What's new

Breakthrough - Kano [EO Beta Closed] Kano Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I believe it always was. They had added the gap for the beta initially then removed it for the recent update.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm just used to converting off of EX Ball, which will be SOOO much easier in beta. If we had a restand in commando tho that would be awesome.
Couldn't you use 32 as restand im not sure on how much damage you would loose but I thought in commando 32 leaves them standing and plus.

PS I could be wrong I haven't played commando in awhile please don't shoot me lol

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
how is kano zoning you? He only has mid knives in cyber.
Simple! If the person knows what they are doing. Cyber is good at controlling space with his mid knives. It might not look all fancy like Shinnok or Quan, but Cyber can control spacing and he has anti air. I just wish his up laser could stun like Sonya demo so we have a purpose of using it besides coner combos.

Folux182

Noob
I've been planning on picking up Kano for awhile now but these changes may be the final thing to pull me in. I'm deciding between Commando and Cybernetic. Can someone help me with the pros and cons for each?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Yeah I totally just forgot about that with my post. We totes have a restand. I been away too long lol.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
I've been planning on picking up Kano for awhile now but these changes may be the final thing to pull me in. I'm deciding between Commando and Cybernetic. Can someone help me with the pros and cons for each?
They don't really have any cons tbh, other than a lack of an overhead.

NHDR

Noob
Cybernetic:
+Good projectile, GREAT EX projectile
+Solid footsies (D4, B1)
+Solid AA options with D2 and EX Kano Upball
+Solid wake-up with EX Kano Upball
-No mixups or 50/50 (I'm not counting tick throws here)
-Your opponent WILL get in on you or force you to play up close.
-Nerfed backdash
-Upwards laser is useless except for corner combo extension

He's a solid character, he just has no "dirt". I won't comment on Commando, have never really played that variation at all. The only thing I can say with authority is that his projectile is worse than in Cyber.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I noticed that D4 now ticks into his backwards command grab which makes me think they might have nerfed the cancel advantage on his D4 too. Could someone test that?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
CT Db1 is +15 on hit up from +12

I didn't notice this before but realized that he does indeed get a 50/50 with a slight rc. You can't poke or armor after if I'm on point. Pre beta, you could.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
7 frame D1 when? He NEEDS it.

I'm still not very good, even with all this.

So, b13 being a blockstun, could someone explain what that means exactly? A blockstring is designed to keep the opponent in blockstun if they are blocking, correct? So, what advantage does that give me? What is best to combo off a blockstring?

I don't really see a nerf in his back dash. It still feels the same to me. Now i do need to check because i think his f4 actually low crushes now but i need to test it out. But it does seem as though his upball got a slight nerf. It's whiffing on big hit box characters like jax. Especially when trying two in a row.
After extensive research(just doing reversal Uprise Ball after strings while opponent blocks) it does appear that they have nerfed the range on Uprise Ball. I tested the same string in beta and off. In the beta, if any variation of Kano is up against a Cutthroat Kano who does b121xxBlade Toss and proceeds to block; a reversal Uprise Ball will completely whiff. In regular game the Cutthroat Kano blocks both hits of a reversal Uprise Ball. Hopefully this gets adjusted back like our b1,3 in Cybernetic and Commando.

Noobe

Noob
After extensive research(just doing reversal Uprise Ball after strings while opponent blocks) it does appear that they have nerfed the range on Uprise Ball. I tested the same string in beta and off. In the beta, if any variation of Kano is up against a Cutthroat Kano who does b121xxBlade Toss and proceeds to block; a reversal Uprise Ball will completely whiff. In regular game the Cutthroat Kano blocks both hits of a reversal Uprise Ball. Hopefully this gets adjusted back like our b1,3 in Cybernetic and Commando.

This was nerfed since the very begin of the beta when he was released. Hopefully in kp2 it is fixed because this will make his up ball useless since anyone can literally just do a d3 or d4 and low profile it. As far as the b1 3. Honestly they need to put that gap back on because he needs eat.

Noobe

Noob
They don't really have any cons tbh, other than a lack of an overhead.

Wrong. Actually the cons between the two is that commando is way to meter dependent. While cyber only needs 1 bar in the corner to do upwards of 49%. Commando needs meter to get 30% which cyber does with no bar.

The projectile is better in cyber then commando. And commando needs to many reads while cyber is solid and can control many match ups very well with his projectile. Honestly i can't think of a match up that commando wins that cyber can't do even better. If anyone can help let me know.

As far as i can tell the pressure up close is similar but cyber plays it way better just because of his fast projectile. And cyber can bait xrays and break armor with ex knives which is a plus.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wrong. Actually the cons between the two is that commando is way to meter dependent. While cyber only needs 1 bar in the corner to do upwards of 49%. Commando needs meter to get 30% which cyber does with no bar.

The projectile is better in cyber then commando. And commando needs to many reads while cyber is solid and can control many match ups very well with his projectile. Honestly i can't think of a match up that commando wins that cyber can't do even better. If anyone can help let me know.

As far as i can tell the pressure up close is similar but cyber plays it way better just because of his fast projectile. And cyber can bait xrays and break armor with ex knives which is a plus.
I reckon Commando might do better against 1 dimensional pressure characters like Kung Lao that are also too mobile to pin down with Cyber's zoning.

Noobe

Noob
I reckon Commando might do better against 1 dimensional pressure characters like Kung Lao that are also too mobile to pin down with Cyber's zoning.

Eeehh maybe. But cyber does just fine against kung lao though. I don't see his pressure in commando any different then commando. Except that he is just unsafe if the read is read. While in cyber he doesn't have to take as much risk.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Eeehh maybe. But cyber does just fine against kung lao though. I don't see his pressure in commando any different then commando. Except that he is just unsafe if the read is read. While in cyber he doesn't have to take as much risk.
Commando does fine vs pressure characters that like to press buttons. Jax, KL, LK,Goro, etc. Also his keep away game is almost as good as cyber. Knives are good, his AA is possibly better than cyber. Also he has the best wake up game in the entire roster. 2 safe armored moves, check. Armored combo starter, check. Unblockable armored grabs where you can choose sides, check. Meterless parry, check. He's really hard to corner which is an important trait in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.