Well, it's just one of a few reasons why I think Telekick should have a couple frames shaved off the startup. Not too much, but slightly faster than its current form. You yourself already know about the other inconsistencies with B3~TK and Jumpkick~TK mid combo.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Well, it's just one of a few reasons why I think Telekick should have a couple frames shaved off the startup. Not too much, but slightly faster than its current form. You yourself already know about the other inconsistencies with B3~TK and Jumpkick~TK mid combo.
Yeah, I think its the frames when she's in the ground. That's 3-4 frames less overall to take care of all the above AND not getting punished for an already obvious, crap-tracking, unsafe as hell special.

So apparently there have been other examples of this "auto stand block" state mid combo with other characters. I wonder what causes it though.