What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup chart by Metzos

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
zaf, still waiting for your reply about which MU's you dont agree with my chart m8. Let me know plz. Also about Rain. In terms of dmg output they are equal. Both dont need meter to increase their dmg. So that means that Rain will only need meter for breaker, besides the armored moves and EX bubble. Also he can easily break Ermac's zoning by dash cancelling the armored RH kick. He can also do that when he is in Ermac's face and Ermac can do nothing about that, which, in combination with his crazy dmg output is scary. Rain IS scary up close if he is played correctly. He is kinda a nerfed version of Kabal imo. Also if you try and TKS Rain in sweep range you can get RH'ed if he decides to cancel his normals to it. RH is safe so he doesnt take any risks. Ermac does, big time, if TKS is blocked as we all know. Plus his down pokes and his normals in general, are at the same lvl as Ermac's. Last but not least : B2, 1+2 string is GODLIKE. Works great as an AA method, destroys down pokes, is safe and has great properties. So imo 5-5 because :

Fullscreen : Ermac wins.
Midscreen : Ermac wins.
Up close : Rain wins, cause he will eventually get in. Same with the CSZ explanation i gave a few posts back.

zaf

professor
If ermac wins full and mid screen he should win the mu then. Ive never had a problem keeping rain out and playing patiently. If it is 5-5 because rain might get in, then it should be 6 4 ermac.

Also for the mus, ill pm you soon.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
If ermac wins full and mid screen he should win the mu then. Ive never had a problem keeping rain out and playing patiently. If it is 5-5 because rain might get in, then it should be 6 4 ermac.

Also for the mus, ill pm you soon.
i agree to this his only way in is extele . you can d1 lift his regular tele. all he can do really is armor lighting, but that is a risk.

THEE ODINSON

ODINSON
I Think Ermac Has The Tools To Beat Sonya.. But You Have To Respect Her Every Move.. I Can Agree With This Being A 6-4 (Sonya) As For Rain It Is Seem More Like Ermacs Favor But I See This Being A 5-5 Match Up Because Rain Can Get In Very Fast After A TK Push..

Illmatix

I Think Ermac Has The Tools To Beat Sonya.. But You Have To Respect Her Every Move.. I Can Agree With This Being A 6-4 (Sonya) As For Rain It Is Seem More Like Ermacs Favor But I See This Being A 5-5 Match Up Because Rain Can Get In Very Fast After A TK Push..
ive been doing better against both, simply because i never reset them lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well if we go by the .5 system it is 5.5 - 4.5 in Ermac's favor. 6 - 4 Ermac is not out of the question ofc, but atm i dont see it. Even Hidan said to me its 6 - 4 Ermac, but i still have my doubts.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos what about kabal? how do you play that one?
Patience, patience, patience. Thats all i can say. To fight Kabal you must be on spot with everything you do and really count your moves. Full screen its easy, cause he cant zone Ermac with IaGB's because of Ermac's projectile. Midscreen Ermac wins for obvious reasons. You just need to watch out for any EX ND's cause they will blow TKP up. Up close Kabal wins, although REO made a video once regarding where you can interrupt Kabal during his NDC pressure. Need to find it though. As i have stated in my chart its 6-4 Kabal all the way. Some say its 7-3 Kabal but i find it doubtful. Its really sad that i havent had the chance to play Reo at all during all this time. I would have a much better understanding of the MU if i had. Another thing is that you can dash block to bait any incoming ND's or EX ND's Kabal does to get in. Dash block and punish the blocked ND accordingly.

Post edited.

Illmatix

Patience, patience, patience. Thats all i can say. To fight Kabal you must be on spot with everything you do and really count your moves. Full screen its easy, cause he cant zone Ermac with IaGB's because of Ermac's projectile. Midscreen Ermac wins for obvious reasons. You just need to watch out for any EX ND's cause they will blow TKP up. Up close Kabal wins, although REO made a video once regarding where you can interrupt Kabal during his NDC pressure. Need to find it though. As i have stated in my chart its 6-4 Kabal all the way. Some say its 7-3 Kabal but i find it doubtful. Its really sad that i havent had the chance to play Reo at all during all this time. I would have a much better understanding of the MU if i had.
yea i always find this one tricky, i do use fb to duck his iagb, but they soon adapt and saw me... if you HAD to pressure him... what normals would you use?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yea i always find this one tricky, i do use fb to duck his iagb, but they soon adapt and saw me... if you HAD to pressure him... what normals would you use?
31, 312 mix ups, a lot of throws and B114 for chip damage and down pokes up close. At sweep range, F2 to gain +f, after that either dash in and throw, another F2 if i see he is scared, U4, D4 and iaFB's. If a Kabal player uses saws you need to Iat them asap. Normal tp doesnt work unfortunately. You have to be expecting the saw to tp.

Post edited.

Illmatix

31, 312 mix ups, a lot of throws and B114 for chip damage and down pokes up close. At sweep range, F2 to gain +f, after that either dash in and throw, another F2 if i see he is scared, U4, D4 and iaFB's. If a Kabal player uses saws you need to Iat them asap. Normal tp doesnt work unfortunately. You have to be expecting the saw to tp.

Post edited.
thank you very much metz.

zaf

professor
I have a new strategy against kabal that works very nicely. I will get into it tomorrow when i have time to sit down and type it all up. But for the most part i feel it will be the ermac kabal meta game

Illmatix

I have a new strategy against kabal that works very nicely. I will get into it tomorrow when i have time to sit down and type it all up. But for the most part i feel it will be the ermac kabal meta game
awesomo cant wait!

Owerbart

I miss you
I played the Kabal MU for 8 hours straight yesterday. Right now diarrhea is getting the best of me but this night I would also like to type-in some words.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
How does he lose to Noob? This seems like a 6-4 in Ermac's favor.
Full screen: Noob wins. Ermac cannot tp on reaction against his clones. He can only punish them with iAT's. Also Ermac cannot use projectiles as they can be tp'ed on reaction by Noob's tp.

Mid screen: Even. Ermac cannot punish Noob's clones with max range TKP cause of the push back the clones provide making a bit hard for Ermac to control spacing. He must dash block and lead Noob in the corner in order to gain the upper hand.

Sweep range: Ermac wins. TKP > everything Noob has.

Up close: Even.

In general Noob will try to stay full screen to mid screen for the majority of the match making it really hard for Ermac to get close to him. So imo, 6 - 4 Noob.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Rain loses quite bad to Ermac IMO.
I have started playing the MU against Hidan's Rain and it still seems a bit sketchy to me being 6 - 4 Ermac. 6 - 4 Ermac though is definately not out of the question. Lighting can be punished by max range TKP on block. Geyser can also be punished by d1 to TKS on block. Bubbles can be tp'ed on reaction and if Rain decides to use tp to close in the distance he will get blown up by D1 TKS and he ll be thrown full screen again. Up close though Rain has the advantage and the reason i have it as an even MU is because Rain will eventually get in and with all that armor, RH cancels, B2 1+2 string which blows up down pokes and iaFB as well Rain definitely has the upper hand.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
After more exploration i think it might be a solid 6-4 in his favor as well. Ermacs spacing and equal ability in damage make it tough for rain to do a lot. He punishes tele hard and its also very hard for rain to build meter for armor. He also can punish almost every lightning attempt. Ive played MOE30W and Big D and it seems like a tough MU to me. A lot of it boils down to who can hit who with the big combo first and i think rain has to take more risk for that since a lot of his stuff is only good once he gets in on ermac.