What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Alright I've been testing it and this is what I've found other than the obvious changes:
Strings that leave you standing are now heavily plus on hit.
11 is +40 on hit up from +34
B12 is +30 from +24
B121 is +24 from +19
Overhead ferra toss does not seem as plus as it used to be when canceled off b121 at least, and the EX isn't majorly plus either.
Lackey's roll is -7 and ex is -6 (I think they were -9 and -10?)
Lackey's d1 seems to have just a tiny bit less reach, I've been playing lackey all day before I updated the beta and it was noticeable right off the bat.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Alright I've been testing it and this is what I've found other than the obvious changes:
Strings that leave you standing are now heavily plus on hit.
11 is +40 on hit up from +34
B12 is +30 from +24
B121 is +24 from +19
Overhead ferra toss does not seem as plus as it used to be when canceled off b121 at least, and the EX isn't majorly plus either.
Lackey's roll is -7 and ex is -6 (I think they were -9 and -10?)
Lackey's d1 seems to have just a tiny bit less reach, I've been playing lackey all day before I updated the beta and it was noticeable right off the bat.
nice finds ... i will update the OP

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Also s1 is +29 on hit from like +5 I believe, b1 is +29 too I think it was +19 before. S1 into charge combos on hit now. Looks like lackey's damage was increased, off of the EX torryuken my BnB was 33% and it does 38% now

In Ruthless b121 PnG cancel into f2 is constistent now! Works every time! Meterless hit confirms!!!!!'

MK Led

Umbasa
Watching REO's video on patch changes, and it looks like boss toss is traveling through the air significantly faster than it does currently, for both the normal and EX move.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I always liked F/T and used them. I like the underdog characters people tend to neglect. Now since these buffs, F/T isn't going to have that surpise feeling when someone choose them, like once before.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This is honestly pretty damn stupid giving them EX overhead and low toss, if everything stayed but those it would have been perfect; ECX boss toss for vicious, roll buff for lackey, nothing for ruthless, but EX tosses will just take ruthless and vicious over the top. still no update for beta on xb1 so hopefully I can try it out tomorrow but this is easy top 5 material, maybe better since most top tiers were nerfed. dumb

Jolt

Uprise
Lol to be completely honest, I've always been a Ferra / Torr fan, but I'm a terrible player and lacked the skill to make anything happen. My bnbs seemed to always drop, stuff like that. Probably net code, honestly.

I have NEVER had as much fun in MKX as I did today playing the beta Ferra / Torr. Not even close. Now I can do combos that even my scrubby self won't drop.

I have no shame on jumping on with these buffs, but I hope to become an integral part of the community :) this is now a character I feel like I might be able to play and I'm excited.

Mileena, Sonya, Ferra Torr and I HOPE Alien. That's all I need to be happy in this game

Lol to be completely honest, I've always been a Ferra / Torr fan, but I'm a terrible player and lacked the skill to make anything happen. My bnbs seemed to always drop, stuff like that. Probably net code, honestly.

I have NEVER had as much fun in MKX as I did today playing the beta Ferra / Torr. Not even close. Now I can do combos that even my scrubby self won't drop.

I have no shame on jumping on with these buffs, but I hope to become an integral part of the community :) this is now a character I feel like I might be able to play and I'm excited.

Mileena, Sonya, Ferra Torr and I HOPE Alien. That's all I need to be happy in this game
F/T is the most fun I ever had in MKX. He feels good and each of his variations is useful. Even in an uphill battle I feel like I've always got a chance to make a comeback. And now I have a way to extend combos with meter!

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Damn, ferra torr is looking so good right now, I really hope these changes stick. Any EX ferra toss in ruthless gets at least 38% without pain n gain, and I think I got 37% off a full screen EX bowl girl. Weird that they call it Boss Launch but it doesn't launch at all lol, I would have liked it better if it could be meterburned on a hit confirm to launch. The lackey damage increase is just what he needed, 38% off of a safe(ish) armored move makes him really scary on knockdown, and the safe roll with more hit advantage is awesome. I haven't tested it yet but it still says lackey's sweep is -16, frame data could be wrong though.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Bane 2.0. Stupidity buffs. Everyone and their grandma is gonna use them now. Good job "balancing".

GGs.
@Doombawkz the prophecy has been fulfilled. Well, time to pack it up. The beta is getting wierd and they made 4 new characters while doing this and new netcode. I expect plenty of patches by April. No way NRS got this shit even close to right. Someone is going to make it out silly and Alien or Leatherface will be your new movie guest overlords.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Doombawkz the prophecy has been fulfilled. Well, time to pack it up. The beta is getting wierd and they made 4 new characters while doing this and new netcode. I expect plenty of patches by April. No way NRS got this shit even close to right. Someone is going to make it out silly and Alien or Leatherface will be your new movie guest overlords.
Well the thing is they said the KP2 is the last Major patch and other than small fixes, a hotfix, or a small update this is it. End of the road.

Game very well may end up less balanced in the final version than the current version.

Status
Not open for further replies.