What's new

EMPR Jupiter's Martian Manhunter match-up chart. (changes might happen)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Any argument that starts with "if you counter it perfectly 100% of the time" is a logical fallacy given that this never happens in tournament play. Everyone likes to say "you just do this, no sweat" -- but when someone throws 50 variables at once at you and is intentionally playing mind games, you can't rely on reacting perfectly to everything that happens.

If someday an Injustice player is born that does this, he'll beat everybody :)

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@EMPEROR_JUPITER how is MMH vs cyborg NOT a 10 - 0 MU? i have always wondered this, what could cyborg possibly do to take a game off a perfect MMH player? he literally has no options anywhere IMO. what stops this from being 10 - 0 martian?
Cant Cyborg do up Sonic Blast to hit MMH out of OH teleport. :joker:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Agree with Frost but you know that already. You made good points about it in the other thread. I think Batgirl is probably at a slight disadvantage. What are your thoughts on the MU?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I dont agree maybe it's just me but she can gunshot him out of anything and then he has to rush in. And by then she has health lead . She also has setups to beat his wakeups and a 50/50 wake up chance
That's all true but pillar knocks her down while her gunshot does nothing to him, yea harley can blow up his wakeups and can silly slide and punish his Overhead teleport with a b3. It's the zoning war that she loses which makes the matchup hard but this is coming from online experience I will have to try this offline when I get a chance

coolwhip

Noob
Martian Manhunter also gets 40% combos from the overhead teleport, so the risk/reward ratio is even, if not in Martian Manhunter's favor with interactable objects around. The chances of Raven going even with Martian Manhunter are slim to none. If you watch Jupiter fight Glass Sword, you can easily see that Glass Sword has to work three times as hard just to stand a chance to win.

Zoning characters are unable to generate enough offense and damage to win, so they lose 6:4 at least. I know for a fact that Zod loses 7:3. Zod cannot zone or run away and gets beaten badly at mid range. He loses on every part of the screen.
You could also see that Glass Sword wasn't playing the match-up that well and didn't do a single MB B3 when Jupiter got a bit too teleport happy. I have no idea what the Raven-MMH match-up is and I am by no means blowing either player up for the way they played, but I'm just making an observation and pointing out the obvious: One tournament set from two months ago is not necessarily indicative of a match-up.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Interesting that you put Grundy as 5-5. I'm not sure about that, I think it's very hard to contain MMH as Grundy and once MMH gets his rhythm going it's hell for Grundy.

That said, the times I've had success against MMH is when I go all out and never let him breathe, keeping him on the defensive and blowing up his wake ups (which Grundy has good tools for) it can go down hill for MMH real fast. I just feel with the amount of options MMH has that match-up favours him, even if it's only slightly.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Agree with Frost but you know that already. You made good points about it in the other thread. I think Batgirl is probably at a slight disadvantage. What are your thoughts on the MU?
Batgirl loses in the footsie game, but she still has the ability to take a life bar with a yolo read, MMH can not zone in this match up either.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Interesting that you put Grundy as 5-5. I'm not sure about that, I think it's very hard to contain MMH as Grundy and once MMH gets his rhythm going it's hell for Grundy.

That said, the times I've had success against MMH is when I go all out and never let him breathe, keeping him on the defensive and blowing up his wake ups (which Grundy has good tools for) it can go down hill for MMH real fast. I just feel with the amount of options MMH has that match-up favours him, even if it's only slightly.
This is a match-up not explored as much compared to others, but the way I look at it is Grundy gets outzoned badly by most characters, but when he gets in theres a big chance it's all going to go wrong, and chip trait shuts down a lot of MMH's zoning options, forcing him to go in.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This is a match-up not explored as much compared to others, but the way I look at it is Grundy gets outzoned badly by most characters, but when he gets in theres a big chance it's all going to go wrong, and chip trait shuts down a lot of MMH's zoning options, forcing him to go in.
He is also able to WCC Around a lot of stuff. Grundy is just a weird Character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You could also see that Glass Sword wasn't playing the match-up that well and didn't do a single MB B3 when Jupiter got a bit too teleport happy. I have no idea what the Raven-MMH match-up is and I am by no means blowing either player up for the way they played, but I'm just making an observation and pointing out the obvious: One tournament set from two months ago is not necessarily indicative of a match-up.
Doing MB b+3 on reaction to teleport is not easy. You constantly have to watch out for the teleport, which leaves you vulnerable.

Jupiter is an infamous down player. He beats Pig and me 10:2 and then claims Martian Manhunter beats Zod 6:4.

You can safely add a whole point to Martian Manhunter for most of these match ups.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Doing MB b+3 on reaction to teleport is not easy. You constantly have to watch out for the teleport, which leaves you vulnerable.

Jupiter is an infamous down player. He beats Pig and me 10:2 and then claims Martian Manhunter beats Zod 6:4.

You can safely add a whole point to Martian Manhunter for most of these match ups.
Maybe he's just better than you guys. He seems like an amazing player to me.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
My 2 cents.

Ares is 7-3. He cant really do much of anything. IAT punishes zoning, ares wakeup teleport gets tracked by MMHs. Ares teleport is easily punishable giving him very few options to get in. I have quite a bit of experience in this MU.

Grundy is 6-4 in MMHs favor. MMH has a lot of moves that make him airborne and stop grundys unwanted advances and throw mixups. Grundy does do damage if he gets a grab but most setups are easy to see and martians B3 makes him throw immune.

GL is 7-3. He keeps him out way too easy

Sinestro is 6-4 as MMHs counter zoning is stronger. Sinestro has options but not enough to make this MU even.

in theory id say MMH wins 6-4 against everyone based on the fact he has control over interactables on every stage but I admittingly dont know how interactables play into MU charts