What's new

Ed Boon's latest "boot" tweet possibly hints a character reveal.

Dark

Noob
The thing in the last picture looks like one of D'vorah's back tentacle thingies ripped off and being used as a weapon..

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Hmmm look at the second picture from the right. Look familiar anyone?

Here is Jax:

Here is Jax's boots:

Here is picture number 5:

I think we got ourselves a Jax confirmination. But that could be too easy to believe, maybe that's exactly what Boon wanted us to think. He wanted us to think it would be Jax. Or maybe he wanted us to think that he'd think we wanted him to think that we'd think it was Jax. Fortunately I have a plan. At his next public appearance, we're going to take Boon hostage and Psychoanalyse the hell out of him so we can understand how he thinks. It could fail though... But Boon's just a mad dog, I (really) want whoever let him off the leash.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
So Boon took down the "Who's next?" on his twitter and there's nothing but an empty black space.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Didn't saw anyone mention the first one being Baraka.. as you can see a skull on his legg..Baraka would be awesome!

edit: seems like the first boot is the most give away because a skull on the legg is one of Barakas trademarks as the second picture gives away the trenchcoat being either Kabal or Mavado..so yeh after those 2 you can only guess..does this mean Baraka confirmed ?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That first boot is pretty obviously Baraka. It is very very close to his MK9 boot/knee guard.
Hell yeah, him or another Tarkatan.

The leg in the picture is even bent in a slight slouch, like Baraka's MK9 stance.

Here is Jax:

Here is Jax's boots:

I think we got ourselves a Jax confirmination. But that could be too easy to believe, maybe that's exactly what Boon wanted us to think. He wanted us to think it would be Jax. Or maybe he wanted us to think that he'd think we wanted him to think that we'd think it was Jax. Fortunately I have a plan. At his next public appearance, we're going to take Boon hostage and Psychoanalyse the hell out of him so we can understand how he thinks. It could fail though... But Boon's just a mad dog, I (really) want whoever let him off the leash.
This does feel a bit obvious, I was thinking the same.

The only characters who would wear plated military boots and cargo pants are Jax, Kano, and Hsu Hao.

One of those has been confirmed, one of them has been deconfirmed.

It's either Jax, or someone new, but I don't know how they'll make a new military type guy interesting enough to leave Jax out.

Not only that, guess what else?

Jax has been in every single Mortal Kombat fighter since his first appearance in MKII.

That's a perfect track record.

The only other MK character to have a perfect, consecutive, track record of being playable in the games is Subzero.

Scott The Scot

This does feel a bit obvious, I was thinking the same.

The only characters who would wear plated military boots and cargo pants are Jax, Kano, and Hsu Hao.

One of those has been confirmed, one of them has been deconfirmed.

It's either Jax, or someone new, but I don't know how they'll make a new military type guy interesting enough to leave Jax out.

Not only that, guess what else?

Jax has been in every single Mortal Kombat fighter since his first appearance in MKII.

That's a perfect track record.

The only other MK character to have a perfect, consecutive, track record of being playable in the games is Subzero.
Excellent work detective. I agree with what you're saying. Evidence does indeed suggest that Jax will be in the game still. Also, Jax/Sonya/Kano have always had their little backstory throughout the MK universe and if Kano's in the game, could that mean that Jax is also in the game? For the sake of the story? I mean unless Kano has/is doing something extrordinary for Earthrealm and has been forgiven he is still a wanted man that has to pay for his crimes. That's all a shot in the dark, it's hard to predict the correct outcome sometimes. I personally believe it's Jax.

Also, remember that even though people have great track records, Boon and the NRS team want to really innovate and mix it up a bit. So that's a thing...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm feeling a bit of sarcasm off of that reply, and I don't know why, because I was only agreeing with what you said and also adding in information supporting your findings.

Then again, I can't tell sarcasm very well over the internet.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Excellent work detective. I agree with what you're saying. Evidence does indeed suggest that Jax will be in the game still. Also, Jax/Sonya/Kano have always had their little backstory throughout the MK universe and if Kano's in the game, could that mean that Jax is also in the game? For the sake of the story? I mean unless Kano has/is doing something extrordinary for Earthrealm and has been forgiven he is still a wanted man that has to pay for his crimes. That's all a shot in the dark, it's hard to predict the correct outcome sometimes. I personally believe it's Jax.

Also, remember that even though people have great track records, Boon and the NRS team want to really innovate and mix it up a bit. So that's a thing...
Could be Jax's son...Max? Dax? Pax? Tyrone?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

Here is Jax:

Here is Jax's boots:

Don't do this to me man, I cant get my hopes up like this.

oh

oh

ITS HAPPENING

Scott The Scot

I'm feeling a bit of sarcasm off of that reply, and I don't know why, because I was only agreeing with what you said and also adding in information supporting your findings.

Then again, I can't tell sarcasm very well over the internet.
No sarcasm. I can see why you'd think that, but I was just maintaining a persona in my head :p

Could be Jax's son...Max? Dax? Pax? Tyrone?
Let me ask you. Would you wear your dead daddy's boots and or clothes?

...Tyrant probably would in the Briggs family :DOGE

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS

Do you guys see a difference here? The skull on the boot to the left which belongs to Baraka in MK9 is a Tarkatan skull.
The image on the right is a human skull. Not trying to crush anyone's hopes for this not being Baraka, and trust me I want him in more than anyone else, but what if it's not him? Just sayin'

And I agree with the boot belonging to Jax, that's who I think it is too.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Neither of those look like Tarkatan skulls.

This is what a Tarkatan skull looks like:

They don't have to be Tarkatan skulls anyway, when was it stated Baraka only wears the skulls or armor pieces that look like the skulls of his own people?