What's new

EMP CD Jr. Wins Injustice: GAU @ Next Level Battle Circuit #20

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
...he is saying Injustice sucks because it's a jump fest with shit anti-air options and zoning heavy game where jumping attacks have stupid priority.
He's basically right, except for sucking part. The game is fun!

A good portion of the cast lack a decent anti-air + super slow walk speeds in this game = jumpfest. If they buffed the walkspeeds in this game we could see a really awesome Street Fighter-style footsies game develop where you're baiting whiffs and throws, etc, but I don't see it happening.

NRS also LOVES giving characters advancing attacks that cover decent ground very quickly (GL b+1, Superman f+2, tons more) which makes it hard to have a traditional footsies game anyway. Instead of baiting whiffs from 1 character away you need to bait them from like 1/4-1/3 screen away.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The walk speed reminds me of some characters from SF. Saying walking is too slow to play footsies is ridiculous. People are pushing this game to be MK more and more.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
The walk speed reminds me of some characters from SF. Saying walking is too slow to play footsies is ridiculous. People are pushing this game to be MK more and more.
I wouldn't mind it being more like MK! :)

But really, I have no problems with the things he mentioned. Only characters need a little more attention. The only thing I have a problem with in Injustice is the forward and backward dash...drives me insane that there's a small window where you can not attack after dashing. But again, probably the MK9 player in me still adjusting to this game.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
IMO walk speed is fine, but then again...what do I know. I've adapted so its just become a part of the game.

Anyway, doesn't Superman's df2 anti-air? It may not lead to serious damage, but as a deterant it would seem to be very effective.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Id have to agree with CDjr about the game being a jump fest because it is.But what I dont get is he plays superman....he has one of the best D2's in the game.
It is a jump fest! If you were able buffering during dash, things would be different and better wake up (like MK)

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Salt fuels CD jr, good shit.

But I agree with what he said on twitter 100%

Game speed is fine. Faster than this would just look stupid imo.

Better invincibility on Wake Up wold solve it all. Better Anti Air would be nice. Just please not something stupid like MK were people AA each other with pokes and stand1s.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Better invincibility on Wake Up wold solve it all. Better Anti Air would be nice. Just please not something stupid like MK were people AA each other with pokes and stand1s.
Walk speed not game speed.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

AA's in MK9 were really great.. Stopped people from jumping like a maniac but without the retarded invincible frames of Shoryukens and DPs.....

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
AA's in MK9 were really great.. Stopped people from jumping like a maniac but without the retarded invincible frames of Shoryukens and DPs.....

I always find sort of stupid anti air people with pokes and stand 1s. But between that and Injustice that the majority of the cast in that game doesn't have decent AA I'd take MK without a single doubt. The only true (and by FAR the best in the game) anti air in Injustice that I recognize is Aquaman's D2. But that shit is way too far imba.

Oh and MK had a lot of skills with retarded invincible frames on Wake Up. As a Sub-Zero player myself, I used to wake up using Ice Clone from full distance screen just to not get cheap damage from a projectile, for instance. lol

Walk speed not game speed.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.