What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Lyuben: hold block to extend levitation time BUT then the Teleport/Airblast input has to be strict and fast (almost justframe lol), when extending ExLevitation you can be more sloppy with inputs.

@MKF30: why you're saying that after ExTKP we're having a free jumpin? Yes, opp cannot roll but still can nail us with Wakeup attack, so the jumpin ain't safe.
Yes, you get a free jump in on it since they can't roll only wake up attack but you have to remember, some characters have shitty or bad wake ups...Depends on the character you're facing, unless you're facing Raiden, Reptile, Smoke someone with a FAST ass wake up you get a free jump in. You get a free jump in anyway but the thing is you need to block/bait wake up attacks sometimes and punish them.

If you're facing someone like Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kitana, Stryker, Baraka etc you can get a free jump in and easily throw if they're not ducking or 50/50 attack.

zaf

professor
so in terms of punishment, ermac is a great punisher.
so i was practise some scenarios today

we all know the famous roll animation characters go into when they hit on block with a teleport or some other move, such as scorpion or a lot of the ninjas teleport. or even mileena after a dive kick, she isnt in the rolling animation but she can be punished the same in this scenario. i tried finding the highest punishing combo for this and i came up with a relatively easy 49%

charge b2 until it is about to go, you just need to get used to it. its prett much when ermacs hands are all the way back,

charged b2,1 tks, jk teleport punch, dash 22, tkp

does anyone else use a higher damaging one or is this what most of you use?

MKF30

Yeah, I love how his TKS can punish most if not all moves on block(as long as they can be punished and have some push back that's perfect range for his TKS) like Raiden's superman, KL's dive kick, Sub's dive kick, Mileena's kick etc, etc he can dishout some nasty damage :)

zaf

professor
what can be done about mileenas pressure and her d4 ?
if she is on you, d4 will reach you from crazy lengths. it probably is the longest d4 in the game
in training, if you use the squares on the ground, her d4 travels just a little bit over one square.
you cant really poke back because you will just eat more d4 or d3
her d3 is pretty good too, ermacs d3 is too slow and gets beat out by her easily
ermacs d1 goes over mileena and you get hit still
if you do hit a d1 and dash back and even tkp, she can still d4 this and stuff you out
if she lands a d4, she can even link a dive kick that you have to block as well
if you just try to dash backwards and get out while fuzzy crouch blocking her, she can still keep hitting you with d4, the length is crazy. what am i doing wrong.

does u4 go over her at all and hit her? can this move be used to give you some space?
due to her body lowering you can not use d1 as well in this mu then others.
cant jump over her if she is poking you because you can't hit her.

when i do land a d1 and then attempt a 3,1 string after i get hit out. cant f4 either after a d1, get hit out of this as well
and you can not just sit there and attempt to block her all day, that does not work.

what can be done?

zaf

professor
i've been trying this. it does work nice. the only problem is that you can not rely on this.
a good mileena will let you do this once or twice before they start aa you all day.
this is a good start. i would like to find out some more options instead of doing the same old punish that will get me in more trouble then it will help. getting her off you atleast one in a match is amazing, but ermac really needs to have a better way to keep her out.

has anyone been trying u4 against her?
ill try u4 and i also think maybe f2 might work.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
i've been trying this. it does work nice. the only problem is that you can not rely on this.
a good mileena will let you do this once or twice before they start aa you all day.
this is a good start. i would like to find out some more options instead of doing the same old punish that will get me in more trouble then it will help. getting her off you atleast one in a match is amazing, but ermac really needs to have a better way to keep her out.

has anyone been trying u4 against her?
ill try u4 and i also think maybe f2 might work.

Ermac's U4 is a low crush move so yeah its possible to counter mileena's d3.Jumping kick to teleport as mentioned in the above post is a very good option simply because mileena,as far as i know,doesnt have any decent AA moves to counter that (except her uppercut which kinda sucks).So yeah U4 is the best solution to counter d3.f2 ? Interesting thought.

zaf

professor
if mileena does a d4 and you counter by doing a crossover or a regular jik, she can counter fast enough on reaction with a dive kick and hit you in the air.
this is why i do not like this option.

i havent tried u4 enough, i recently thought of it after practising with my mileena friend
f2, its fast, goes forward nicely and can hit people crouching. this is why i like it

my friend who plays mileena dismantles ermac thanks to me. he never loses to them, including mkf30 afaik. not that im shit talking him, im just saying my friend knows ermac

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
if mileena does a d4 and you counter by doing a crossover or a regular jik, she can counter fast enough on reaction with a dive kick and hit you in the air.
this is why i do not like this option.

i havent tried u4 enough, i recently thought of it after practising with my mileena friend
f2, its fast, goes forward nicely and can hit people crouching. this is why i like it

my friend who plays mileena dismantles ermac thanks to me. he never loses to them, including mkf30 afaik. not that im shit talking him, im just saying my friend knows ermac
Teehee

Loving this new use of U4 and F2 :D

zaf

professor
thanks seoul.

u4 and f2 do work ( f2 not as well as u4) but just like the jik, i do not know just how reliable these actually are.

MKF30

what can be done about mileenas pressure and her d4 ?
if she is on you, d4 will reach you from crazy lengths. it probably is the longest d4 in the game
in training, if you use the squares on the ground, her d4 travels just a little bit over one square.
you cant really poke back because you will just eat more d4 or d3
her d3 is pretty good too, ermacs d3 is too slow and gets beat out by her easily
ermacs d1 goes over mileena and you get hit still
if you do hit a d1 and dash back and even tkp, she can still d4 this and stuff you out
if she lands a d4, she can even link a dive kick that you have to block as well
if you just try to dash backwards and get out while fuzzy crouch blocking her, she can still keep hitting you with d4, the length is crazy. what am i doing wrong.

does u4 go over her at all and hit her? can this move be used to give you some space?
due to her body lowering you can not use d1 as well in this mu then others.
cant jump over her if she is poking you because you can't hit her.

when i do land a d1 and then attempt a 3,1 string after i get hit out. cant f4 either after a d1, get hit out of this as well
and you can not just sit there and attempt to block her all day, that does not work.

what can be done?
Against Mileena, she's a bitch but I find Ermac kills her game...if played right and patiently.

Meaning, like error said really the only thing you can do to nail her in her bs D4 frames is a deep jk and hope it connects, here and there you can get a jump on her if she's standing.

Her teleports, normal one I always punish with 1, TKS into combo. Her ex one since it's a lot safer and harder, I tend to JK her after she tosses a sai or if you time it right you can snag her before she hits the ground with a TKP or TKS(not easy though)

I've also tried something newer which can work and at least makes make Ermac safe if she's doing d4, do a cross over and instead of jk or jump punch combo, do his blast I've found it hits her and it slightly pushes him back as you know.

I really do hate her D4, it's too powerful imo and needs to at least be able to be countered....some how.

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
So... JiK does about 2% more damage than nJK...
ex:
3,1..lift..nJK..forceport...2,2...force push = 36%
3,1..lift..JiK..forceport...2,2...force push = 38%

Error

DF2+R2
Technically, since you can hit her with a jump kick makes her D4 counter-able

Oh and it pisses me off when I see people use NJK instead of a JK in combos, I mean wtf! if you're going to combo me do it right!

zaf

professor
ive tried the air blast as well on mileena, and it does work nice.
you can use this, then dash in on her and try something.
i forgot to mention this here earlier, my bad

Also, here are many ways to punish the Divekick

- You are standing, no sai - b2,1 tks jik teleport punch, 22 tkp/f4
-standing with sai - b2,1 tks jik teleport punch, 22 tkp/f4

You are crouching - punish with d1, tks jik teleport punch, 22 tkp/f4
You are crouching and she does a sai afterwards - punish with d1, tks jik teleport punch, 22 tkp/f4

As for her ex dive kick, if you are crouching she is safe afaik. if you are standing just do this
- 1, tks jik teleport punch, 22 tkp/f4

The way you said you punish regular divekick MKF, you can punish ex the same way. The timing is tight but it works.

--
error, for some reason i still can not land a jik for most combos. i prefer to use njk and jip.
for me reliability is better then dropping combos.

MKF30

Yeah ^ I've done that a few times, the only problem with the ex version zaf is as I'm sure you know if there's any delay or lag the timing becomes extremely crucial or Ermac will miss the chance. I hate that lol. Ever play a laggy match and people become safe from punishment due to it...as oppose to a cleaner connection.

Technically, since you can hit her with a jump kick makes her D4 counter-able

Oh and it pisses me off when I see people use NJK instead of a JK in combos, I mean wtf! if you're going to combo me do it right!
Most of the time JK's whiff and don't counter her, unless she's beginning to duck so it's not that counter-able lol. Not easily anyway...but as I and zaf mentioned, you can do a crossover air blast which pushes him back and will nail her. Believe it or not you can also do this to stuff KL's teleport if Ermac is in the air, do an air blast and it'll track him automatically despite which side he's attacking you from.

Error

DF2+R2
Hmm, I'm having a blast tricking people into breaking combos after an air to air jump punch. They have no idea that it scales to around 20% damage >: D

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Just got finished playing MagnetoHalfway on psn and he beat the sleeves off of me that kung lao is hard to deal with online :(

MKF30

Shame PSN isn't worldwide, I don't have one but my friend does I could play these guys like metzo that way.

That's one big up I think imo xbox has over the PSN version.

So I'd like to ask you guys why I never see Ermacs using his f4 to end combos on a reset? Given his difficulty at putting on pressure, the sacrifice of a little bit of damage for a standing reset seems ideal to me. As I've incorporated it into my game, I've found it to generally work quite well. Am I wrong?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So I'd like to ask you guys why I never see Ermacs using his f4 to end combos on a reset? Given his difficulty at putting on pressure, the sacrifice of a little bit of damage for a standing reset seems ideal to me. As I've incorporated it into my game, I've found it to generally work quite well. Am I wrong?

Nope you are not wrong.I actually use the reset alot of times if i want to go for another 31,F4,U4 or throw.

zaf

professor
people have been doing the reset for so long now. just because something isn't posted here doesn't mean people do not do it.
i've been using it since like week one and was probably the first person to even post that here. also i see a lot of people whiffing teleport after a combo now and i posted that so long ago and no one else did, but it didn't mean no one else knew about it.

what you can also do during a combo, is end it with this for a little more damage.

jk, teleport punch, dash,31 ,f4

I also hate reading about ermac stuff or people saying i do not see ermacs doing this when all they do is play online.
everything you want to ever post or consider posting, if it involves online please do not post before it has been tested offline.