What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Huh..if that's convertible(looks like it should be), he's going to be nuts with meter.

You've got normal teleport, MB lift, full soul ball, and now MB soul blast. This means that with 2 bars he's got 4 potential combo extending special moves(which do seem to be necessary as his strings all seem to send people flying).
I know isn't it magnificent :D
My worry is that he gets nerfed early on because ppl start to bitch.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Well if u listen to all of the pre match conversations he basically says that he is still under his influence, arcade mode has nothing to do with the story.
That was just my attempt at rationalizing why Cyber Sub should be in MKX :(

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Did anyone else notice that his enhanced version of the Instant Air Soul Blast (Masters of Souls) actually pops up the opponent so you can continue with a combo?
EDIT: @Shark Tank , should we add this in the OP?
Check out the vid at 21:18

I mentioned it ground bounces

So I added his quick reference move list. I will correct the names of the moves and add the inputs when I get home from work...which is like 7 hours from now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
After rewatching the stream I have come to the conclusion WOWOUT is going to be a MAJOR tool. He can essentially bait and wiff punish everything with WOWOUT~Teleport D1. Pressuring the Master of Souls variation is going to be a nightmare.

@THTB I take back what I said about armor... with invincible backdashes and a move that makes him INVINCIBLE that he can ALSO cancel out of, I dont forsee him having an issue lol.

We might have just seen one of the best spacing characters in the game.... hmmmmm
I think Scorpion still think scorpion might be one of the best spacing characters revealed so far.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
After rewatching the stream I have come to the conclusion WOWOUT is going to be a MAJOR tool. He can essentially bait and wiff punish everything with WOWOUT~Teleport D1. Pressuring the Master of Souls variation is going to be a nightmare.
yea agreed. MoS is the first thing I'm going to learn. The options are amazing. Wowout, stun projectiles (that you can combo off) & Instant Soul Blasts (that can also be comboed off) make this a very strong style IMO.
I'm so pumped for this game wow!!!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Digging this dude, reminds me of raven.
not a huge fan of her levitate variation.
His appearance could be better, doesn't look as badass as lao,reptile or even Kitana

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac looks way more badass than KL lol. KL looks exactly the same except with a ponytail and some facial hair and little older. Ermac just looks fucking creepy lol.

While backdashes have invincibility armor I do think they said at one point his ex teleport has armor I thought they said at one point?

But anyway, I totally think the MoS style will be boss, and Mystic too. His last style Spectre I think will be the least used for obvious reasons. Seems fun but as they developers said, looks like it'll be the most mobile, all over the place style...

I think Ermac vs. Scorpion match ups will be interesting since both their teleports are fast.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Anyone else pissed about him getting his face out?

He looks like a whore

In all seriousness though, Ermac is a man of mystery. It's what's so appealing about him. He should never have his face visible in my opinion
I imagine him having a similar power to the mummy from the mummy series with Brandon Fraser where he starts off wrapped up and undead looking but the more souls he absorbs the more powerful he gets and more human he looks. He has thousands of souls including powerful souls like shao kahn so it would make more sense that he'd have a face.

Error

DF2+R2
But that's not even clever lol.
"Do you even lift" at least refers to a meme that although it has nothing to do with ermac applies really whimsically. "We wield the might of thousands" is just a quote from the video....
Do you even lift meme is older than most members here and has never been funny. And that's the point, it was a trend that started with Injustice with having gen discussion threads starting with one of the character's actual quotes.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Do you even lift meme is older than most members here and has never been funny. And that's the point, it was a trend that started with Injustice with having gen discussion threads starting with one of the character's actual quotes.
I dunno old or not, applying "Do you even lift" to a skinny ermac that can actually lift using TK is kinda fun lol
As for the Injustice thing, well let it stay in Injustice. MK > Injustice anyway:DOGE

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I dunno old or not, applying "Do you even lift" to a skinny ermac that can actually lift using TK is kinda fun lol
As for the Injustice thing, well let it stay in Injustice. MK > Injustice anyway:DOGE
Off topic: They already started the trend with MKX though. I guess in a way that makes the Ermac general discussion stick out. But I do concur with Error in using a line that Ermac actually says. Either way it beats the Kitana forum. :)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Off topic: They already started the trend with MKX though. I guess in a way that makes the Ermac general discussion stick out. But I do concur with Error in using a line that Ermac actually says. Either way it beats the Kitana forum. :)
Well that sucks :(
Kitana isnt so bad. What about Kung Lao "I now have a quarrel with you" LOL
What about for Ermac something like "Never Gonna Lift you Up - Ermac General Discussion" :DOGE

Shark Tank

No direct quotes. I lied about this being a democracy. However if any ones comes up with a Catchy joke nobody's thought of I'll get right on that. Actually check that, if he has a good quote in time I'll think about it. None of the ones I heard I like and are pretty dry in the context of a thread title.

Now it's time to edit.

SO I changed the names of hover to float, because hover is actually the vanilla name of levitiate. So I called his spectral version of levitate float.

Renamed other stuff and added inputs.

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
But that's not even clever lol.
"Do you even lift" at least refers to a meme that although it has nothing to do with ermac applies really whimsically. "We wield the might of thousands" is just a quote from the video....
That quote from the video sounds way more awesome and appealing than the lift meme. The title of other general discussion threads like 'pray for the khans mercy' and 'I will relieve you of your burden' put this thread to shame...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
That quote from the video sounds way more awesome and appealing...
...and also banal, like every attempt of making "badass boast" without alluding to anything, for example. Anything meta in this case since forum discussion isn't exactly in-universe thing.
Granted, existing title does indeed break existing tradition.
Whatever, it's just a part of the title, who cares.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
...and also banal, like every attempt of making "badass boast" without alluding to anything, for example. Anything meta in this case since forum discussion isn't exactly in-universe thing.
'Just part of the title'...obviously nothing discussed on tym is exactly of the upmost importance or significance but people debate everything on here. An opinions is an opinion and I'm allowed to share mine here on a relevant topic;this is after all just an ermac general thread and the lift meme was more focused on green lantern

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
'Just part of the title'...obviously nothing discussed on tym is exactly of the upmost importance or significance but people debate everything on here. An opinions is an opinion and I'm allowed to share mine here on a relevant topic;this is after all just an ermac general thread and the lift meme was more focused on green lantern
I say let's go crazy so that other members from other characters go "wtf" every time they come here.
How about "Pencils have a short life expectancy - Ermac General Discussion":DOGE

Hitoshura

Head Cage
His variations seem nice, but on paper Mystic seems to be his best. It gives Ermac zoning tools he has in MK9 and his teleslam now levitates the opponent for a free combo punish. That's pretty dope for someone who tries and jumps in on Ermac. In MK9 if one were to jump on Ermac they'd just eat a force push, but now they eat damage. His first variation seems cool. I like the idea of the orbs, but does it only affect his projectile move which he gains in that mode? If so, that variation seems a little silly. I like how his third variation seems to have flight mode. Are we going to see Magneto style combos with Ermac this game? Either way Ermac is going to be someone who I spend time with seeing as how there is a possibility my wraith may not be in this game.

Shark Tank

I wasn't aware that quotes being thread titles were a thing here. I thought people were just dry as fuck with their thread titles. Just seemed hella tacky to me. By the way the reptiles didn't do it either.

I'm currently brainstorming more updated jokes.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I wasn't aware that quotes being thread titles were a thing here. I thought people were just dry as fuck with their thread titles. Just seemed hella tacky to me. By the way the reptiles didn't do it either.
Well, maybe they were dry, maybe they were looking to conform with those who made it before, I don't know. It just looks like it eventually stuck.

Shark Tank

So float in spectral is actually called Soul Accession. That's gonna be hard to say. I honestly thought it was a typo of soul ascension(dictionary.com says they mean roughly the same thing, but they're spelled differently.)

If anyone can find out what Tk push is called in mystic I'll give you a free gif

Status
Not open for further replies.