What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
OH SHIT, LMAO, the inputs reversed because the characters switched sides, they're all backwards I think.

I forgot the the movelists adapt to what side the characters are facing during pause.

Hades

Noob
So i played mk 9 very casually but whenever i played ermac was my go to character and he looks fucking insane. Can't wait to get this game and go all in on ermac!!

Shark Tank

So I believe I made a mistake that I just caught. Soul Burst I believe is a universal move, it is not replace by telekinetic push like I initially thought. In fact I'm not sure if lift actually replaces telekinetic slam.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Also I just watched the trailer again, and the trailer cuts when Ermac appears to be pulling out Subby's head. So that's most probably a spine rip out.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Im glad they kept the same input as MK9 for his specials. I'm hoping the X1 dpad wont be as shitty as X360 dpad too (it feels much better I must say)

Shark Tank

I wonder what his string look like. I need some long range tk poking action.

I wonder if mystic gives him some new strings. That unblockable move might be exclusive to mystic?

Some more thoughts

• Burst will probably be his best midscreen poke.
  • TK slam his go to anti-air, especially people jumping midscreen Closer range it might be d4 or upward soul burst
  • I̶f̶ ̶t̶k̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶M̶K̶9̶ ̶e̶r̶m̶a̶c̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶g̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶e̶d̶.̶
  • I lied about the above, I forgot dash blocking isn't in the game anymore so dash blocking doesn't kill him anymore
  • Master of souls might be his best space controlling variation solely because of soul ball lets him cover the whole screen whereas he forces you to react. Doing it in the air is a big +. Combined with wowwow he might a tough cookie to crack.
  • I'm also curious what happens when fully charged soulball hit's somebody in the air. Do you get a grounded stun?

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
OH SHIT, LMAO, the inputs reversed because the characters switched sides, they're all backwards I think.

I forgot the the movelists adapt to what side the characters are facing during pause.
Indeed it does, like injustice they tell you now which player is facing where and due to that the game automatically tells you the moves list based on which way you're facing :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I m hoping for an overhead combo starter move, but i dont see it happening. I think he has a low combo starter IIRC.

zaf

professor
I m hoping for an overhead combo starter move, but i dont see it happening. I think he has a low combo starter IIRC.
I seen an overhead in the stream. I think it was tyler who was playing him
He says "I should use some more overheads" as he proceeds to do it

Here is the video
go to 44:45

I'm excited for Ermac in this game, looks super good and awesome. Been one of my favs since the trilogy days so I gotta play him.

Looking forward to playing this dude and Cassie the most day 1 ^_^ Mainly gonna mess around with MoS and Spectral variations, since Mystic seems pretty straight-forward/classic Ermac moveset (still plan on learning all 3, obviously).

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Im curious about alt costumes for him since his model doesnt really fit the traditional MK1 style ninja outfit anymore. I guess he could still have it but he wont look as awesome as blue, yellow or green.

Status
Not open for further replies.