What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
I've tested some frame data and it appears, that f+2 is +3,+4 on block.
thisisgettinginteresting.png

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol 3, 1 can be looped in the corner if you catch you're opponent mid air with it. Too bad anything that Ermac can loop besides b1,2,f1 scales hard.
Yeah, I've noticed if you rush down with Ermac with D1, 3,1 and they try to jump you can literally juggle them too midscreen(in the corner like you said you can loop them and even better if you're fast enough into TKS combos and if you can into his enhanced TKP, then reset possibilities with B2 after that.

zaf

professor
seoulspirit, it doesn't even matter that you can combo off this or not. The fact that this leaves advantage on block means we can shoot this out a lot more now that we know its safe and can pressure. very intrigued with this as well, and will be testing this out.

I've mentioned in a bunch of threads that f2 has advantage on block and can't be ducked. >_>
eh... I've heard it was safe from you and others, and knew it couldn't be ducked, but advantage? thats a different story.

This seems to be a great setup, and its somewhat helped by the fact you can't chain off f2, only link, so there will always be that space in which they aren't sure how you'll follow up

and if it hits you can always get the meager 29-30% combo linked to the safe teleport (after combo/aa TKP) grab to even out the damage or more F2/jump kick depending on what they do.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Oh my bad, when I talked about the move before I meant to say it has advantage on block. I've tested all of his strings already to see how much safety/advantage they have on block. I didn't post about them because the day I was testing, my friend was being impatient wanting to play something else. But I'm gonna get a chance tomorrow to sit down and look at all of this (like who can't duck 3 mix-ups) again with someone.

I don't know what is left to check for advantage now, between the brady guide and this forum I think all but 1 or 2 things has been covered, who knows though.....We've all been surprised before, good luck.

so heres my midscreen and wall f2 combos

Midscreen:
f2, lift, dash, jump-kick~teleport, 12~push (=33%) --|-- teleport link (before wakeup) pressure, attempt grab (= 45% total if grabs successful)

Wall:
f2, d4~lift, backdash, b12f1, b12f1, 22~push (=41%)

MKF30

Anyone here like to corner trap with Ermac while zoning? What I mean is if you can get perfect distance Ermac can literally lock someone down in the corner with the TK P, fireballs, chances are unless they're Smoke or Raiden(even Mileena isn't fast enough if you have the right distance, lol and it's GREAT for keeping Kano locked in the corner) I do it all the time :)

Error

DF2+R2
I do it sometimes with throws, but often I'll change the direction in which I'm throwing to avoid techs.

MKF30

Same here, especially if my back is facing a corner lol they're be thrown in that direction lol

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
We all like framedata, so I tried to test some more of it, today the crouch pokes.

d+1: +1 on hit, 0 on standblocking opponent, at least -2 on crouchblocking opp

d+3: 0 on hit standing, +5 on hit crouching opp, at least -5 on block

d+4: +5,+6 on hit and 0 on block

Note that these aren't 100% accurate results because of that shitty trade system in MK (and I have no idea how it works in Practice mode - who has the upper hand and when) and a human factor while testing, but it gives us the look on possible frame situation after cr. moves, which are quite important part of Ermac's gameplan.

About 312 hitting some chars while crouch blocking, both 1&2 hit Liu Kang, Stryker, Shang Tsung, Kenshi and Raiden (not Sheeva lol).
Last "2" hits crouching Scorpion, Sub0, Sindel, Ermac, Jade, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Noob, Smoke, Sonya, Kano, Baraka, Kabal, Cyber Sub, Sheeva and Scarlet.
On the rest both hits whiff when crouchblocked (Kung Lao :( ) - note I didn't test Rain and Freddy.

zaf

professor
hey hurling i got a question...

this combo

Midscreen:
f2, lift, dash, jump-kick~teleport, 12~push (=33%) --|-- teleport link (before wakeup) pressure, attempt grab (= 45% total if grabs successful)

is the f2 off an aa? or a jump in? or is this opponent standing?

also after the 33%, the teleport wake up pressure... is this is the same thing i posted a long time ago?

where if you tkp someone at the right height, you can do a teleport to be right in back of them as they are on the ground and you can pressure them? if so, then yes grabbing works very well after this. i have a few more set ups as well. i've been trying to find a good height where you can get this set up going but pressure with b2 after the teleport

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Zaf, are you talking about whiffing teleport punch after combos like some characters that have air throw+teleport punch? If so I've been working on some stuff too.

About 312 hitting some chars while crouch blocking, both 1&2 hit Liu Kang, Stryker, Shang Tsung, Kenshi and Raiden (not Sheeva lol).
Last "2" hits crouching Scorpion, Sub0, Sindel, Ermac, Jade, Nightwolf, Cyrax, Noob, Smoke, Sonya, Kano, Baraka, Kabal, Cyber Sub, Sheeva and Scarlet.
On the rest both hits whiff when crouchblocked (Kung Lao :( ) - note I didn't test Rain and Freddy.
Good stuff, thanks for saving me the time! :p Did you leave out Rain and Freddy because you don't have them? If so I'll test them.

this combo

Midscreen:

also after the 33%, the teleport wake up pressure... is this is the same thing i posted a long time ago?

where if you tkp someone at the right height, you can do a teleport to be right in back of them as they are on the ground and you can pressure them? if so, then yes grabbing works very well after this. i have a few more set ups as well. i've been trying to find a good height where you can get this set up going but pressure with b2 after the teleport
standing, its a tight link and doesnt work at max range. you can mash the lift twice to catch it easier

and yea thats the trick u posted, ive been trying it a lot with mixed results, mostly positive tho

MKF30

this combo

Midscreen:

Another great trick that I've been doing since week one and still works well to this day, is this.

Say you get a jump in right(of your choice into TKS combos) could be 1, b1,1, 4~TKS or jump in 131, TKS etc either way if you end the combo with dash in 22 and Enhanced push, it puts them in a non-wake up position and they can't tech roll...hehe what's good about this is it guarantees a free jump in and you can get a free throw or rush in pressure. Chances are if they do escape the throw, they will be jumping as fast as they can in which you can nail them with a JK and into more combos ;)

zaf

professor
ty hurling for the info on standing f2.

as for the whiffing teleport after a combo on purpose, yes ruuku, just like smoke, in the same fashion am i using this.

hurling, if you like, what i also do after a whiff teleport is:

-wait
-jump over them
-f4
-throw
-d1/d4
-b2

you can virtually do anything you want really, the best thing to do is what you think your opponent will expect less depending on how they have been reacting. most of the time a f4 is better then a grab.

and mkf30, that stuff is old news man. we all know about it. dont even need a big combo, as long as you can guarantee the move will hit you got yourself a free wakeup pressure game going on

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Question: What is the point of enhanced fireball. It does 2% more damage and 2% more chip. Thats it. Hardly worth the meter. Enhanced air ball does 4% more damage. But only 2% difference? that is weak. Is it faster? Armoured? Why does it exist?

Question: What is the point of enhanced fireball. It does 2% more damage and 2% more chip. Thats it. Hardly worth the meter. Enhanced air ball does 4% more damage. But only 2% difference? that is weak. Is it faster? Armoured? Why does it exist?
can't be ducked and hits twice

so before everyone had super armor it could have stuffed single hit armor moves but even then its lame

the extra chip is sometimes worth it at the very end of matches

MKF30

ty hurling for the info on standing f2.

as for the whiffing teleport after a combo on purpose, yes ruuku, just like smoke, in the same fashion am i using this.

hurling, if you like, what i also do after a whiff teleport is:

-wait
-jump over them
-f4
-throw
-d1/d4
-b2

you can virtually do anything you want really, the best thing to do is what you think your opponent will expect less depending on how they have been reacting. most of the time a f4 is better then a grab.

and mkf30, that stuff is old news man. we all know about it. dont even need a big combo, as long as you can guarantee the move will hit you got yourself a free wakeup pressure game going on
It's older news(I even remember posting about it first week here lol), but surprisingly nobody ever implements it correctly lol. I still see Ermac players hardly doing the ex tK push, why I don't know...you get a free jump in with 50/50 every time(unless you're just trying to stay away constantly) You'd have to play me to see what I'm talking about though, there's still tons of levitation mind tricks which nobody does but it's crucial from a far, I do it all the time and still fool the hell out of people lol.

For Lyuben, well it does more chip damage the ex fireball and hits twice doing more damage in general then the normal fireball. Plus, unlike the regular fireball, Ermac's enhanced fireball CAN'T be ducked it's good for mixing up if someone is turtling and just ducking the entire time, mix up an enhanced one and you'll nail them.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I've been starting to use Ermac a few days ago and I gotta say, dude's hella fun to use. Just using teleslam into air kick+telepunch to telepush by itself I find fun to use, despite how commonly used it is for Ermac players.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I tried doing the DOWN DOWN UP mix up. I like it but I can only cancel the buttslam after the first few seconds of it into a teleport. But its not really a big mix up if I do it within the first second. Is there a way to extend the buttslam and cancel later?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
@Lyuben: hold block to extend levitation time BUT then the Teleport/Airblast input has to be strict and fast (almost justframe lol), when extending ExLevitation you can be more sloppy with inputs.

@MKF30: why you're saying that after ExTKP we're having a free jumpin? Yes, opp cannot roll but still can nail us with Wakeup attack, so the jumpin ain't safe.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I tried doing the DOWN DOWN UP mix up. I like it but I can only cancel the buttslam after the first few seconds of it into a teleport. But its not really a big mix up if I do it within the first second. Is there a way to extend the buttslam and cancel later?
Hold block to extend the levitation, push down down while levitating to cancel back to the ground, which upon anticipating a jump in (to knock you out of levitate or to avoid the unblockable slam) and catch with TKP. Theres not much of a window for cancelling straight into telepunch though, but mixing up the unblockable slam, the telepunch and the cancels can catch people out. Its not reliable to throw out alot because its hard to execute and also easy to punish when they expect it, but its worth using every now and then because it will catch some players unaware.