What's new

General/Other - Raiden Ed Boon talks Raiden reveal trailer - Mortal Kombat X

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
By now, the EVO reveal for Raiden in Mortal Kombat X ought to be common knowledge, but another video discussing his role has surfaced on the Internet. During this video, Ed Boon throws in some input on what to expect from Raiden, particularly his character variations, and even lets it slip that Kotal Kahn is the "new ruler of Outworld." But what ought to intrigue you more is Raiden's appearance on the character select screen. See it all in the clip below!

- credits to Yinze for the post

- article edited by AK RM Blake

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'll wait a bit before front-paging this. Just need to let the pot bonus article for Summer Jam 8 get some attention first, as it was front-paged just under a half-hour ago. :)

Thanks to @Yinze for the post!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wait so he's basically just confirmed Kotal Kahn as the new villain! At 28 seconds in he says:

"In MKX Raiden finds himself with many of his allies dead or gone, leaving him to face Kotal Kahn- a new emperor who has taken over Outworld."

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Confirmed Kotal Kahn is Shao Kahn's successor. Whether they are blood or if Kahn is just a title--doesn't really matter. He serves the same purpose.
thought I heard/read/saw or somthing that Kotal Khan isnt blood related to Shao Khan. But this does confirm that Kotal has taken the place of Shao as ruler of the Outworld.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah Kano confirmed.
At 0:26 in the Master of Storms variation icon you see Kano getting caught in the static traps.

It looks like Kano. It's not any of the characters shown yet at least, and if you compare him to the leaked photos it looks like him.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
thought I heard/read/saw or somthing that Kotal Khan isnt blood related to Shao Khan. But this does confirm that Kotal has taken the place of Shao as ruler of the Outworld.
Does it really matter? They're both rulers of Outworld and one succeeds the other. They're definitely related, but not necessary blood/father/son.

If he is the new ruler of outworld where is Mileena??? lol Kano, Cage, Sonya, Liu leaked, Kitana teased strongly, and zero news for Mileena.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
His displacer variation looks the best at first glance. His mobility is crazy.