What's new

General/Other - Raiden Ed Boon talks Raiden reveal trailer - Mortal Kombat X

latte lollipop

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
Wait so he's basically just confirmed Kotal Kahn as the new villain! At 28 seconds in he says:

"In MKX Raiden finds himself with many of his allies dead or gone, leaving him to face Kotal Kahn- a new emperor who has taken over Outworld."
I swear Mileena better step up her game and fight or rule along side Kotal Kahn. That is her territory, she better make her mark and put the newcomers in there place! If she just get tossed aside in this game that is so disappointing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Eh, I was hoping that Tanya or Rain would take it over since Sindel and Kitana aren't around. But I guess Mileena can somehow take it over, maybe she'll be good this time around.
Nah, I like her as a maneater.
Could be a part of the story, Tanya vs Rain vs Mileena for control of Edenia. Who knows? I hope it's something like that though :)

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Cool I was speculating that Kotal Kahn would be a villain I was thinking that he was an anit-hero from Outworld, but If he's the new ruler thats badass...

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
"With most of his allies dead or gone."

Looks like some of the deaths in MK9 will be treated with more finality than typical.

I'm not betting on anyone other than Smoke and possibly Kitana getting revived from the fallen good guys.

EDIT: obviously Liu Kang will be back. He's semi confirmed.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Doesnt seem like anyone has been able to grasp the possibilty of "Kahn" being a title given to the ruler of outworld. Well with the exception of a few. He's a fucking Aztec, and he looks nothing like shao IMO.

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector

Check 0:57 Kotal says: "Pray for THE Kahn's mercy" Kahn most likely is a title.
Thank you. Lots of idiots around that have argued that Kahn is not a title, and I used that quote as the basis of my argument. That and the fact shao/kotel don't look at all similar.

So Kotal is the new emperor of Outworld. I hope they show us how he was able to seize power with so many other characters surely vying for the throne.

R.M.P.C^2

I just want to RUSH YOU DOWN!!
Maximilian did a video about this not too long ago where he went into detail about what he predicted the differences would be... guess he was right I want that combo extensions damn some mobility
MB lightning

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Doesnt seem like anyone has been able to grasp the possibilty of "Kahn" being a title given to the ruler of outworld. Well with the exception of a few. He's a fucking Aztec, and he looks nothing like shao IMO.
Exactly...

I have a little theory. Onaga was the ruler of out world but he didn't have Kahn in his title. I can't remember the exact circumstances in which Onaga became ruler, possibly through birthright. Maybe the title Kahn implies that the throne was taken by force by someone who, besides being capable of stealing it, was undeserving of ruling. The position of power is taken by KAHNquest (sorry, had to).

:DOGE

If my theory is correct, that would mean Kotal Kahn would have had to overthrow a ruler. Obviously, Shao Kahn was dead before Kotal came into the picture, so who would he have killed to attain the title Kahn? Maybe the Dragon King returns, or maybe Shinnok appoints someone to oversee the out world army since he's such a busy guy. Kotal could have become ruler anytime in the 25 year period of MKX.

I'm probably wrong and Kotal Kahn was probably just given out world by Shinnok because he likes his tattoos.