What's new

EMP|CD Jr's Injustice: Gods Among Us most recent tier list - do you agree?

Do you agree with this tier list?

• Yes

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 65 36.9%
  • Some of it

Votes: 87 49.4%

• Total voters

Wasted

Noob
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No offense but posts like yours is why I barely come to this site. I've seen REO play CD's nightwing and there is NO WAY that NW beats MMH. It's actually bad for NW.
And tier lists like yours are why I don't give much of a fuck what top players say.

ZalliX

Noob
And tier lists like yours are why I don't give much of a fuck what top players say.
</3 you still wrong about NW though pumpkin ;)
I'll let experience decide that, sweetheart.
The funny part about this is that you determine your own experience. If you suck lack game knowledge or execution ability you're going to have a worse different experience than a good player that knows the game and has the execution ability.

Therefore, it would be WISE idea to be receptive to the ideas of someone who is BETTER at the game than you, than to write them off because they differ from your 'experience.'

Wasted

Noob
The strikethroughs are cute. Taking what better players say as gospel is pointless when most of them can't actually articulate their reasoning.

I don't really care what Junior has seen from REO vs CD. Tiers aren't influenced by player skill or execution, they're indicative of character matchups. Execution in Injustice is an oxymoron. We have dial-a-combos and you can literally hold down your wager input to guarantee it coming out right.

I'll even concede it may be 5-5, but there's no way Dick loses this match. Staff zoning is simply faster and safer than Manhunter's. This is fact, programmed into the game.

REO being an awesome player doesn't change the matchup.

I'll even concede it may be 5-5, but there's no way Dick loses this match. Staff zoning is simply faster and safer than Manhunter's. This is fact, programmed into the game.

I won't speak to the MU because I haven't played this much. But the part I am quoting, in particular is pointlessly true, misleading and false.

TRUE:
The MU is programmed into the game the same way every MU is programmed into the game.

MISLEADING:
Staff zoning is simply faster and safer than Manhunter's

FALSE:
"there's no way Dick loses this match" - he loses it outside of staff range, when forced to be the aggressor in particular.
"This is fact" - no, it's opinion, and the correlation between the opinion and the fact is tenuously supported.

There is a lot more to the MU than the frame data, which is compounded by the fact that the in-game fame data is at best inaccurate. Almost, if not every character has noted frame data corrections in their forums. So unless you did a lot of testing (which you might have) I find it unlikely that you even know for sure that "Dick > MMH because of frames".

Maybe you are right, and at best it's 5-5. But saying because of "speed" read:Frames Dick wins is like saying because of teleport MMH wins. Neither covers the entire MU. Neither even expresses why the tool in question allows for a dominant MU.

TL : DR; Bullshit argument.

P.S. I agree, people forget that the player makes the match more so than the character, especially early on in a games life. Note Chris G and Green Arrow.

ZalliX

Noob
The strikethroughs are cute. Taking what better players say as gospel is pointless when most of them can't actually articulate their reasoning.

I don't really care what Junior has seen from REO vs CD. Tiers aren't influenced by player skill or execution, they're indicative of character matchups. Execution in Injustice is an oxymoron. We have dial-a-combos and you can literally hold down your wager input to guarantee it coming out right.

REO being an awesome player doesn't change the matchup.

The more you talk, the more you reveal your inexperience.

If you don't know how to properly use a character, or do not have enough information on a character your tier list will be skewed.

I am saying CDJR knows how to use characters and MOST IMPORTANTLY knows what makes a character good.

Wasted

Noob
No, it is fact. If it is programmed into the game that staff zoning is faster and safer, and it can/has been verified through testing, it is fact. It is proven. It is not an opinion. Something that is demonstrable, and repeatable, to have less startup frames and more frame advantage, is a fact.

What it shows is that you have no idea how to play Nightwing. Dick has no reason to be the aggressor against J'onn in staff. That's the point of being in staff stance in the first place. He doesn't lose outside of staff range, because he's not trying to be in close. He WANTS to be at range in staff. Ground blast is a superior zoning move to almost everything J'onn has.

Dick DOES have the advantage of numbers in this matchup, at least as far as zoning. In close, Manhunter may have a bit more of an advantage, he has more six frame normals and a good high/low game thanks to command grab. Trait gives him more range and damage, and he already does more damage than Dick. When MMH trait is up, Dick clearly doesn't want to be rushing down. I think we can all agree on that. Dick has escrima B2 mixups and generally more frame advantage in both stances, plus the threat of MB flipkicks.

MB orbs are something Dick has to respect, but since Dick has no problem sitting back with Staff, it's less of a hassle than if you were playing a pure rushdown game with say, Batman.

If you want to argue the numbers, as of the current in-game data and latest patch, Ground Blast is 21 frames of startup. TK strikes are 29, Pillars are 22, teleports are 26. TK strikes are safe, fine, but they're still negative. GB is safe on block. And it hits low. +9 for regular, +18 for EX. Pillars are -17 on block, so yes, Dick does get to do a reversal ground pound versus pillars and TK strikes to keep MMH honest. Just like he does against Aquaman's From the Deep. Almost nothing will allow MMH to avoid the reversal pound. He has to respect it. Manhunter can't do that for free, he has to make a read, since Dick is already 9 or 18 frames ahead of him. Even MB pillars are only even on block, or so.

Even if the frame data is off in some cases, this does not take long to test. An hour, at most, if you really want to knuckle it out. The frames are mostly accurate, but go try it for yourself.

It's not as if Dick can simply sit back and spam in staff of course, but because it is faster and safer, it is much more easier for him to keep MMH out than the reverse.

Dick has the overall advantage in the matchup, because the tools that J'onn uses to get in have no invincibility, and the tools he uses to keep Dick away are often slower and unsafe. Dick gets to control the ground with faster zoning moves and generally safer zoning and offense. That is my experience, from what I've watched, what I've tested and the games I've played. And with that, this conversation is over.

Agree to disagree. Time will tell if it changes in MMH's favor, the game has a lot more growing to do.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Staff ruins J'onn. All of his teleports and zoning tools lose to ground blast - MMH's zoning is mostly negative on block as well.

Dick doesn't have to respect much of J'onn's zoning. J'onn has no lows unless he's within command grab range, either. Escrima's mixups can make life really hell for him.

"command grab" ???

You mean regular grab? (That happens to be long range.)

When I used Martian in the Match Up, I kan play some semblance of footsies with Nightwing and rush him down when I have to.

Zoning was mostly to keep him in check but Martian also has good air mobility to avoid ground blasts.

I only really teleport when Nightwing is in Escrima.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
When was the last time Chris G or anyone for that matter placed using Green Arrow? Chris was successful with Arrow when the game was new, not to mention he tested the game. He uses a lot of Black Adam now from what I know and for good reason. I don't think he's made it to top 8's without Black Adam recently.

If you know that Arrow match up he doesn't have many ways to land damage. It takes way too much work to get anything going if the person knows how to fuzzy guard his f2d13 and f2d1 arrow.
Or just back dash or jump back and wiff punish that string. F2D1 is extremely wiff punishable for some reason.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Or just back dash or jump back and wiff punish that string. F2D1 is extremely wiff punishable for some reason.
Good back dash > GA. The recovery on that string is terrible. He can use normal arrows to force them to block the string but it's still shitty.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Good back dash > GA. The recovery on that string is terrible. He can use normal arrows to force them to block the string but it's still shitty.

Yeah. That's one of the things that sux. You kan use normal arrows to grant advantage but then that means you the pay off for the fuzzy guardable 50/50 is very low.

Wasted

Noob
"command grab" ???

You mean regular grab? (That happens to be long range.)

When I used Martian in the Match Up, I kan play some semblance of footsies with Nightwing and rush him down when I have to.

Zoning was mostly to keep him in check but Martian also has good air mobility to avoid ground blasts.

I only really teleport when Nightwing is in Escrima.
Martian Grab. My bad. It's not an actual grab, I know, but it hits low. J'onn definitely holds his own, even probably has the advantage, in close.