What's new

Exclusive: First Hands-on Look at PDP's Xbox Controller for Mortal Kombat X

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
You mean fightstick ? I thought those weren't optimal for MK. IAFs and instant divekicks are apparently very hard to do with those. Of course MKX may not have any and not all characters have them anyway.
Well yea they might be hard but not impossible bro .
I play fighting games on arcade stick only so i am used to hard stuff like iSW or WD for tekken.
It takes time and practice to get it done though no doubt about it. But i have so much more fun using stick instead of a pad. Well i rly want to play mkx on stick only :(

Cerebru

Noob
D-Pad Arguments!!! Its the patched Marvel Controller!!! The buttons were fine very responsive (stick like) mine still works ... the only thing I wished at the time was for a actual D-Pad... IT BETTER WORK after waiting for years since its original request MVC3 or else I will be using the PS2 pad

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
D-Pad Arguments!!! Its the patched Marvel Controller!!! The buttons were fine very responsive (stick like) mine still works ... the only thing I wished at the time was for a actual D-Pad... IT BETTER WORK after waiting for years since its original request MVC3 or else I will be using the PS2 pad
I feel ya. When MVC3 came out I was gonna get it all and that 6 button pad had me hype with the extended handle allowing for players to overhand style piano the attack buttons for stuff like plink and wavedashing. However, that stick killed that dream and ever since then every time I saw a new iteration of that mistake marketed it was like a knife turning in me.

Now the ONE series left that I prefer to pad warrior is getting this pad with a dpad. I'm hyped.

DeathTouch

Iceman
Nice... I'll be getting these. Always good to have spare pads around for people.
You think those Controllers for Xbox or PS will be compatible for PC version of MK X and do you know for a fact if the PC version will come out april 14th like on consoles ?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
will this work on PC version for MK X ?
Since it has a switch on it to flip between Xbox One and 360 I would assume so because PC games are already built with the 360 drivers in mind. Hard to find a PC title that wont use a 360 pad.

d3v

SRK
With it being 360 and one compatible, shouldn't that mean it should be easy to get 360 sticks to work on the one? I wasn't aware this was possible yet. If anyone could shed light on that for me I'd be very grateful.
Originally, Microsoft did not allow 360 and One compatibility on the same PCB/controller (confirmed this with Mark from MadCatz). When Sony went ahead and allowed PS3 and PS4 compatibility on peripherals for their consoles, Microsoft up and reversed their stance.

Won't matter much though since FGC is going to PS4 this gen outside of KI.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Originally, Microsoft did not allow 360 and One compatibility on the same PCB/controller (confirmed this with Mark from MadCatz). When Sony went ahead and allowed PS3 and PS4 compatibility on peripherals for their consoles, Microsoft up and reversed their stance.

Won't matter much though since FGC is going to PS4 this gen outside of KI.
Thanks. Being a halo fan I'd have to get the one over ps4 anyway though

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Welp guess I found the possible cheaper alternative until the inevitable duel mod sticks get finally made for X1 and PS4.

Cerebru

Noob
I feel ya. When MVC3 came out I was gonna get it all and that 6 button pad had me hype with the extended handle allowing for players to overhand style piano the attack buttons for stuff like plink and wavedashing. However, that stick killed that dream and ever since then every time I saw a new iteration of that mistake marketed it was like a knife turning in me.

Now the ONE series left that I prefer to pad warrior is getting this pad with a dpad. I'm hyped.
To say I feel your pain is an understatement, I think its hilarious how a companies continue to give us almost what we want ... but no more complaints, good bye to my ettoki converter if it works out nice, hello to inputs being completely lag free. Plus there won't be capcom characters on it mess in up my teleport vibe lol its ok remove the knife... The true pad is coming

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I'm actually pretty impressed by this pad. A lot of the decisions make sense and it looks cool. I 'm thinking of getting one just to try. Hopefully the durability is good. PDP has struggled with that in the past.