What's new

Exclusive: First Hands-on Look at PDP's Xbox Controller for Mortal Kombat X

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
With it being 360 and one compatible, shouldn't that mean it should be easy to get 360 sticks to work on the one? I wasn't aware this was possible yet. If anyone could shed light on that for me I'd be very grateful.
yeah you can just buy one of these pads and pop that pcb in the stick and you should be good to go

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They're about equal to me. Both not that great.
By both do you mean the PS2 and XB1 dpad? The XB1 dpad has more uses, as it's not specific to fighters, but the feel of it is really good. It's fluid, responsive, a good size, and even the click when you press it feels and sounds nice. I would prefer the PS2 pad for MK fighters though, but I haven't been able to test the XB1 pad on many fighters yet.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ps2 gives you more accurate inputs.
It's a good pad if you don't need to actually do diagonals. Otherwise, a connected d-pad is way better.

Floaty is all-around better than either connected or separated.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I don't understand why dpads aren't being made like playstation's. I need independent directional buttons please. These combined directional pads are trash, and always will be.
What I don't understand is why people are so fond of the D pad. The analog stick is so much more fun and for most games easier to use. I played MK9 with keyboard and some friends insisted that I learn to play with my logitech F710 (which I use for SFIV). Fine, so I go through hell to do that and then find out that those idiots all use the D pad. I'm sorry but why is a gamepad so different to a keyboard if you're not gonna use the analog stick ? The rest are just buttons. That it fits in your hands is not a good enough reason.

What I don't understand is why people are so fond of the D pad. The analog stick is so much more fun and for most games easier to use. I played MK9 with keyboard and some friends insisted that I learn to play with my logitech F710 (which I use for SFIV). Fine, so I go through hell to do that and then find out that those idiots all use the D pad. I'm sorry but why is a gamepad so different to a keyboard if you're not gonna use the analog stick ? The rest are just buttons. That it fits in your hands is not a good enough reason.
First of all that is good enough reason haha...secondly there isa huge difference in using a thumb for directions and using multiple fingers on a keyboard. It's a presence in the end. One is not better than the other. So I am not real sure why you gave a shit what your friends said.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I want a mk x stick :(
or at least a patch which allows me to use my good ol pdp stick.
How am i supposed to play without a stick:(

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Duuuuude!!!!! I've been wanting a 6 button faced controller with a good dpad since 2009! I'm so unbelievably hype right now!!!
Dude, I can't even!!!! I've been using the Madcatz fightpads bc they're the closest I could get, but I've been dying for someone to swap out that hockey puck for a real d-pad. This could be the one pad to rule them all, FINALLY.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I want a mk x stick :(
or at least a patch which allows me to use my good ol pdp stick.
How am i supposed to play without a stick:(
You mean fightstick ? I thought those weren't optimal for MK. IAFs and instant divekicks are apparently very hard to do with those. Of course MKX may not have any and not all characters have them anyway.

C-Sword

Noob
By both do you mean the PS2 and XB1 dpad? The XB1 dpad has more uses, as it's not specific to fighters, but the feel of it is really good. It's fluid, responsive, a good size, and even the click when you press it feels and sounds nice. I would prefer the PS2 pad for MK fighters though, but I haven't been able to test the XB1 pad on many fighters yet.
I hated the dpad on the Xbox One controller, couldn't play Killer Instinct with it, I stopped getting wrong inputs when I switched to a PS2 controller

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I'm waiting for the madcatz sfxt fightpad sd alike for the xbox one :D. or maybe the scuf disk pad. has anyone tried that for fighting games? would be great to have just one controller.