What's new

Editorial on how NetherRealm is handling the Season Pass.

Crap review. You state why the dlc is bad when it isn't even out. We don't have official confirmation of anything yet and even if the rumours are true, the characters could turn out to be great fighters with unique styles. This isn't a mortal kombat game, which is why there are 24 or more dc characters, 1 MK character is not going to ruin everything.

Why does everyone on the Internet have to hold people to what they said months or years ago. Things change and you have to live with it like an adult, not a whining child. Just play the game and be grateful for having it at all!

RAWFShowtime

#INeedInjustice
Crap review. You state why the dlc is bad when it isn't even out. We don't have official confirmation of anything yet and even if the rumours are true, the characters could turn out to be great fighters with unique styles. This isn't a mortal kombat game, which is why there are 24 or more dc characters, 1 MK character is not going to ruin everything.

Why does everyone on the Internet have to hold people to what they said months or years ago. Things change and you have to live with it like an adult, not a whining child. Just play the game and be grateful for having it at all!
You completely missed the point of the editorial. It's not about the characters in it. It's about how NetherRealm has said one thing and then proceeds to do another.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend an editorial and judge it based on a sentence or two.

That was some dirty media "hands in the cookie jar" stuff. Very narrow sighted and on sided.
you seem to neglect the entire value/cost of publishing a single character to an extreme.

RAWFShowtime

#INeedInjustice
That was some dirty media "hands in the cookie jar" stuff. Very narrow sighted and on sided.
you seem to neglect the entire value/cost of publishing a single character to an extreme.
That's not accurate as I am well aware the cost it takes to make a single character model as well as everything that goes along with it.

What I'm saying is that if they only plan to do four characters, that's completely fine. But instead of giving the consumer the run around to fill them with false hope, just be up front and tell them so. Don't dodge the question and say that there could be more two games in a row and then not produce any.

This is the same people who said they hadn't even thought about the DLC 2 weeks before launch and on the day the game comes out we have the render graphic for Lobo.

Honesty from the publisher to the consumer can go a long that, that's what I'm saying.

You completely missed the point of the editorial. It's not about the characters in it. It's about how NetherRealm has said one thing and then proceeds to do another.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend an editorial and judge it based on a sentence or two.
LOL!

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
This is coming from a guy who really wanted to see Jason as DLC for MK9, or some of the more obscure MK characters from the 3D games in MK9. You blame NRS but forget that they work for WB. WB calls the shots on how "their" money is to be spent and while NRS may control the content (90%), WB has to sign off on it, and when they say "no,we want to new game," they get a new game. yes it would have been nice to see more content for MK9, but NRS/WB are a business, and businesses need to make money. More money is in a new game (or an update...Capcom) than just DLC.

In the end, NRS made a great game in MK9, and did so again with Injustice. Whether the masses approve of the DLC choices for Injustice, and back them as the fans backed them in MK9, remains to be seen, but I'm very confindent that they will make compelling content that will make us (at least some of us) happy.

Question: Would you have rather seen Ultimate MK9, a rehash of the last game a-la SSf4 and SSF4:AE, rather than Injustice?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I just don't get the need for this editorial...

It is in regards to an optional pay feature in a video game.. Should drop the pen and pick ups joystick... Save the editorials for topics that matter

TheMikko

Noob
So, lying is okay then, if it happened a little while ago? That really isn't honesty, you know. I don't see how keeping your customers informed is somehow an impossibility. This is a very legitimate concern, NR told us we'd get more MK DLC if it sold well. It did and we got none. Now we're hearing if Injustice DLC sells well there'll be more. Sounds oddly familiar, doesn't it? Oh, but I guess once it's August and a few months gave passed it's okay if what they said isn't true, right skateblind?
And if the MK DLC hadn't made money I doubt Boon would've said it "exceeded expectations", unless they went into it expecting to LOSE money, which I dare say they did not.

RAWFShowtime

#INeedInjustice
This is coming from a guy who really wanted to see Jason as DLC for MK9, or some of the more obscure MK characters from the 3D games in MK9. You blame NRS but forget that they work for WB. WB calls the shots on how "their" money is to be spent and while NRS may control the content (90%), WB has to sign off on it, and when they say "no,we want to new game," they get a new game. yes it would have been nice to see more content for MK9, but NRS/WB are a business, and businesses need to make money. More money is in a new game (or an update...Capcom) than just DLC.

In the end, NRS made a great game in MK9, and did so again with Injustice. Whether the masses approve of the DLC choices for Injustice, and back them as the fans backed them in MK9, remains to be seen, but I'm very confindent that they will make compelling content that will make us (at least some of us) happy.

Question: Would you have rather seen Ultimate MK9, a rehash of the last game a-la SSf4 and SSF4:AE, rather than Injustice?
No I'm happy we got Injustice, and I really do enjoy the game. Just as I enjoyed MK 9.

I hear you on the WB front and I agree that at the end of the day when the publisher says its time to move on, you gotta move on. There's really no choice involved there.

The editorial was simply an opinion piece of how I as the consumer feels the situation has been handled. I respect those that wish to disagree with me. But for some to bash me for having my own opinion as compared to yours is honestly a bit disheartening.

We all have different opinions on Season Passes, and DLC, and who we do or don't want as DLC characters. But at the end of the day its the passion of the community that pushes these games forward. It would really be nice for the FGC to get along more and respect each others opinions without having to attack someone just because they don't share your opinion.

At the end of the day, we all want the same thing...a freaking awesome fighting game. NRS obviously gave us that with Injustice. There is zero argument there. I hope everyone understands that.

TheMikko

Noob
I just don't get the need for this editorial...

It is in regards to an optional pay feature in a video game.. Should drop the pen and pick ups joystick... Save the editorials for topics that matter
Would "topic that matters" would you expect a fighting game website to cover? Famine in Africa? Lousy business practices and their effects on fans' support ARE important in the gaming business. Capcom has lost TONS of fans' support over doing stuff that pissed 'em off. We'd actually like to see NR STAY in good graces by NOT doing stupid stuff that makes fans lose their faith in them.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Would "topic that matters" would you expect a fighting game website to cover? Famine in Africa? Lousy business practices and their effects on fans' support ARE important in the gaming business. Capcom has lost TONS of fans' support over doing stuff that pissed 'em off. We'd actually like to see NR STAY in good graces by NOT doing stupid stuff that makes fans lose their faith in them.
Famine in Africa is a good start :)

Capcom losing tons of fan "support"?
Nope.. Capcom still selling the hell out of games.. Just because people bitch and whine about something.. At the end of the day.. They still buy the game!! That is because the vocal majority of the whiners (about disc locked content, or false promises) act like children and do not have the restraint to boycott and not purchase.

I would rather have a great game with empty DLC promises than a crap game with promises if making games better in the future.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I lol'd at Scorpion and the back to block. Like NRS couldn't adapt his controls and how he'd play for one game. If you believe everything the Internet says, I guess it can't be helped.

Also the fuck has NRS done to piss you off? They made DLC, you bought that, everybody's happy. They probably didn't make any more because they were working on the new project by the time they knew how big it sold.

Yes, I'm happy I got my season pass. Why? Because it's spending less to get more. How can you be annoyed by that?

TheMikko

Noob
Famine in Africa is a good start :)

Capcom losing tons of fan "support"?
Nope.. Capcom still selling the hell out of games.. Just because people bitch and whine about something.. At the end of the day.. They still buy the game!! That is because the vocal majority of the whiners (about disc locked content, or false promises) act like children and do not have the restraint to boycott and not purchase.

I would rather have a great game with empty DLC promises than a crap game with promises if making games better in the future.
Yeah, that's why Capcom has been so psyched about the SxT and UMVC3 sales. [/sarcasm]

How about getting a great game withOUT empty promises? That is in no way an impossibility.

So, lying is okay then, if it happened a little while ago? That really isn't honesty, you know. I don't see how keeping your customers informed is somehow an impossibility. This is a very legitimate concern, NR told us we'd get more MK DLC if it sold well. It did and we got none. Now we're hearing if Injustice DLC sells well there'll be more. Sounds oddly familiar, doesn't it? Oh, but I guess once it's August and a few months gave passed it's okay if what they said isn't true, right skateblind?
And if the MK DLC hadn't made money I doubt Boon would've said it "exceeded expectations", unless they went into it expecting to LOSE money, which I dare say they did not.
So they can't change their minds ever on anything they ever said in the past? They didn't force you to buy anything, they said if it sold well then there COULD be more dlc, or make more dlc likely. Did anybody buy all the dlc in MK 9 just because it would make more dlc releases possible? Even if you did or didn't want the original dlc in the first place. You are complaining about a non-issue. Buy the dlc you want to use, not because they might release more dlc that you may or may not buy anyway.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
No I'm happy we got Injustice, and I really do enjoy the game. Just as I enjoyed MK 9.

I hear you on the WB front and I agree that at the end of the day when the publisher says its time to move on, you gotta move on. There's really no choice involved there.

The editorial was simply an opinion piece of how I as the consumer feels the situation has been handled. I respect those that wish to disagree with me. But for some to bash me for having my own opinion as compared to yours is honestly a bit disheartening.

We all have different opinions on Season Passes, and DLC, and who we do or don't want as DLC characters. But at the end of the day its the passion of the community that pushes these games forward. It would really be nice for the FGC to get along more and respect each others opinions without having to attack someone just because they don't share your opinion.

At the end of the day, we all want the same thing...a freaking awesome fighting game. NRS obviously gave us that with Injustice. There is zero argument there. I hope everyone understands that.
Please don't take my post as a "bash" on your opinion. If you felt slighted by what happened, you have a right to feel that way, my perspective on it though is that though Boon/NRS said "[put whaterver here]," WB has the final word. Any complaints about what the developers wanted to happen but it not happening, should be directed towards them, the ones making the final decisions.

The reality of the situation is though, that the only way we would have gotten more characters in MK9 is if UMK9, and UMK9:AE were also green lit as only by selling a new disc could they have justified putting more money into a product with diminishing returns. Honestly I would have loved it, and bought them all, but MK10 will be here soon enough, the saga will continue, and it will be better than ever.

aj1701

Noob

Fyi, people and companies are allowed to change their mind. Deal with it.

TheMikko

Noob
I lol'd at Scorpion and the back to block. Like NRS couldn't adapt his controls and how he'd play for one game.
One of Scorpion's two original special moves is a teleporting strike from behind. Which you'd now have to press forwards to where he was when activating the move to block, rather than pressing the same button you'd block everything else with. I think that's more of the issue.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
One of Scorpion's two original special moves is a teleporting strike from behind. Which you'd now have to press forwards to where he was when activating the move to block, rather than pressing the same button you'd block everything else with. I think that's more of the issue.
I guess you missed the part where I said NRS could adapt him for the game.

RAWFShowtime

#INeedInjustice
Please don't take my post as a "bash" on your opinion. If you felt slighted by what happened, you have a right to feel that way, my perspective on it though is that though Boon/NRS said "[put whaterver here]," WB has the final word. Any complaints about what the developers wanted to happen but it not happening, should be directed towards them, the ones making the final decisions.

The reality of the situation is though, that the only way we would have gotten more characters in MK9 is if UMK9, and UMK9:AE were also green lit as only by selling a new disc could they have justified putting more money into a product with diminishing returns. Honestly I would have loved it, and bought them all, but MK10 will be here soon enough, the saga will continue, and it will be better than ever.
No bashing from you my friend.

I appreciated your reply without making me feel like I'm a moron for having a different opinion over someone else. Thank you.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Remove his original special? Why even include him then? He can't do a fatality in Injustice.
You lost the argument the moment you brought up fatalities.

But just to prove you more wrong, Joker and Ares kill their opponents.

Who said anything about removing it?

TheMikko

Noob
You lost the argument the moment you brought up fatalities.

But just to prove you more wrong, Joker and Ares kill their opponents.

Who said anything about removing it?
Because fatalities are kind of a big draw of Mortal Kombat and it's characters, if you haven't heard. It was kind of a big deal to the series, particularly early on. Suppose they could do something with his winning taunt, but I'm thinking plenty of fans would just go "Mk vs DC all over again" at it not being gory enough or something.
And with the move's nature being reliant on blocking happening with one button, how would YOU adapt it?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because fatalities are kind of a big draw of Mortal Kombat and it's characters, if you haven't heard. It was kind of a big deal to the series, particularly early on. Suppose they could do something with his winning taunt, but I'm thinking plenty of fans would just go "Mk vs DC all over again" at it not being gory enough or something.
And with the move's nature being reliant on blocking happening with one button, how would YOU adapt it?
...So? Fatalities were censored in MK DC. Nobody would complain about an off screen murder as his win pose.

Pretty easily. It could just be Freddy's teleport than moves him around. Or it can be his usual teleport and just be blockable. OR, as a third option, it's slow enough that you can adjust your controls quickly and block accordingly.

Scorpion isn't DLC though.