What's new

EMP CD Jr. Wins Injustice: GAU @ Next Level Battle Circuit #20

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
After dispatching his old nemesis, Chris G, who narrowly defeated him less than a week ago at ECT5, CD Jr. made his way through the gauntlet of Losers bracket to Grand Finals at Wednesday Night's Next Level Battle Circuit. After an exciting nailbiter of a match against MH Flux, and a decisive win against EMP DragonGod's Black Adam, he went on to face Rico Suave's surging Black Adam in the championship rounds.

CD Jr. was able to reset the bracket, and Rico was unable to find an answer as Jr. seemed to get better with every round, taking the second set with a resounding 3-0 victory.

This is CD Jr.'s second victory at NLBC in as many weeks. With over 5000 viewers tuning in, IGAU at Next Level remained strong and has become one of the premier weekly attractions alongside Wednesday Night Fights.

The tournament stream is archived at Arturo's channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/407013579?t=53m20s

Attachments

cyke_out

Noob
Good games to everyone at the event. Especially CDjr coming back from losers.

As for the AA issues, Some characters have decent anti-airs either in a D2 or a dedicated special, some characters do not. For the ones that don't, air-to-air'ing and back dashing works.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
CD Jr popping off on Twitter and looking super salty on the camera was awesome lol.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Does anyone have a list of characters used in the top 8? I find it interesting to see how distribution has been going.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
...he is saying Injustice sucks because it's a jump fest with shit anti-air options and zoning heavy game where jumping attacks have stupid priority.
That's what the game seems at first, the game is very rushdown heavy #TomBradyEvenAfter1Month

...he is saying Injustice sucks because it's a jump fest with shit anti-air options and zoning heavy game where jumping attacks have stupid priority.
Isn't it a good thing that the game doesn't have that many good anti airs, since the best oppeners you get from jumping attacks.
It feels so awkward, if you're trying to get in on the opponent on a short distance. You can't dash in, since you're fucked if you try that and you can't walk in, since the walking speed is horrible.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Dafuq? Jump fest? Maybe its just cause i main aquaman but NO ONE jumps in on me. Doesnt everyone know they can armor through jump ins?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Id have to agree with CDjr about the game being a jump fest because it is.But what I dont get is he plays superman....he has one of the best D2's in the game.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I understand what CDjr. is saying. His frustration didn't just come from the understanding that he lost to jumping, but that he himself was able to defeat good players by conforming to a playstyle he feels is fundamentally weak.

I agree with him that the combination of generally weak anti-air options and slow walk speeds heavily discourages footsies, at the moment. However, Hector poses an interesting argument. The game isn't necessarily bad because it doesn't conform to the fundamental standards set by the games before it, it's just different. If you can't and/or won't adapt, stay salty.

LEGEND

YES!
However, Hector poses an interesting argument. The game isn't necessarily bad because it doesn't conform to the fundamental standards set by the games before it, it's just different. If you can't and/or won't adapt, stay salty.
exactly this.
t

TWOFACE_23

I agree that jumping attacks have too much priority. I can never AA bat mans J2 so I'm forced to block and eat a fuckin mixup