What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
Nothing OP about that, it is like blood god hitting the opponent for a ton of damage.
3png stacks and a bar are required, it really doesn't change much considering you can already get around 65% for no bar in regular MK X
Getting 3 png stacks honestly isn't all that difficult since they became cancelable. And having bar with ruthless is also not hard at all, given that the current bar spending options aren't all that great.

Also, I don't think I know of any combos that get to 65% currently, I think it was 56%? Something like that. Which makes it 15%-20% difference (at a cost of a bar, of course) compared to what @EGP Wonder_Chef has displayed here. I think it can be assumed that if this goes live, with some optimisations this could get even more damaging.

I haven't really given this much thought quite yet and so I can't say if this indeed is OP or not, but I really think this should be at the very least examined.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Had a long set with a good F/T today, this character is a lot scarier. I did ok with Bone Shaper, went kind of even then I pulled ahead, but my Erron Black got absolutely STEAMROLLED.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
B121 into overhead toss or low toss is fuzzyable.
Yeah I know. There is also a gap in between the B121 and the overhead toss. I am thankful that it is fuzzyable enough they might reconsider using the meter.

I believe the only truly good thing that has come of this is F/T's now have a reason to actually use meter! We won't have to sit in fear of the X-Ray anymore lol! Yayyy sort of...

Yeah I know. There is also a gap in between the B121 and the overhead toss. I am thankful that it is fuzzyable enough they might reconsider using the meter.

I believe the only truly good thing that has come of this is F/T's now have a reason to actually use meter! We won't have to sit in fear of the X-Ray anymore lol! Yayyy sort of...
Don't forget that you can cancel into the mix-up from both b121 and b12. Also, if you think they're going to armor the gap just do b1212. This is gonna be fun! I'm excited!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

There's no gap in b.12xxOH toss, only people who don't know what to do use b.121xxOH toss.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Why do people act so surprised?

I knew this was coming the moment I said "I think I'll use Ferra/Torr" like 7 months before the game's release.

I knew about this like May of 2014.
that's what they get for saying f/t is shit tier and the worst character in the game EVEN after ruthless got buffed ;). first they are on every tier list at the bottom because no one is willing to actually lab then and assume that they're trash and now ruthless got buffed even more because of that lol. as an almost day 1 f/t main I have to thank all the downplayers :)

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
that's what they get for saying f/t is shit tier and the worst character in the game EVEN after ruthless got buffed ;). first they are on every tier list at the bottom because no one is willing to actually lab then and assume that they're trash and now ruthless got buffed even more because of that lol. as an almost day 1 f/t main I have to thank all the downplayers :)
The Ferra/Torr community played this very very well lol.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
@Doombawkz the prophecy has been fulfilled. Well, time to pack it up. The beta is getting wierd and they made 4 new characters while doing this and new netcode. I expect plenty of patches by April. No way NRS got this shit even close to right. Someone is going to make it out silly and Alien or Leatherface will be your new movie guest overlords.
Paulo said this kp2 patch is the last big patch fpr mkx. That if they see anything they need to address they may do it, but will generally be bug fixes. I hope they don't stick to that though, only god knows how chaotic the game will be come march 1st.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hardly the case. People can use it all the time especially if its established they may cancel or if they want to bait out armor. To say people that use B121OH toss don't know what they are doing...? Is to BOLD comrade.
Its true though. You gain nothing but lose a lot for doing b.121xxOH toss, but b.12xxOH toss gives you a 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 mix-up afterwards

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
yeah you're right. ruthless really didn't need those buffs but hey I'll take them.

Most of use even said that they are not bottom tier for sure but no one cared so yeah.
I think putting in ex projectiles for ruthless is a damn sexy, but making them launch is a bit of an overkill.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I had no clue they said this was the last update. Well hopefully they get it right. But I don't see why they'd put on all this work and still just stop. I mean they put in more than they usually do.
NRS has never said that. People just assumed and it grew into, "they said." No they did not. Next time someone says that ask for a citation.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
NRS has never said that. People just assumed and it grew into, "they said." No they did not. Next time someone says that ask for a citation.
Uh no. Paulo said it in reos stream when killingfrenzy asked him. I do have the screenshot somewhere in my phone. So yeah. Ask him yourself if you dont believe.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Killenfrenzy asked if there will be anything after this and paulo specifically says "at some point yes, but i wouldnt expect anything. It will be similar to the patch from last year sans bug fixes as needed. But like I said, lets hope

Status
Not open for further replies.