What's new

Ed Boon's latest "boot" tweet possibly hints a character reveal.

Espio

Kokomo
Not only that, guess what else?

Jax has been in every single Mortal Kombat fighter since his first appearance in MKII.

That's a perfect track record.

The only other MK character to have a perfect, consecutive, track record of being playable in the games is Subzero.

This is actually not true. Jax was not playable in the console versions of Deception because he died alongside Kitana, Sonya, Cage, Lao etc. The only character to ever appear in every game in some form or another is Sub-Zero.

D. R.

Noob
This is actually not true. Jax was not playable in the console versions of Deception because he died alongside Kitana, Sonya, Cage, Lao etc. The only character to ever appear in every game in some form or another is *Bi-Han.
I fixed it for you sir.

Bi-Han (Noob) will be in the game. ;) He's like the Undertaker winning Wrestlemania. He just keeps showing up whether you like it or not but always delivers to the story.

As the first picture is obviously Quan Chi, I strongly believe the other 5 pictures are of exclusively fallen heroes serving him. ( Confirmed that they'll play their part)
Of all theories heard, my prediction is:
2nd pic: Kabal.
Coat.
3rd pic: Kung Lao / Kitana / Jade.
This could be Lao, but… Skin is seen above the monk-ish shoe thing. If not skin tho, could be a tight woman's outfit. I
highly doubt they will have a male character with spandex or wearing shorts, especially with this dark tone of MKX.
4th pic: Jade / Kitana.
Clearly a girl's foot. This shoe thing is a female ninja like shoe ( as many people spotted already) with a metal or
possibly gold plate on it.
5th pic: Jax.
Because it's so Jax.
6th pic: Smoke.
No explanation. Just feels like it.

The rest of fallen servants as seen in mk9's chapter 16:

Sindel: The only servant not being a "hero" and already resurrected once. She is a different story than the rest.
Nightwolf: No one cares.
Stryker: No one cares. Useless bottom tier even for a servant.
CSZ: Please.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
As the first picture is obviously Quan Chi, I strongly believe the other 5 pictures are of exclusively fallen heroes serving him. ( Confirmed that they'll play their part)
Of all theories heard, my prediction is:
2nd pic: Kabal.
Coat.
3rd pic: Kung Lao / Kitana / Jade.
This could be Lao, but… Skin is seen above the monk-ish shoe thing. If not skin tho, could be a tight woman's outfit. I
highly doubt they will have a male character with spandex or wearing shorts, especially with this dark tone of MKX.
4th pic: Jade / Kitana.
Clearly a girl's foot. This shoe thing is a female ninja like shoe ( as many people spotted already) with a metal or
possibly gold plate on it.
5th pic: Jax.
Because it's so Jax.
6th pic: Smoke.
No explanation. Just feels like it.

The rest of fallen servants as seen in mk9's chapter 1:

Sindel: The only servant not being a "hero" and already resurrected once. She is a different story than the rest.
Nightwolf: No one cares.
Stryker: No one cares. Useless bottom tier even for a servant.
CSZ: Please.
I think you are on the wrong track man.

When asked on twitter if the boot pic was returning characters or new characters Ed Boon replied: "MIxture" remember? People were taking about his accidental capitalization with the "MI".

That means it can't be all undead from Mk9 because there are done new characters in that bunch.

I think instead it might mean or next 5 character reveals. And personally judging by the fact that they're revealing important story characters first, I'd say the 2nd one with the coat might be Shinnok.

I think you are on the wrong track man.

When asked on twitter if the boot pic was returning characters or new characters Ed Boon replied: "MIxture" remember? People were taking about his accidental capitalization with the "MI".

That means it can't be all undead from Mk9 because there are done new characters in that bunch.

I think instead it might mean or next 5 character reveals. And personally judging by the fact that they're revealing important story characters first, I'd say the 2nd one with the coat might be Shinnok.
Good points indeed. However, Boon couldn't answer Yes or No for obvious reasons.
Also, the 2nd one is looking too "casual" for a character like Shinnok.
I believe the 6 boot hint is strongly associated with Quan chi specifically, as he is in the 1st pic.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
1) To create hype
2) Good point.

Ok, what are your predictions for these 5 pics?
Uh, I don't have any. I told you, they could literally be anyone. 4 is obviously a girl, a well dressed girl. But again, meaningless. Mileena could be well dressed this time around. Anyone could.

Actually, if anything I doubt any of them are quan chi's revenants. If they're zombies or possessed or whatever, they wouldn't have such pristine footwear.

shig

kool guy
The second boot seems to have a coat or cape of some form. Maybe it's kabawl.

And the second to last boot seems to be from a much bigger person than the others. The leg and foot are just bigger, but that could be because of a camera angle or the guy's stance